Photos from the North East

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn’t this “Photos from the North East”, as opposed to “Photos from North Yorkshire” ? 

There was once a particularly stroppy bus driver round ours and years later I discovered wor lasses father* had been regularly 'climbing aboard' said stroppy driver's wife.   *He was divorce

This is the remains of the actual High Bridge, underneath Grey St.    The bridge is the large, triangular arch at the top, the smaller, circular arch is part of the sewer/culvert.   

Posted Images

What camera you using for them Dr K Y?

Took them with my TZ5.

Not sure if it will give you enough manual control if you're into your close-ups. It has a macro setting and you can mess around with some of the settings to a limited degree. The Lumix LX3 might be more up your alley but it has nowhere near the zoom.

I'll have to invest in some too.

Loved this bit of grafitti round the corner from mine too....

200907011747.jpg

A good old fashioned cock and single drop, right over some kids goalposts.

If that looks like your cock you want to get to the doctors mate. :lol:

You reckon it's a soggy bone? ;)

• 2 months later...

I have to chip in with this place :) Minus pennywell and Hendon of course, but it isn't half as bad as some make out. Of course Sunderland isn't on the same level as Newcastle yet sadly, but over the years it has seen some good regeneration which is starting to boost it's appearence. Sometimes I feel people jump the word "shithole" a far bit too much on places, without really looking at the other side of the argument.

The Northeast is a cracking region, and I'd rather tyneside and wearside worked together for the good of that, than rival each other.

sunniside.jpg

Mowbray.jpg

Sunniside.jpg

ThePlace.jpg

penshaw2.jpg

1.jpg

10214384.jpg

Herrington-Park.jpg

I have to chip in with this place :) Minus pennywell and Hendon of course, but it isn't half as bad as some make out. Of course Sunderland isn't on the same level as Newcastle yet sadly, but over the years it has seen some good regeneration which is starting to boost it's appearence. Sometimes I feel people jump the word "shithole" a far bit too much on places, without really looking at the other side of the argument.

The Northeast is a cracking region, and I'd rather tyneside and wearside worked together for the good of that, than rival each other.

sunniside.jpg

WTF Is this for training Border Collies or Pagan sacrifices

Mowbray.jpg

A park.

Sunniside.jpg

????

ThePlace.jpg

An artists impression for fucks sake :razz:

penshaw2.jpg

A half finished monument (sums up the mackem workforce) :D

1.jpg

A tower block which remains unsold because.... Its not quite The Quayside.

10214384.jpg

The Premiership Trap Door and up shit creek award to mark Sunderlands great contribution to the premiership over the last 10 years

Herrington-Park.jpg

Flooded Fields

Come on man, it is a shit hole and no ammount of artists impressions is going to change that.

I have to chip in with this place :razz: Minus pennywell and Hendon of course, but it isn't half as bad as some make out. Of course Sunderland isn't on the same level as Newcastle yet sadly, but over the years it has seen some good regeneration which is starting to boost it's appearence. Sometimes I feel people jump the word "shithole" a far bit too much on places, without really looking at the other side of the argument.

sunniside.jpg

Shithole

Mowbray.jpg

Shithole

Sunniside.jpg

Shithole

ThePlace.jpg

Shithole

penshaw2.jpg

Shithole

1.jpg

Shithole