FIFA 10

Jimbo

Rate FIFA 10 out of err 10...  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Similar story.

1-1 after 90. Needless to say his goal was a chip over my keeper.

I go 2-1 up after 119 (that's less than a minute before the end of extra time).

He quits.

FIFA 10 is an 8/10 game that I'd have to give a 7 to at best due to some pretty hideous flaws (with that said I only play it for the MP). The obvious ones; the quitters, the chippers, the dodgy refereeing, the assisted passers, the unrealistic stats of certain players, the 5*-only opponents etc. And unfortunately these flaws are as much down to the player as they are the game. FIFA 11 will combat all this to a certain extent, no doubt, but a lot of it is understandably difficult to eradicate.

I message each and every quitter with "why quit?". Not a single one has replied to me with an answer.

That's very tame, Tecato. When someone quits I just send them "cunt." ;)

I had a really annoying run of people pissing about on Pro Club Championship. Played 5 games and in every one was some idiot who went 'any' and just scored own goals or tried to get all the players he could sent off. Must be the summer holidays!

But yeah, Fifa 10 is definitely not without flaws. I can't bitch about assisted passing though, because I do use it. I have tried it manually, but I can never get it as spot on as I want to (although I did find I was creating good chances that I wouldn't have made without it, I just didn't create many).

Playing as a lesser team is half the fun sometimes. I generally will pick my team based on who the other guy picks, so it's even more hilarious when you play some twat who picks Valencia when you pick Morecambe FC. Surprisingly he didn't quit, but I did end up beating him 3-2!

I think assisted passing isn't generally a bad thing but there should be limits to it, you do see some ridiculous assisted passes, maybe they should be only limited to an elite 5 midfielders otherwise they just fuck it up

yesterday I played against Juve and Sissoko was backheeling that bastard ball everywhere, in real life he can barely get the fucking thing out of his feet

Grr, hate this game sometimes! Play against some guy who picks R. Madrid. Beats me 3-1 first game, all three goals from Ronaldo. Agrees to a replay, and beats me 1-0 with another Ronaldo goal (every time he tried to score with another player he couldn't..). Fair enough, we go into the third game and I'm playing as Valencia. I go 2-0 up and he quits on me :/

Also realised how crap I've become at Fifa recently. Would never have a problem defeating the majority of players, but now I just can't seem to get a decent win from anywhere! Think I need to stop trying to score goals that look good, and just trying to score in general...

Is it me or is the 'keeper AI just annoyingly shit? Well, the 'keepers in general are very poorly done in this version of Fifa. I swear they were going to make them harder to beat this time round?

Also, settle this for me. When someone runs towards the net and then does that annoying pass over to their supporting player to score, is it a glitch? I mean in terms of what the 'keeper does. Fair enough if the pass is back to someone on the 6 yard box, they are pretty much leaving the GK redundant, but even when the pass is back to someone who is 20-25 yards out the 'keeper is still wildly out of position and a goal is a relative certainty. Surely in real life a 'keeper would be able to move whilst the pass is in motion (assuming they haven't already gone to ground) and at least be in a relatively central position when the shot comes in?

I totally notice how my Fifa experience now almost always ends with a rant on here. Lets hope Fifa 11 is an improvement..