Photos from the North East

Jaw D apparently there's a point in the Simonside Hills near Rothbury where you can see the entire coastline from Whitley to Berwick, is this true? How do you get to it?

Doesnt ring a bell like. Can't recall seeing any of the coast on the walks Ive done. Not to say you can't like but it was take some vantage point and a clear day to see the coast from there.

Is it not Simonside Crag?

Well thats the highest point around there, Tosson hill i think it is. I just cant recall any coastal view.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn’t this “Photos from the North East”, as opposed to “Photos from North Yorkshire” ? 

There was once a particularly stroppy bus driver round ours and years later I discovered wor lasses father* had been regularly 'climbing aboard' said stroppy driver's wife.   *He was divorce

This is the remains of the actual High Bridge, underneath Grey St.    The bridge is the large, triangular arch at the top, the smaller, circular arch is part of the sewer/culvert.   

Posted Images

Looked it up and yes it is the place. Easy to access too Stevie if you're interested. I haven't been up there for fucking years. Clicky here for how to get there.

Loads of good walks around there like. Also get a few ralley's going on as well. We usually walk over simonside and/or thrunton if around Rothbury or head through and up to the Cheviots (Windy Gyle) as we've done more recently.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think someone posted them when they went up.

Wonder where number 9 is from, should be identifiable with a church behind a rugby club. Thought it might be Percy park RFC with Christ Church behind, but think the proximity of them is too close.

Possibly Cullercoats? If it is my mate lives right next to there.

Think someone posted them when they went up.

Wonder where number 9 is from, should be identifiable with a church behind a rugby club. Thought it might be Percy park RFC with Christ Church behind, but think the proximity of them is too close.

Have to say, that was what I was thinking when I saw that pic.

Possibly Cullercoats? If it is my mate lives right next to there.

If it is I just bought a house behind that church.....they'd have to be playing right on the seafront though, perhaps where that park is now.

EDIT: Talking shite, the bell tower is on the sea side, so it could be Tynemouth Park they're playing on.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just stumbled upon this guy's photos, there are a lot, may stimulate some memories for lercals and exiles alike.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/h...4E097D0D715519A

McCreery-Mirandinha%20and%20Others%20in%

etc etc, hundreds of 'em.

100 toontastic points to whoever names the 4 in the bath?

The lad who sits at the next desk to me says the lad on the far right is Jeff Wrightson. They played together for Wallsend BC.

Great stuff MF, spent loads of time down the fish quay when a nipper, remember some of those boats, especially the bigger trawlers, there were two of them almost identical, green hulls, cream upper-works and red funnels and lots of rust, I all but saw that particular photo in colour when it came up, mental old git !!!

Oh Aye, Brimms cranes were red

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What the fuck were they for? 

I remember seeing them about, but never figured out their purpose. 

Were they cabins for replacement drivers to sit in and build up their stroppiness? 

:dunno: 

Sounds as plausible as owt else? :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman