Phoenix from the flames

N17

The last time Newcastle got relegated they came back with avengence and over the next few seasons challenged for the title.

Edited by N17

The last time Newcastle got relegated they came back with avengence and over the next few seasons challenged for the title.

It can only happen with a change in ownership. Which might happen once MA realises the shit he's in now.

It can only happen with a change in ownership. Which might happen once MA realises the shit he's in now.

If he bought the club to have fun/make money he's going to do neither now. I reckon he'll fuck off asap

If he bought the club to have fun/make money he's going to do neither now. I reckon he'll fuck off asap

Can but hope, I just don't think we're lucky enough.

Can but hope, I just don't think we're lucky enough.

Put yourself in his shoes, he knows he's fucked, trust me

There is a big difference between then an now

It will be a hell of a long time before a newly promoted team finishes 3rd again

ditto

:lol: Eh?

Seriously lads, stop the moping about next season. You're doing my fucking head in. Next season is a new start. We might fuck it up, but we might just not. We might win the first 10 games of the season and be on a charge straight back to the Premiership.

Be angry about today and about the gutless arseholes that were on that pitch this afternoon. But don't write us off as the next Leeds or whatever.

It will be a hell of a long time before a newly promoted team finishes 3rd again

ditto

Seriously lads, stop the moping about next season. You're doing my fucking head in. Next season is a new start. We might fuck it up, but we might just not. We might win the first 10 games of the season and be on a charge straight back to the Premiership.

Be angry about today and about the gutless arseholes that were on that pitch this afternoon. But don't write us off as the next Leeds or whatever.

It's just over an hour since it all happened so you can't blame us for going on atm. give it a few days an yeah your right

Some will win, some will lose

Some were born to sing the blues

Oh the movie never ends

It goes on and on and on and on

JOURNEY!!!

To actually put something in here that's not merely an in-joke, the following are two photos of the same guy 12 months apart:

leicester101pa_1002202c.jpg

3690472797-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-southend-united-v-leicester-city.jpg

Edited by ImpossiblyDaft

ditto

We don't have to worry about being the next Leeds we have to worry about being the next Newcastle.

Whilst we may soar like a Phoenix from the flames, it's just as possible we may continue to burn in the inferno of incompetence.

Either way repeating the success of the Keegan era is highly unlikely these days. B)

Edited by Fop

That wasn't gonna happen anyway though. It's not like today has put paid to us finishing top 4 anytime soon.

Nope, but with a couple of different decisions and a piffling bit of investment (compared to what relegation is going to cost) we could have quite realistically finished 8th-ish this season.

But instead we've (or they have) unerringly picked the path to this...... losing most of our current squad and rebuilding in the Championship is going to take serious drive, vision and a management structure that generally makes the right decisions. That's broadly what we had last time, it really isn't at the moment (even if Shearer stays, never mind if he's off).

Hopefully next season won't be like that, but they had at least 3 chances to learn those lesson this season, and they failed each and every time. :lol:

That wasn't gonna happen anyway though. It's not like today has put paid to us finishing top 4 anytime soon.

Nope, but with a couple of different decisions and a piffling bit of investment (compared to what relegation is going to cost) we could have quite realistically finished 8th-ish this season.

But instead we've (or they have) unerringly picked the path to this...... losing most of our current squad and rebuilding in the Championship is going to take serious drive, vision and a management structure that generally makes the right decisions. That's broadly what we had last time, it really isn't at the moment (even if Shearer stays, never mind if he's off).

Hopefully next season won't be like that, but they had at least 3 chances to learn those lesson this season, and they failed each and every time. :lol:

absolute bollocks. the club needs a total restructure..... playing staff are not good enough.... and i think we'll be surprised by our lack of quality in the championship.

absolute bollocks. the club needs a total restructure..... playing staff are not good enough.... and i think we'll be surprised by our lack of quality in the championship.

With the right manager, with a few more (of the right) signings, and without the constant uncertainty and demoralisation we've had this season we could (look at the difference in Spuds).

Keegan all season with some better buys (and a few more key buys) there's no way we'd have been relegated (and would have needed ~17 more points or ~6 more wins for 8th-ish).

The problem is now that our wage bill is utterly astronomical for the Championship (and clubs sniffing for player will know it), so we need to get rid and some how build a functional squad on top (and we still might be up for sale and managerless)..... all in the Championship.