Aberdeen

Guest Stevie

Predictably I fucking love Aberdeen.

Have fun with the accent. :good:

I know the accent, it can make a 17 year old sound about 80. It's only for one night like. We've got a big slot through the day where we're doing nothing, are there any large golf courses knocking about?

There's a golf course on the south side of the harbour entrance. Don't know what it's called, but there's a pub called The 19th Hole (surprisingly enough) near it. Well, there used to be, as I aint been there for a while.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictably I fucking love Aberdeen.

Have fun with the accent. :lol:

I know the accent, it can make a 17 year old sound about 80. It's only for one night like. We've got a big slot through the day where we're doing nothing, are there any large golf courses knocking about?

there's nowt else once you get outside town.................

• 1 month later...
Guest Stevie

Fuckin hell what a shithole. Well it isn't even that, it's just grey, everything is grey, grey hooses, grey buildings, grey skies, grey cars, grey faces, everything is grey. More importantly though, the people, the accent is disgusting and the people so insular, the meetings we had dear me, one bloke said he wouldn't have any blacks working for him, and another said he wouldn't want anyone from Glasgow working for them because earlier in his career a bloke from Glasgow threatened to knee cap him for paying him off, aye like that represents a whole city. The cunt was sat in his Pringle jumper, fuckin pringle for work, and hes a director. We were in Paisley and Glasgow the day before, Paisley's a shithole, but the people were absolutely brilliant as opposed to Aberdeen, full of boring, retentive, arms folded, miserable cunts. I wouldn't go back there for anything other than business or football. Sneaked on to the pitch at Pittoddrie between meetings, did the same at Ibrox the day before. I was playing shadow football, it's an awesome feeling being out there like on the pitch. Another thing about Aberdeen, or to be fair Peterhead where we stayed the night, 12 midnight and it's still fuckin light, I woke up at 2am for a piss and it was startin to get light again! What a set of insular cunts though.

image096l.jpg

image100.jpg

Edited by Stevie

Fuckin hell what a shithole. Well it isn't even that, it's just grey, everything is grey, grey hooses, grey buildings, grey skies, grey cars, grey faces, everything is grey. More importantly though, the people, the accent is disgusting and the people so insular, the meetings we had dear me, one bloke said he wouldn't have any blacks working for him, and another said he wouldn't want anyone from Glasgow working for them because earlier in his career a bloke from Glasgow threatened to knee cap him for paying him off, aye like that represents a whole city. The cunt was sat in his Pringle jumper, fuckin pringle for work, and hes a director. We were in Paisley and Glasgow the day before, Paisley's a shithole, but the people were absolutely brilliant as opposed to Aberdeen, full of boring, retentive, arms folded, miserable cunts. I wouldn't go back there for anything other than business or football. Sneaked on to the pitch at Pittoddrie between meetings, did the same at Ibrox the day before. I was playing shadow football, it's an awesome feeling being out there like on the pitch. Another thing about Aberdeen, or to be fair Peterhead where we stayed the night, 12 midnight and it's still fuckin light, I woke up at 2am for a piss and it was startin to get light again! What a set of insular cunts though.

image096l.jpg

image100.jpg

Aberdeen. The Granite City. Not my favourite place, but it has had its moments. :lol:

As for Peterheed (known as 'blutoon' for some reason) . Jeezus, of all the places to stay! Peterheed, twinned with sunlun and Kabul.

"Fuckin hell what a shithole. Well it isn't even that, it's just grey, everything is grey, "

you were warned.......

i always thought it was aaall built out of brieze blocks but then realised it was grey granite

was up there a couple of weeks back - so cold at 10:00 pm you could see your own breath and then the next day fine, driving, cold rain.........................

I take it that you didn't pull then? :lol:

Guest Stevie

I take it that you didn't pull then? :lol:

Where in Peterhead, the most attractive things up there are the sheep with lip stick mate, Aberdeen was all through the day, then home.

I take it that you didn't pull then? :o

Where in Peterhead, the most attractive things up there are the sheep with lip stick mate, Aberdeen was all through the day, then home.

Did you end up going out in Peterhead? Went out there once after the football. Youngest person I saw out was about 40. Some nice pubs in and around the place though.

Instead of going further North than Aberdeen should have headed slightly South to find a place to stay. Much nicer, better golf courses and less of an accent.

Guest Stevie

Did you end up going out in Peterhead? Went out there once after the football. Youngest person I saw out was about 40. Some nice pubs in and around the place though.

Instead of going further North than Aberdeen should have headed slightly South to find a place to stay. Much nicer, better golf courses and less of an accent.

We had a few in Peterhead but stayed in Boddam which is about 2 or 3 mile awa. I couldn't ever begin to tell you how horrible they talk there, "orm fae Orbordeen" it's unbelievably bad, I could listen to someone with an accent like Ketsbaia or J69 well before that, they might as well speak gaelic, Totally backward places. I don't even think Cumbria is more backward than them places. Montrose looked a nice place like passed through on the train what with the water in land and out at sea. The best thing about up there was the trip home on the train, fantastic really, loads of coastal views, not least across the Firth of the Forth to Edinburgh, and that famous railway bridge, but honestly for pace of life Newcastle is like New York compared to the North East of Scotland. Aberdeen hasn't even got a fuckin motorway or a proper ring road, a city bigger than Sunderland??!

We had a few in Peterhead but stayed in Boddam which is about 2 or 3 mile awa. I couldn't ever begin to tell you how horrible they talk there, "orm fae Orbordeen" it's unbelievably bad, I could listen to someone with an accent like Ketsbaia or J69 well before that, they might as well speak gaelic, Totally backward places. I don't even think Cumbria is more backward than them places. Montrose looked a nice place like passed through on the train what with the water in land and out at sea. The best thing about up there was the trip home on the train, fantastic really, loads of coastal views, not least across the Firth of the Forth to Edinburgh, and that famous railway bridge, but honestly for pace of life Newcastle is like New York compared to the North East of Scotland. Aberdeen hasn't even got a fuckin motorway or a proper ring road, a city bigger than Sunderland??!

Yeah Montrose is just a quiet little town, nice beach, course and stuff like that. Aberdeen isn't the most happening place going at all, this is mostly being the result of the boom of the early 90's that saw the city becoming a focal point for the oil industry again meaning that it's all fat cats that are stuck there so very little in the way of fun happening there. I'm currently splitting my time living in Montrose and Edinburgh so I get to see the Forth rail bridge every time am flitting around. The train journey is something that seems to captivate a lot of English people as I've had a few of my mates from uni travelling to and from Montrose from Edinburgh and they are surprised by just how beautiful some of the countryside is up here. I fully agree about the pace of life point and it pisses me off aswell, but from time to time it is nice as a relaxant.

P.s. Foo d'ya do manny, ehm fae eberdeen!! :razz:;)

Montrose and Dundee are a lot quieter than Aberdeen - since the 70's the oil money in Aberdeen and the large number of youngish workers has meant it HAS a social scene - its just not a very nice one............................. any other Scots town of similar size has seen massive moevment of the young to Glasgow, Edinbro' and ENgland

I've never been to Aberdeen, but I heard it was a grey coloured shit-hole years ago from two blokes from there. They couldn't wait to get away, and never wanted to go back, and they were serious drug addicts/boozers. Didn't say much for the place to be honest. Doesn't sound like it's improved much.

Dreadful dump - Friday is FIGHT night...............

should book soon if you're going to stay - hotel rooms are scarce in Aberdeen - the hotels at the Airport are uniformly dreadful - full of people outbound or inbound to the rigs

The Holiday Inn EXPRESS in the town centre is very central and good if you just want to crash after eating

best restaurants from my list - and take it from me I have SUFFERED to put this together:-

The Silver Darling - swish place on the harbour - fabulous setting, food is good but prices are Oil Company Expenses variety

Howies, 50 Chapel Street, Aberdeen - good, modern, very central

The Olive Tree Restaurant & the Black Olive Bistro , Queen's Road, Aberdeen www.olive-tree.co.uk Telephone 01224 208877 - quite smart & reasonably central

Royal Thai, Crown Terrace, Aberdeen Telephone 01224 212922 - central and a really good Thai - not cheap

Nargile, Skene Street, Aberdeen - Torkish - central, good, good atmosphere

Rustico, Union Row, Aberdeen - Italian - good atmosphere but food is reasonable only - very central

There is a "fry" on every other corner if you feel the need for CHIPS

Not a proper chippy anywhere central mind

Jewel in The Crown, fantastic curry house on Crown Street, but is always rammed so you'll be lucky to get in if you just turn up

Shabaz on Rose Street is canny an all, Nazma down towards the harbour is supposed to be really good as well but not been myself.

Royal Thai is good as mentioned

The Globe on North Silver Street is a canny bar

I like The Grill on Union Street which looks awfull from the outside but is canny if you like whisky - world whisky bar of the year 2009, you name it they've got it, from normal price up to £200 a shot :o Worth a trip in just to read their bar menu (a big file)

As a general rule, the closer to the harbour you get the rougher the bars and there's always the pole dancing places - horrific !!!!

maggots aren't necessarily bad - some hospitals use them to clean up ragged wounds as they are ace at eating little bits of dead flesh

but ACH sounds like straight incompetence

• 2 years later...
I might be moving to Aberdeen so whatever you've got fire my way!

As I said to you in the pub last night go for the money, but don't fuckin make it permanent you'll know what I mean as well when you get there. The people are nearly ALLLL fuckin miserable, you can't even describe it in writing you will agree with me when you see it. It's their demeanour, but fuck me there's not much work here, I'd take it save up 10 grand and come home. It's only about £15 to watch Orbordeen too, apparently it's well lively when they play Rangers they hate each other.

I might be moving to Aberdeen so whatever you've got fire my way!

As I said to you in the pub last night go for the money, but don't fuckin make it permanent you'll know what I mean as well when you get there. The people are nearly ALLLL fuckin miserable, you can't even describe it in writing you will agree with me when you see it. It's their demeanour, but fuck me there's not much work here, I'd take it save up 10 grand and come home. It's only about £15 to watch Orbordeen too, apparently it's well lively when they play Rangers they hate each other.

It is, and they do really hate each other.

What are you going up there to do? It's basically split between people who work in oil and gas, students and people who have lived there all there life and will never move.

Belmont Street's the best area to go out, it has a pub every few doors down, and generally is the go to place for young professionals and students. The best gig venues are probably Moshulu (near most of the strips bars, make sure you don't go too early) and The Tunnels, sometimes you'll get some decent bands playing at the AECC as well, but that's a bit out of town. There's a few decent bars dotted around the place -- The Prince of Wales (good selection of ales) and the Brewdog Bar (a local microbrewery with some great beers) are two of the best. Not much to do apart from drink there -- a few decent sized cinemas and an independent one on Belmont Street, there's the football at Pittodrie (although going to watch Aberdeen - Kilmarnock in January might not be the best game you've ever seen), lots of golf around the area if you're into that. There's a late night bakery on George Street that might come in handy.

If you have any specific questions let me now, it's been a few years since I lived there (I went to uni in 2003 and worked for a while before leaving in 2008) but I doubt too much has changed and I still have a load of friends up there to check things with.

What are you going up there to do? It's basically split between people who work in oil and gas, students and people who have lived there all there life and will never move.

Belmont Street's the best area to go out, it has a pub every few doors down, and generally is the go to place for young professionals and students. The best gig venues are probably Moshulu (near most of the strips bars, make sure you don't go too early) and The Tunnels, sometimes you'll get some decent bands playing at the AECC as well, but that's a bit out of town. There's a few decent bars dotted around the place -- The Prince of Wales (good selection of ales) and the Brewdog Bar (a local microbrewery with some great beers) are two of the best. Not much to do apart from drink there -- a few decent sized cinemas and an independent one on Belmont Street, there's the football at Pittodrie (although going to watch Aberdeen - Kilmarnock in January might not be the best game you've ever seen), lots of golf around the area if you're into that. There's a late night bakery on George Street that might come in handy.

If you have any specific questions let me now, it's been a few years since I lived there (I went to uni in 2003 and worked for a while before leaving in 2008) but I doubt too much has changed and I still have a load of friends up there to check things with.

Why you would leave all of that for Sydney is beyond me :nufc: