Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Park Life

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate myself for getting excited, surely Ive been through enough by now that I can be realistic about the situation, but sure enough I can feel the hysteria within.

When I actually realised it was happening I was saying our chances of staying up had improved from o% to maybe 50/50, and feeling more bemused than anything else. I certainly wasnt thinking tomorrow would be anything but a (hopefully spirited) defeat

Sadly Ive just finished taunting the two Chelsea fans in the office, convinced we will get a result tomorrow.

Will I never learn

I hate myself for getting excited, surely Ive been through enough by now that I can be realistic about the situation, but sure enough I can feel the hysteria within.

When I actually realised it was happening I was saying our chances of staying up had improved from o% to maybe 50/50, and feeling more bemused than anything else. I certainly wasnt thinking tomorrow would be anything but a (hopefully spirited) defeat

Sadly Ive just finished taunting the two Chelsea fans in the office, convinced we will get a result tomorrow.

Will I never learn

:razz::lol:

Will I never learn

:razz::lol:

We're all the same. :razz:

Styles is a bit of a worry.

Definitely and it would be a real shame if we come out firing and match Chlsea only to be shafted by the ref, all you ask for is a fair playing field. And for probably the first time ever, this season the refs when we played both Arsenal and Manu were fair, get a hatrick against Chelsea and we could pull a win out of the hat.

Very annoying that Anelka's made it though, if they'd lost him and Drogba that would have been great considering we have major injury doubts in defence.

Newcastle (from): Harper, Forster, Krul, S Taylor, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique, Edgar, Cacapa, Butt, Duff, R Taylor, Gutierrez, Nolan, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Geremi, Smith, Martins, Owen, Carroll, Xisco.

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Taylor, Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Terry, Mancienne, A Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Obi, Kalou, Essien, Malouda, Di Santo, Anelka, Quaresma, Stoch.

Bassong in, Shola out

:lol:

Newcastle (from): Harper, Forster, Krul, S Taylor, Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique, Edgar, Cacapa, Butt, Duff, R Taylor, Gutierrez, Nolan, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Geremi, Smith, Martins, Owen, Carroll, Xisco.

Chelsea (from): Cech, Hilario, Taylor, Belletti, Alex, Ivanovic, Terry, Mancienne, A Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Obi, Kalou, Essien, Malouda, Di Santo, Anelka, Quaresma, Stoch.

Bassong in, Shola out

All we can ask is the players bring everything they have to the table today. :razz:

Came across this today and though it was great so here it is for anyone who hasnt seen it. Apologies as its probably on here somewhere.

I loved the music in the second half too. Excellent, anyone know who it was?

Team:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Jose Enrique, Habib Beye, Fabricio Coloccini, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Peter Lovenkrands, Michael Owen ©, Oba Martins

Subs: Fraser Forster, Danny Guthrie, Damien Duff, Alan Smith, Geremi, David Edgar, Andy Carroll

CFC: Petr Cech, Branislav Ivanovic, Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, John Mikel Obi, Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou, John Terry ©, Alex, Nicolas Anelka

Subs: Henrique Hilario, Ricardo Carvalho, Franco Di Santo, Michael Ballack, Deco, Juliano Belletti, Michael Mancienne

Sounds like they'll be playing a 4 5 1 with Anelka up front and Kalou and Malouda working off him down the flanks. Obi Mikel, Essien and Lampard in central midfield against Nolan and Butt. I would have liked to have seen Guthrie out there.

On Sky Sports it showed Ashley arriving, And there was few stupid chav faggots asking for his autograph, of which he gladly gave.... its qutie sickening i reckon, dumb cunts. Disgrace to the club i'd say.

On Sky Sports it showed Ashley arriving, And there was few stupid chav faggots asking for his autograph, of which he gladly gave.... its qutie sickening i reckon, dumb cunts. Disgrace to the club i'd say.

In a way, it may not be the worst thing to happen, he should know that the goodwill will immediately vanish if he dares to let Shearer go and bring Kinnear back.

:lol::razz: About to go out so I'll have to catch this one delayed. I'm incredibly excited. We'll probably lose like. Mental of Sky to be predicting a win of us imo, but you never know...

A likely lads job, avoiding the score?

Aye, won't be too hard to avoid it like considering where I am. I just won't turn on the computer until I'm ready to watch.