Newcastle United 0-0 Portsmouth FC

snakehips

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
I know we've been shat on, but how many of you are sticking with the club next season?

Its not really a choice, is it?

It's not for me, but I think there's a lot of people have taken too many body blows to stomach anymore. The absolute feeling of despair, and almost depression walking down them steps last night, it's no good for your life is it?

I know we've been shat on, but how many of you are sticking with the club next season?

No, I've already paid for a start. :unsure:

Not bothered though, I've only been going for the craic for about 4 seasons now. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to going other than a brief spell under KK.

I'll be going to more away games but I've had enough of home ones - I've only been to 5 this year so it isn't exactly a huge miss.

Tbh I think, even last night and despite what I've just said, it was still the midfield that was the main problem.

We are sorely missing some creativity or at least some decent pass threading from midfield, all too often there are these these chipped balls coming through from whoever and they are totally pointless.

When the ball came to Owen I never even considered he wouldn't just chip it over the prostrate James.

Martins just whacks everything 1 in about 6/7 is on target.

It's not for me, but I think there's a lot of people have taken too many body blows to stomach anymore. The absolute feeling of despair, and almost depression walking down them steps last night, it's no good for your life is it?

I think it will provide some sort of boost in interest for me, once the agony is out of the way and the new season starts. Many teams and towns and stadiums all previously unseen.

The point that someone made last week that each team will treat playing us like a cup final....awesome 46 cup finals next year!

/disables positivity chip

Don't know why Owen didn't try to lift it over James either. I haven't seen any re-runs but I seem to remember James being on the deck already. Lack of confidence I suppose :unsure:

Viduka had a good chance aswell. The one where Guthrie tried to shoot and Viduka couldnt control/ tap it in.

3 years ago Viduka wouldn't have put away the second chance.

He wouldnt have or would have ? When i watched that i was thinking if only he had had agility training all week he might of got there.

Tbf i though he would be the first to give up out of the 3 strikers but credits to him he did try and stick it out.

Viduka had a good chance aswell. The one where Guthrie tried to shoot and Viduka couldnt control/ tap it in.

He wouldnt have or would have ? When i watched that i was thinking if only he had had agility training all week he might of got there.

Tbf i though he would be the first to give up out of the 3 strikers but credits to him he did try and stick it out.

He'd have gotten injured though :unsure:

Corrextion he would have.

I'd have to agree with a lot of the stuff said so far. One of my biggest frustrations was Oba. It seemed every time we made a move and broke, when the ball reached him he'd turn around back to goal or try and run past 4 players across the pitch rather than play the ball forward. Especially as the likes of Duff had run forward expecting the flick on. No awareness from him at all.

Losing Enrique was a big blow for us too. For all some of his passing was astray - he and Duff were causing problems down the left. He'd just come back and was obviously rusty, but there was plenty of effort there and I thought at some point one of them would come off. Pushing Duff to LB back meant we lost a lot of our impetus.

We had a number of chances and taking a positive note - we created more chances in that game than we have in the last 6+ games imo. That in itself is an achievement. I honestly thought whilst watching the game, "at least we are creating, one of them will go in eventually". Might be a case of too little, too late now though :unsure:

I still refuse to believe we are down, but jesus it's not looking good.....

I'd have to agree with a lot of the stuff said so far. One of my biggest frustrations was Oba. It seemed every time we made a move and broke, when the ball reached him he'd turn around back to goal or try and run past 4 players across the pitch rather than play the ball forward. Especially as the likes of Duff had run forward expecting the flick on. No awareness from him at all.

Losing Enrique was a big blow for us too. For all some of his passing was astray - he and Duff were causing problems down the left. He'd just come back and was obviously rusty, but there was plenty of effort there and I thought at some point one of them would come off. Pushing Duff to LB back meant we lost a lot of our impetus.

We had a number of chances and taking a positive note - we created more chances in that game than we have in the last 6+ games imo. That in itself is an achievement. I honestly thought whilst watching the game, "at least we are creating, one of them will go in eventually". Might be a case of too little, too late now though :unsure:

I still refuse to believe we are down, but jesus it's not looking good.....

We had 70% possesion in the first 25 min, we lost our chance to win it by not scoring during this period imo.

The truth is that "the situation" we are in, is making alot of players look a lot worse than they are. You could sprinkle three good players into that team and it would look and play much better. (This ofcourse harks back to what KK and everyone with any sense knew in the summer).

My point is that its easy to turn on some of our players who would have performed much better under different circumstances.

Dont know if that makes sense but hey ho.

I'm more of the view that it's hard to single any players out this season. That's how bad they've been.

The truth is that "the situation" we are in, is making alot of players look a lot worse than they are. You could sprinkle three good players into that team and it would look and play much better. (This ofcourse harks back to what KK and everyone with any sense knew in the summer).

My point is that its easy to turn on some of our players who would have performed much better under different circumstances.

A couple more of the right players in the squad combined with the right manager (all fucking season) and a season where the players morale wasn't constantly undermined (and maybe a bit of uncharacteristic good luck re: injuries) and we'd be doing ok and maybe quite well.

I'm more of the view that it's hard to single any players out this season. That's how bad they've been.

Bassong is my player of the season. :unsure:

Bassong is my player of the season. :unsure:

He's mine too. You take my point though. I said in the bar after the game that for all the stick he's got Butt isn't far off player of the season. Obviously you'd have Bassong ahead of him but there aren't many others ahead of Butt. And Butt's been poor to say the least.