The missed signing.

Park Life

There was nothing about Modric nearly signing for Newcastle

Rubbish. KK had him in the bag but couldn't get MA to go the extra mile on wages.

Nothing to do with wages, we offered the same as you did.

He made a choice after training with both.

Good tbh. We have enough overpaid mercenaries in our squad. If you think he would have scrapped hard last night in the pissy wet on a cold night in the north east you want your head examining. Challenging for Europe hes a good player. Fighting relegation ive no doubt hed have about as much heart as Owen

Good tbh. We have enough overpaid mercenaries in our squad. If you think he would have scrapped hard last night in the pissy wet on a cold night in the north east you want your head examining. Challenging for Europe hes a good player. Fighting relegation ive no doubt hed have about as much heart as Owen

I don't know how you can say that with such certainty when he's played a big role in getting Spurs out of a relegation fight - which they were in without a doubt. Also, you say people should lay off Jonas yet you have a go at Modric for not settling straight away (or words to that effect). Admittedly Spurs' footballing style and team are superior to ours, which obviously helps.

I don't know how you can say that with such certainty when he's played a big role in getting Spurs out of a relegation fight - which they were in without a doubt. Also, you say people should lay off Jonas yet you have a go at Modric for not settling straight away (or words to that effect). Admittedly Spurs' footballing style and team are superior to ours, which obviously helps.

It was more for Dannys effect tbh

I didn't see anything in the press that Modric trained with Spurs and Newcastle before making an informed choice...

Keegan stated his desire to sign him but alot of clubs were linked as he is such a great talent.

Spurs got him thats all that matters

It was more for Dannys effect tbh

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant eh?

I didn't see anything in the press that Modric trained with Spurs and Newcastle before making an informed choice...

Keegan stated his desire to sign him but alot of clubs were linked as he is such a great talent.

Blind.

If it wasn't in the papers it couldn't have happened then. I'm ITK btw :unsure:

Actually Allardyce supposedly wanted Elano as well. And as much as I think she's rubbish, Louise Taylor would appear to have a point about Allardyce not really wanting (or rating) Cacapa or Rozenhal but having to make do with the funds (or lack of funds). That said, I think it was fairly clear Shepherd wasn't going to give Allardyce a load of money to spend either.