the great things about newcastle united

tommo

Do you want me to delete that post so you can compose yourself and try again? :D

However, Spurs fans jump on the pitch when they manage a draw with their ''rivals'' :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful city, Beautiful stadium, Brilliant fans, original strip (How many play in white, red, blue etc etc?), We have played good brands of football, Have a good local rivalry.

Much better than some backwater london club with another backwater london club a stones throw away or anonymous mid lands wank.

Don't try and be Stevie Tom, it doesn't become you. London is widely acknowledged as the best city in this country and one of the best in the world, you you imagine the Olympics in Newcastle? :D

Notts county, Derby County, Grimsby, Darlington, Juve all wear black and white off the top of my head. I would say you were associated with a good brand of football in the past but you are hardly famed for it like the push and run Spurs style that Spurs pioneered.

As for local rivalry, you are a one horse town and there has been a fair bit of time when you and SAFC have been split across two leagues. Average compared to the Old firm, North London, even the Liverpool Manc rivalry, probably on a par with the East Anglian rivalry TBH.

I know it seems special to you. I am sure people who go to watch Plymouth play think Home Park is Mecca BUT you are no different to any other club.

You fans will get to prove themselves if you have an extended stay in the Championship TBF.

Our fans don't need to prove ourselves to anyone, that's not why people go to the game. The 55'000 we averaged in the fifties in the second flight weren't there to prove a point, especially to a shitty club like Spurs.

You live on a myth when you have any criticisms anyway, Averaging less than 20k was a boycott, that league cup game was a boycott, one worked one might not of.

Who the fuck are Spurs?

Cockney Mackems, always have been, always will be. :D

Well I remember not quite so far back you lot getting 15K week in week out in the second tier, lets hope that their isnt a "boycott" when you go down this time because true supporters turn up no matter what.

Beautiful city, Beautiful stadium, Brilliant fans, original strip (How many play in white, red, blue etc etc?), We have played good brands of football, Have a good local rivalry.

Much better than some backwater london club with another backwater london club a stones throw away or anonymous mid lands wank.

Don't try and be Stevie Tom, it doesn't become you. London is widely acknowledged as the best city in this country and one of the best in the world, you you imagine the Olympics in Newcastle? :D

Notts county, Derby County, Grimsby, Darlington, Juve all wear black and white off the top of my head. I would say you were associated with a good brand of football in the past but you are hardly famed for it like the push and run Spurs style that Spurs pioneered.

As for local rivalry, you are a one horse town and there has been a fair bit of time when you and SAFC have been split across two leagues. <b>Average compared to the Old firm, North London, even the Liverpool Manc rivalry,</b> probably on a par with the East Anglian rivalry TBH.

I know it seems special to you. I am sure people who go to watch Plymouth play think Home Park is Mecca BUT you are no different to any other club.

You fans will get to prove themselves if you have an extended stay in the Championship TBF.

average compared to the north london derby and the liverpool manc derby ?

north london ? for fuck sake theres no rivalry there.

your deluded twat who is truly truly are a waste of space.

I suggest you go to one then mate, basically they all turn up in white tshirts trying not to be spotted but unfortunatly the brown trousers give them away as they run the gauntlet down the high road.

Its certainly a lot more more tasty than a bunch of 12 year olds running on to the pitch gving it large :D Didn't your lot just sit there and take it? :unsure:

so if it was spurs arsenal, you would of ran on the pitch and layed into 12 year olds ?

brave man you are, danny.

You're an idiot Danny, you claim to be a ''Scholar of the game'' but you are really a clueless cockney mackem, bitter to the bone and obsessed with all things Newcastle United.

Why did that protest happen Danny and what were the consequences? (The Mckeag protest)

See if you can tell me...

You're an idiot Danny, you claim to be a ''Scholar of the game'' but you are really a clueless cockney mackem, bitter to the bone and obsessed with all things Newcastle United.

Why did that protest happen Danny and what were the consequences? (The Mckeag protest)

See if you can tell me...

We have had our fair share of Chairmen hated by the fans Tom, scholar almost ran us into the ground and sugar ditched one of our most successful managers, yes we protested but we still turned up.

Real fans.

Don't wind him up Tommo it's their big day! :D

WHAT? Oh my god, the irony. :D

Tom, go to the search section on here and type in Spurs / Tottenham or anything related and there are tonnes of threads going back years.

Do the same on glory glory for Necastle and you wont even get a fifth of the amount on here

This is your cup final, we have had ours already this year.

What a joke.

:D

must be a good day for danny tho.. see's the team he supports play the team he secretly loves.

who you supporting on sunday daniel ?

WHAT? Oh my god, the irony. :unsure:

Tom, go to the search section on here and type in Spurs / Tottenham or anything related and there are tonnes of threads going back years.

Do the same on glory glory for Necastle and you wont even get a fifth of the amount on here

This is your cup final, we have had ours already this year.

What a joke.

Why would an anonymous team from London who are over shadowed by their rivals, e.g Arsenal the North London club, who get average attendances by shit fans, over rated over paid for players, whom generally struggle to get into the top half and who's best ever finish in the Premier League was 5th and then they sacked the first decent manager they have had in the Premier League era mean anything to the fans of Newcastle United? :D

Spurs are universally loathed and so are your bitter fans.

Don't pretend your special, especially not to us. :nufc:

3 points please...

:D Howay Danny comparing Spurs v Arsenal to Newcastle v Sunderland what a joke first off Arsenal have shitloads of foreign fans and by this I dont just mean they originated from abroad but they were actually born abroad quality bet they really understand the history, there's also always been a MASSIVE rivalry between us and Sunderland the shipyards, different sides in the civil war etc. You're clueless you really are.

:D Howay Danny comparing Spurs v Arsenal to Newcastle v Sunderland what a joke first off Arsenal have shitloads of foreign fans and by this I dont just mean they originated from abroad but they were actually born abroad quality bet they really understand the history, there's also always been a MASSIVE rivalry between us and Sunderland the shipyards, different sides in the civil war etc. You're clueless you really are.

RobW fought for BOTH sides in the Civil War btw.

He hasn't half changed over the years...

medieval-knights-jousting-1.jpg

I think the number of stories that come out about the club (for good or for bad) makes us more intriguing than most clubs.

The fact we're a one city club, and that we're such a footballing area (Rugby and Cricket are very much second class citizens) means we are all entirely focussed on our club.

The fact it still feels like a parochial club to me, it's not a global brand like Manchester United, it's still a local club. (Similar to the scousers in that regard)

The football the fans expect to see is that of exciting forward play, Danny can say we're not famed for it, but he's just flat out wrong. We are renowned as playing entertaining football, even before the Sky cameras cast their gaze on St James'. Look at our famous old players, not the centre halves or the 'keepers, more than anything it's our Forwards and Strikers; Macdonald, Cole, Beardsley, Robson, Gallagher, Milburn and of course Shearer. We can all name favourite defenders, but it's the forward we elevate to God-like status.

It's the air of unpredictability around the club, you truly have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

Our fans, (and fuck off Danny before you start) on the whole I've found them knowledgeable and to have considered opinions about the club (again I think this is because we gorge ourselves on every morsel of information about the club daily), I've found them to be warm and as happy singing the club's praises as bemoaning it's failings. A trait I've not found amongst the Scousers.

The city on match day is a sight to behold, which ever way you walk to the ground you stride beside men, women kids and OAPs all wearing the colours in some way shape or form. Whether it's the shirt, a scarf, a hat or just a program clutched in their fist.

The stadium itself has pieces of the new wedged against parts of the old, much like the rest of the city it's a unlikely marriage of modernity and a great legacy.

Danny might call us a nothing club and point to his clubs flirtations with success, the double, great players like Hoddle and the like... but he knows that we're a special club. that's why he posts on this board, that's why media outlets pour time and effort into following the next big thing going on ooop norf. We matter and that's why he hates us, that's why he loves us.

Every thread is getting turned into a pissing contest. Its getting really fucking tedious.

+1

Majority of threads seem to generally go off-topic or the yid talking shit...

:D

The football the fans expect to see is that of exciting forward play, Danny can say we're not famed for it, but he's just flat out wrong. We are renowned as playing entertaining football, even before the Sky cameras cast their gaze on St James'. Look at our famous old players, not the centre halves or the 'keepers, more than anything it's our Forwards and Strikers; Macdonald, Cole, Beardsley, Robson, Gallagher, Milburn and of course Shearer. We can all name favourite defenders, but it's the forward we elevate to God-like status.

Spot on you can go way back with it in all like Robledo and wyn the leap never tire of hearing about players like them off my granda

Edited by Barton7

I think the number of stories that come out about the club (for good or for bad) makes us more intriguing than most clubs.

The fact we're a one city club, and that we're such a footballing area (Rugby and Cricket are very much second class citizens) means we are all entirely focussed on our club.

The fact it still feels like a parochial club to me, it's not a global brand like Manchester United, it's still a local club. (Similar to the scousers in that regard)

It's the air of unpredictability around the club, you truly have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

Our fans, (and fuck off Danny before you start) on the whole I've found them knowledgeable and to have considered opinions about the club (again I think this is because we gorge ourselves on every morsel of information about the club daily), I've found them to be warm and as happy singing the club's praises as bemoaning it's failings. A trait I've not found amongst the Scousers.

The city on match day is a sight to behold, which ever way you walk to the ground you stride beside men, women kids and OAPs all wearing the colours in some way shape or form. Whether it's the shirt, a scarf, a hat or just a program clutched in their fist.

The stadium itself has pieces of the new wedged against parts of the old, much like the rest of the city it's a unlikely marriage of modernity and a great legacy.

Danny might call us a nothing club and point to his clubs flirtations with success, the double, great players like Hoddle and the like... but he knows that we're a special club. that's why he posts on this board, that's why media outlets pour time and effort into following the next big thing going on ooop norf. We matter and that's why he hates us, that's why he loves us.

Very good post Fish.

Very good post Fish.

I thought it was a bit OTT in all honesty. Much like the lad himself.

I think people will always have different opinions and opinions that fluctuate as much as the team on the pitch do and this will influence the way they talk about and feel about the club.

Sometimes the romance can be killed but it's important to hold on to.

I think people will always have different opinions and opinions that fluctuate as much as the team on the pitch do and this will influence the way they talk about and feel about the club.

Sometimes the romance can be killed but it's important to hold on to.

I prefer the cynical approach.