Takeover talk

donaldstott

Anyone else fear that this may have an element of truth in it, that we'll have to go through the whole due dilligence phase preventing Shearer getting the assurances he's demanding with him ending up back on the MOTD sofa?

I know Man City & Chelsea's purchases went through pretty smoothly but c'mon, this is Newcastle United we're talking about.

Chez's comment through Alex worries me too.....

Yes.

Definitely a big worry IMO.

Could it be a possibility that this "consortium" is not looking to buy the club outright but instead looking for a partnership deal? IIRC, that was another option Ashley was putting out there when he was selling the club the first time. That would seem plausible to me as it wouldn't necessarily interfere with the appointment of Shearer as manager... or would it?

Could it be a possibility that this "consortium" is not looking to buy the club outright but instead looking for a partnership deal? IIRC, that was another option Ashley was putting out there when he was selling the club the first time. That would seem plausible to me as it wouldn't necessarily interfere with the appointment of Shearer as manager... or would it?

Would you go into partnership with the fat , lying, useless, fiddle while rome burns twat?

Guest alex

Would you go into partnership with the fat , lying, useless, fiddle while rome burns twat?

Or to put it another way, you'd have to worry about anyone daft / desperate enough to be prepared to do that.

Good guess.

I think you might be right.

As an earlier post suggested, the announcements made in the last few days don't make it sound like he's leaving. But bringing in some extra money may be something he'd be looking for.

I think that the issue of whether he sells the club outright or not comes down to how much Ashley wants to either (a) try and recoup costs and therfore not sell and bank on us returning to top-flight as soon as possible; or (:lol: taking whatever money he can get and cutting his losses.

Edited by dbsweeney

No... I wouldn't. But if Ashley is willing to get whatever he can for it, he may sell off a portion (and possibly a majority) of the club if he can't find anyone to buy the whole thing. This may lead to a complete buyout further down the line.

Edited by AmericanMag

Aye, I have this horrible feeling it's all a smoke screen put in place so that when they can get out of making any financial commitment during the closed season then just as the next transfer window closes they'll say that the potential buyer has pulled out. It's just a ploy so Fat Ash doesn't haven't spend up and can send us even further in to oblivion.

Fuck sake, why can't he just fuck off and die? Can't we attract a half decent owner who's willing to do the right things for the club and in good time for the next season?

... cunts, the lot of em. :lol:

No takeover apparently;

"However, Harris today insisted he had ``categorically not'' visited the region to talk to representatives of a locally-based consortium, and it is understood he is still waiting to hear from Ashley as to whether or not his services may be required."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...mp;&cc=5739

Edited by Martin