Remember one thing

Guest Stevie

Well said, whatever happens its not the first relegation/near relegation I've experienced, although purely on an age thing there's going to be a lot of people who haven't been through this.

You're quite right, if the worst happens, I will be gutted and upset but I'll pick myself up in the following days and get on with it. The vast majority of non-NUFC fans will delight in seeing us go down, so lets f*cking unite, stick together and show some dignity.

Sometimes it feels like everything is against us - players that simply don't care or aren't good enough, bad/wrong managers (I'm talking generally, and certainly don't include Shearer) and have and have had a bunch of greedy, odious, egotistical halfwits running this club stretching way back from the Seymours, Westwoods and McKeags right up to Ashley and his cohorts, not to mention journalists and clueless fans of other teams who look in from the outside and spout their deluded views despite knowing or understanding nothing about us, the club or the city and then have the cheek to call us deluded (when was the last time you met an NUFC fan who thought we were going to win the league? - something they often claim we think. You all know what people's reaction would be if someone at the match said "I think we'll win the league this year") or impatient! God almighty, when you think about the shite we've had to endure since the last time we won a major trophy - 40 years ago this very month, and yet the club still has the massive undying support and love that it has, that's impatience for you.

You know why? Because this club is like family to us, it might fail, it might do stupid things and piss us off, and make us infuriatingly mad at it, but it's family and our love is unconditional, and we would do anything for it.

Its seige mentality, all of the above I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, whatever happens lets not give them the satisfaction of playing into their hands by crying in public or arguing or walking away, booing etc. Keep that until later till you're by yourselves or in your small groups of friends and fellow supporters. Questions need to be asked of where the club goes from here - regardless of results today, there may come a time where we have to be angry with those running the club - but if that's the case, again it's not the right time. That can keep until the immediate impact of it all has settled.

Wherever you're watching/listening, I wish us all good luck, remember the rest of the world maybe against us, but the city of Newcastle upon Tyne and the surrounding areas stand with us, and as long as that's the case that is all that matters.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Well said, whatever happens its not the first relegation/near relegation I've experienced, although purely on an age thing there's going to be a lot of people who haven't been through this.

You're quite right, if the worst happens, I will be gutted and upset but I'll pick myself up in the following days and get on with it. The vast majority of non-NUFC fans will delight in seeing us go down, so lets f*cking unite, stick together and show some dignity.

Sometimes it feels like everything is against us - players that simply don't care or aren't good enough, bad/wrong managers (I'm talking generally, and certainly don't include Shearer) and have and have had a bunch of greedy, odious, egotistical halfwits running this club stretching way back from the Seymours, Westwoods and McKeags right up to Ashley and his cohorts, not to mention journalists and clueless fans of other teams who look in from the outside and spout their deluded views despite knowing or understanding nothing about us, the club or the city and then have the cheek to call us deluded (when was the last time you met an NUFC fan who thought we were going to win the league? - something they often claim we think. You all know what people's reaction would be if someone at the match said "I think we'll win the league this year") or impatient! God almighty, when you think about the shite we've had to endure since the last time we won a major trophy - 40 years ago this very month, and yet the club still has the massive undying support and love that it has, that's impatience for you.

You know why? Because this club is like family to us, it might fail, it might do stupid things and piss us off, and make us infuriatingly mad at it, but it's family and our love is unconditional, and we would do anything for it.

Its seige mentality, all of the above I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, whatever happens lets not give them the satisfaction of playing into their hands by crying in public or arguing or walking away, booing etc. Keep that until later till you're buy yourselves or in your small groups of friends and fellow supporters. Questions need to be asked of where the club goes from here - regardless of results today, there may come a time where we have to be angry with those running the club - but if that's the case, again it's not the right time. That can keep until the immediate impact of it all has settled.

Wherever you're watching/listening, I wish us all good luck, remember the rest of the world maybe against us, but the city of Newcastle upon Tyne and the surrounding areas stand with us, and as long as that's the case that is all that matters.

:lol:

Good sentiment

Terrible music!!!

Well said Stevie.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, I wish we could have you in the dressing room for the pre-match teamtalk - and then back in there afterwards with a billiard ball in a sock.

" Risk more than others think is safe,

Care more than others think is wise,

Dream more than others think is practical,

Expect more than others think is possible "

Cadet Maxim.

Thought that summed us up really :lol:

Well said Stevie.

Not sure about that song though. :lol:

I drive past Elland Road on my way to work every day. Usually, wherever I am in the world, physically seeing a famous sporting venue is always a bit special. But I don't think that dirty skip has ever inspired such thoughts for me. A shitty old ground for a team, despite their achievements over the years, are languishing in the lower divisions, and playing second fiddle to the Rhinos rugby league team for the affections of the citizens of Leeds.

Every time I come to Newcastle, I am struck by the powerful sight of St James Park sitting proudly in the heart of the city. On my most recent visit (Portsmouth) it struck me as bizarre that this ground may soon be hosting second tier football games. It is not a championship ground and we are not a championship club. We will be back.

Edited by luckyluke

• 2 years later...
if we go down, we go down together, we'll come back, and we'll be just as envied the next time as well.

It's not over though, we'll be back, people pass through the club, managers, players, directors, we'll be there, we'll be back, I'd rather be Newcastle United in the Conference than any soulless succesful organisation where you're expected to politely applaud goals and chat cordially with opposition fans.

Probably the truest words I've written on here.

Well, that and "He's a wrong'un" about Paul Wyn

Remember when Danny B came back on here as Danny_CL. I think we should have a trip to glory-glory if we do it.

Remember when Danny B came back on here as Danny_CL. I think we should have a trip to glory-glory if we do it.

Definitely going to enjoy popping on to RAWK, Glory Glory, RTG when the season is done to ask my questions...