the great things about newcastle united

tommo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good post Fish.

I thought it was a bit OTT in all honesty. Much like the lad himself.

I calls it likes I sees it. :D

I can't help that I'm fabulous. :D

Don't wind him up Tommo it's their big day! :D

WHAT? Oh my god, the irony. :D

Tom, go to the search section on here and type in Spurs / Tottenham or anything related and there are tonnes of threads going back years.

Do the same on glory glory for Necastle and you wont even get a fifth of the amount on here

This is your cup final, we have had ours already this year.

What a joke.

How'd that go, by the way?

Danny, I lived in London for 8 years and I agree it is one of the best cities in the world. The trouble for you lot, is that Tottenham is an absolute shit hole and you know it. :D

We're not talking the glamour of Kings Road, the buzzing bars of Shoreditch or the pomp of Regent's Park. We're talking about the north circular, kebab shops and garages where you have to shout through the glass after 8pm.

Newcastle is altogether different. The stadium rises majestically from the heart of the city casting its benevolent shadow over the masses. Expensive cars park happily next to builders vans. There is no jealousy, only the camaraderie that comes from living in a place where people believe in a higher goal. A unity that is understood by everyone and whether spoken or unspoken, it is felt by all.

:D:nufc::unsure:

I think the number of stories that come out about the club (for good or for bad) makes us more intriguing than most clubs.

The fact we're a one city club, and that we're such a footballing area (Rugby and Cricket are very much second class citizens) means we are all entirely focussed on our club.

The fact it still feels like a parochial club to me, it's not a global brand like Manchester United, it's still a local club. (Similar to the scousers in that regard)

The football the fans expect to see is that of exciting forward play, Danny can say we're not famed for it, but he's just flat out wrong. We are renowned as playing entertaining football, even before the Sky cameras cast their gaze on St James'. Look at our famous old players, not the centre halves or the 'keepers, more than anything it's our Forwards and Strikers; Macdonald, Cole, Beardsley, Robson, Gallagher, Milburn and of course Shearer. We can all name favourite defenders, but it's the forward we elevate to God-like status.

It's the air of unpredictability around the club, you truly have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

Our fans, (and fuck off Danny before you start) on the whole I've found them knowledgeable and to have considered opinions about the club (again I think this is because we gorge ourselves on every morsel of information about the club daily), I've found them to be warm and as happy singing the club's praises as bemoaning it's failings. A trait I've not found amongst the Scousers.

The city on match day is a sight to behold, which ever way you walk to the ground you stride beside men, women kids and OAPs all wearing the colours in some way shape or form. Whether it's the shirt, a scarf, a hat or just a program clutched in their fist.

The stadium itself has pieces of the new wedged against parts of the old, much like the rest of the city it's a unlikely marriage of modernity and a great legacy.

Danny might call us a nothing club and point to his clubs flirtations with success, the double, great players like Hoddle and the like... but he knows that we're a special club. that's why he posts on this board, that's why media outlets pour time and effort into following the next big thing going on ooop norf. We matter and that's why he hates us, that's why he loves us.

Like Russel Brand. Without the women. And not as skinny. Or funny. And with worse hair. :D

I think the number of stories that come out about the club (for good or for bad) makes us more intriguing than most clubs.

The fact we're a one city club, and that we're such a footballing area (Rugby and Cricket are very much second class citizens) means we are all entirely focussed on our club.

The fact it still feels like a parochial club to me, it's not a global brand like Manchester United, it's still a local club. (Similar to the scousers in that regard)

The football the fans expect to see is that of exciting forward play, Danny can say we're not famed for it, but he's just flat out wrong. We are renowned as playing entertaining football, even before the Sky cameras cast their gaze on St James'. Look at our famous old players, not the centre halves or the 'keepers, more than anything it's our Forwards and Strikers; Macdonald, Cole, Beardsley, Robson, Gallagher, Milburn and of course Shearer. We can all name favourite defenders, but it's the forward we elevate to God-like status.

It's the air of unpredictability around the club, you truly have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

Our fans, (and fuck off Danny before you start) on the whole I've found them knowledgeable and to have considered opinions about the club (again I think this is because we gorge ourselves on every morsel of information about the club daily), I've found them to be warm and as happy singing the club's praises as bemoaning it's failings. A trait I've not found amongst the Scousers.

The city on match day is a sight to behold, which ever way you walk to the ground you stride beside men, women kids and OAPs all wearing the colours in some way shape or form. Whether it's the shirt, a scarf, a hat or just a program clutched in their fist.

The stadium itself has pieces of the new wedged against parts of the old, much like the rest of the city it's a unlikely marriage of modernity and a great legacy.

Danny might call us a nothing club and point to his clubs flirtations with success, the double, great players like Hoddle and the like... but he knows that we're a special club. that's why he posts on this board, that's why media outlets pour time and effort into following the next big thing going on ooop norf. We matter and that's why he hates us, that's why he loves us.

Like Russel Brand. Without the women. And not as skinny. Or funny. And with worse hair. :D

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

you wanted an honest reply, you got one :unsure:

now go away?

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

you wanted an honest reply, you got one :unsure:

now go away?

I was only joking you queen. Very good post.

Quality post Fish :D

So it is true, you have all bought into the hype.

Newcastle is the home of football? Jeez.

I always thought we as clubs had a lot in common but lately I really think I am wrong. You really do believe it don't you?

More sentimentality than the Liverpool, More arrogance than the Mancs and More delusion than the spammers.

Not an ounce of modesty in the lot of you.

Orrible.

I always thought we as clubs had a lot in common but lately I really think I am wrong. You really do believe it don't you?

More sentimentality than the Liverpool, More arrogance than the Mancs and More delusion than the spammers.

Orrible.

:D

Orrible.

Speaking as an outsider, (living in a city which has been home to the European Champions twice in the past 10 years) Newcastle pisses all over Manchester for footballing fervour; it just doesn't stand comparison. London on the other hand doesn't even beg the question in the first place.

The team is absolute shit and the club is a joke but it is the city where football means more t people than anywhere else in the UK. I think most people would privately agree with that too (with the exception of the Scousers)

Orrible.

Fucking what? When? :D

We have always been and always will be a bigger club and a bunch of more passionate football supporters than Spurs.

Fact.

On what basis? The only thing I can think of is that you have a bigger stadium and even that you won't have for much longer.

How long have you had your 50K stadium now? We still have a higher average attendance you.

http://nufc.com/2008-09html/attendance-all-time.html

We are bigger in just about every criteria. The passionate fans thing is just a sky fabrication that you lot are clinging on to.

To be fair though, we are modest. We know we're not title challengers or even european challengers at the minute. I think you mistake our hope and will to become title challengers once more, with a belief that we have some divine right to it.

You ask your average Geordie and they'll merrily tell you exactly what is wrong with their club, self-deprecation is not rare amongst us. When chatting to other fans, if they talk with humility we'll reciprocate, however, when the Scousers claim Liverpool are the greatest side ever nd their fans are the greatest fans ever and their passion is the greatest passion ever and they're victimised above all others.. of course we'll hand them a new one.

at no point has anyone on here said we've a God given right to play Premiership football, we all think the position we're in is a shock, as would all fans everywhere, but the way our club is run doesn't change the club itself. You take the piss out of our chairman, we do it louder. You deride our defenders, we do it with more than just paper nonsense to go off. You point and laugh at the toothless mouth breathing orcs they interview on Sky Sports News, we do it with more venom and contempt.

You think our club is small time, yet you return day in day out, the papers cover our every stumble, the pundits show surprise at our demise... in short we matter and that makes you angry.

Your existence on this board proves we're an important in the eyes of other fans, you don't post on a Norwich board do you? Or a Leeds board... I'd wager you don't post on a sunderland or middlesbrough board.. yet here you are.. day in, day out.

it's OK Danny.

We have always been and always will be a bigger club and a bunch of more passionate football supporters than Spurs.

Fact.

On what basis? The only thing I can think of is that you have a bigger stadium and even that you won't have for much longer.

How long have you had your 50K stadium now? We still have a higher average attendance you.

We are bigger in just about every criteria. The passionate fans thing is just a sky fabrication that you lot are clinging on to.

crying-baby.jpg

Fact.

Levy's Propaganda 1 -0 Danny B's Impoverished mind

The passionate fans thing is just a sky fabrication that you lot are clinging on to.

''The North east supporters, widely regarded as the best in the country''

Jim Rosenthal, 1984.

itv_jim_rosenthal.jpg