Llambias to speak to SSN

smoggeordie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't think being a BBC pundit is going to tie him down too much.

There are plenty of ex-professionals who would take the role.

Plus Shearer will be able to see out some of his contract as a pundit for the BBC Championship matches I suppose.

Craig, what's the rush?

Needs sorting so whoever is in charge can get on with the massive amount of work that is needed.

If Shearer is being 'wide of the mark' and there's absolutely no way Ashley can accept his demands then surely it'd be in the best interests of all to cut ties and move on to find whoever it is who will be trying to lead us in the championship.

They've had a week and surely that's enough to iron out the finer points. My fear is that they're poles apart on what's acceptable and Ashley is persevering with trying to find an agreement as he fears the backlash from us.

Or Shearer's lawyers are ensuring that the contract reflects the agreed discussions around what the club needs financially and who will take the decisions (having learnt from the Keegan fiasco) making it a highly complex legal document?

Perhaps, could be a lot of things.

Aye, you could be right... I think pessimism has become the norm when it comes to these fuckers though. Expect fuck all and you won't be disappointed. etc.