BNP wins seats

LeazesMag

I've edited now. Feel 'free' to address the rest of my post.

Also, what exactly would you like to say that you aren't being allowed to say? Specific examples would help.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no such thing as absolute freedom for an individual since granting it to one person would immediately have consequences that would have the potential to remove it from someone else. Think about that one 'dimwit'. While you're at it, perhaps you can tell me whether you're advocating total freedom and, since I'm obviously a bit slow on the uptake here, you can define that for me too.

theres no such thing as 'total' or 'absolute' freedom. thats what im trying to get at. I merely find it offensive when people try to defend 'freedom of speech' as in reality they are defending state oppression.

whats the difference between freedom and total freedom?? im confused. shirley they are the same ie. both free.

sorry for calling you dimwit. it should have been moron asking questions like that!! ;)

:icon_lol: (safety wink)

There's no such thing as absolute freedom for an individual since granting it to one person would immediately have consequences that would have the potential to remove it from someone else. Think about that one 'dimwit'. While you're at it, perhaps you can tell me whether you're advocating total freedom and, since I'm obviously a bit slow on the uptake here, you can define that for me too.

theres no such thing as 'total' or 'absolute' freedom. thats what im trying to get at. I merely find it offensive when people try to defend 'freedom of speech' as in reality they are defending state oppression.

whats the difference between freedom and total freedom?? im confused. shirley they are the same ie. both free.

sorry for calling you dimwit. it should have been moron asking questions like that!! ;)

:doh: (safety wink)

Aren't you defending freedom of speech then? :icon_lol:

Also, what exactly would you like to say that you aren't being allowed to say? Specific examples would help.

ha ha, no thanks mate. not answering questions like that in a public forum. ;)

Aye, because the man will whisk you away. Nowt to do with not being able to answer a straightforward question of course.

Just admit you're wrong man agent.

Isn't the WHOLE point of that quote "Freedom without boundaries is just a word" that such a thing is entirely impractical.

You started by arguing against that, and now you're completely agreeing that we can only exist with a certain level of freedom, the debate is only to what degree we should be free to do as we all please.

Freedom with boundaries is not just a word, and it's not oppression, it's the principal that underpins EVERY society on the planet.

Guest Barrack Road

I think the nearest thing to the equilibrium we all need in our lives are the freedoms that existed in the Netherlands. You can't have total freedom because society would break down. There have to be boundaries to freedom, but me personally I don't think there should be any restrictions on what you can verbally say or what you consume, as long as it doesn't effect national security, but quite clearly we're bound by those "boundaries", but I refuse, REFUSE, to conform to the constrictions society imposes on me.

I think the nearest thing to the equilibrium we all need in our lives are the freedoms that existed in the Netherlands. You can't have total freedom because society would break down. There have to be boundaries to freedom, but me personally I don't think there should be any restrictions on what you can verbally say or what you consume, as long as it doesn't effect national security, but quite clearly we're bound by those "boundaries", but I refuse, REFUSE, to conform to the constrictions society imposes on me.

best answer yet

:doh: (safety wink)

Aren't you defending freedom of speech then? :icon_lol:

sorry should have been more specific. people defending the current freedom of speech laws. my bad!

Siencentist once tested monkeys ..

They put 5 monkeys in a closed room where a banana was hanging on the ceiling.

Naturally they ran for it and one of them got it. Result was that loud noise and cold rainwater was showered into the room.

This was repeated until they give up their passion for the banana.

Next phase was to replace one of the monkeys with a "fresh"

newcomer and see what happens...

Newbie naturally tried to reach the banana but the other monkeys beat him so long that he gave up the idea!

They replaced little by little all all the monkeys untill all were changed. But still always the new monkey was beated by the others when he went for the banana.

why?

I'm right in saying the current freedom of speech laws are anything but free.

get over it

of course they are not, everybody is or should be bound by a degree of respect for others and their beliefs and the laws and way of the country they live in.

Unfortunately, muslims seem to think they can change all of this, and misguided fools like Tooner keep telling us how great it is in Canada and think these racists DO have total freedom of speech, using the "racist" card if you object to it.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest Barrack Road
...missed a bit off...After a while the new monkey was beaten regardless of going for the banana or not... ;):icon_lol:

You tried that mephadrone yet Parky?

For such an advocate of free speech it's quite amusing that, despite participating in this thread, your own views are somewhat conspicuous by their absence. Perhaps agent provocateur would be a more appropriate moniker.

...missed a bit off...After a while the new monkey was beaten regardless of going for the banana or not... ;):icon_lol:

Its a bit shit, good for keeping you going when you've run out of anything decent.

why?

get over it

of course they are not, everybody is or should be bound by a degree of respect for others and their beliefs and the laws and way of the country they live in.

Unfortunately, muslims seem to think they can change all of this, and misguided fools like Tooner keep telling us how great it is in Canada and think these racists DO have total freedom of speech, using the "racist" card if you object to it.

Agree with the first bit but I think you're letting your prejudices get in the way there since Tooner was the one saying there should be restrictions on freedom of speech whereas AA here was saying even the likes of Abu Hamza should be able to say what they want regardless of the consequences. You could have avoided that mistake by reading what they actually wrote.

;) and Sarcmark, obviously.

Edited by alex

Its a bit shit, good for keeping you going when you've run out of anything decent.

Never tried it.

For such an advocate of free speech it's quite amusing that, despite participating in this thread, your own views are somewhat conspicuous by their absence. Perhaps agent provocateur would be a more appropriate moniker.

With a nice pair of tits for an avatar?

Never tried it.

You can still get it delivered apparently. It'll be illegal come the summer. Not interested personally.

why?

get over it

Agree with the first bit but I think you're letting your prejudices get in the way there since Tooner was the one saying there should be restrictions on freedom of speech whereas AA here was saying even the likes of Abu Hamza should be able to say what they want regardless of the consequences. You could have avoided that mistake by reading what they actually wrote.

I am reading, but not really responding to tooner because I don't care what goes on in Canada. I saw his comment where he insinuates that I "am deciding what can and can't be said", the point is, I am not. I am saying the same thing as AA ie the law stinks, and as it stands is leaning the way of PC correct loonies who have spent x amount of years trying to tell the likes of me and you what we can and can't say about foreigners and their actions, in our own country.

Why should Hamza be able to say what he likes ? He is banged up, and should stay banged up, where he can say what he likes to fellow inmates if he likes and gets a good deserved kicking for his trouble.

why?

get over it

I am reading, but not really responding to tooner because I don't care what goes on in Canada. I saw his comment where he insinuates that I "am deciding what can and can't be said", the point is, I am not. I am saying the same thing as AA ie the law stinks, and as it stands is leaning the way of PC correct loonies who have spent x amount of years trying to tell the likes of me and you what we can and can't say about foreigners and their actions, in our own country.

Why should Hamza be able to say what he likes ? He is banged up, and should stay banged up, where he can say what he likes to fellow inmates if he likes and gets a good deserved kicking for his trouble.

Thought the muslims had taken over the prisons. ;)

why?

get over it

Thought the muslims had taken over the prisons. ;)

ah, that will be Hamza then.........shame he wasn't kicked a bit harder and a bit earlier.