BNP wins seats

LeazesMag

Do those horrible mancs still laugh at your "embarrassment" at supporting a shit team team that plays in europe regularly ;)

You've said that about 50 times and you still haven't had a laugh. Keep using it though. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do those horrible mancs still laugh at your "embarrassment" at supporting a shit team team that plays in europe regularly ;)

You've said that about 50 times and you still haven't had a laugh. Keep using it though. :D

it was your phrase lad, not mine

I'm happy for you that they would presumably think we are a much better club now and they don't laugh at you any more.

Do those horrible mancs still laugh at your "embarrassment" at supporting a shit team team that plays in europe regularly :D

You've said that about 50 times and you still haven't had a laugh. Keep using it though. :panic:

I'm happy for you that they would presumably think we are a much better club now and they don't laugh at you any more.

;)

Guest Barrack Road

I reckon this thread reached its peak some time ago and it's now become something resembling repeats of Eldorado.

Calling Shepherd scum is probably a bit OTT but he was certainly motivated by personal gain. I sometimes wonder how 'successful' he would have been as chairman as well if it were not for the fortuitous availability of Robson. Let's face it his other managerial appointments were simply shit (and yes I am aware of the Hall's involvement here too).

Anyway, it's definitely not a case that Leazes can claim to be definitively right as he often claims. Right about what exactly? That we may be worse off with a different owner? No shit Sherlock, that's a risk you take. I would say we have been exceptionally unlucky in the ownership stakes personally since Hall senior took a back seat.

Only Souness was universally said to be a bad appointment at the time they were taken on.

This is a non-argument though tbf, you can't apply the man in the street's views to the debate. Well you can, but you then judge using a lower standard, which to be fair is the only way FFS comes out well. Good chairmen have foresight, otherwise anyone could do the job. They also have the advantage of working with their appointments to influence their success. This renders the man-in-the-street argument a complete nullity.

The man in the street would've got rid of Fergie several times in the late 80's and early 90's. I heard them time and again. A good chairman decided not to.

What a load of crap.

Wait and see how many years it takes us to qualify for the Champs League and buy the top players needed to do it. The "man in the street" is someone like you that didn't appreciate when we had this.

Who was chairman of ManU at that time ? Martin Edwards ? Wasn't he caught up in a street crawling incident ? Good job the ManU fans don't hound someone with the interests of the club at heart for getting caught at something that has nothing to do with football ? Just think, they may have lost Fergie, if they had adopted the absurd "holier than thou" attitude that people like you adopted towards the Halls and Shepherd for a similar thing.

You have a choice between a "gentleman", like McKeag, who won't "embarrass you" by running a shit club that does nothing, or someone who understands it is what happens on the field that counts. What a prick people like you are, if you really prefer the McKeags and Ashleys of this world and don't appreciate playing in the Champs League and reaching Cup Finals.

Do those horrible mancs still laugh at your "embarrassment" at supporting a shit team team that plays in europe regularly :panic:

You've said that about 50 times and you still haven't had a laugh. Keep using it though. :panic:

:D

is that supposed to be an intelligent constructive comment ;)

Calling Shepherd scum is probably a bit OTT but he was certainly motivated by personal gain. I sometimes wonder how 'successful' he would have been as chairman as well if it were not for the fortuitous availability of Robson. Let's face it his other managerial appointments were simply shit (and yes I am aware of the Hall's involvement here too).

Anyway, it's definitely not a case that Leazes can claim to be definitively right as he often claims. Right about what exactly? That we may be worse off with a different owner? No shit Sherlock, that's a risk you take. I would say we have been exceptionally unlucky in the ownership stakes personally since Hall senior took a back seat.

Only Souness was universally said to be a bad appointment at the time they were taken on.

This is a non-argument though tbf, you can't apply the man in the street's views to the debate. Well you can, but you then judge using a lower standard, which to be fair is the only way FFS comes out well. Good chairmen have foresight, otherwise anyone could do the job. They also have the advantage of working with their appointments to influence their success. This renders the man-in-the-street argument a complete nullity.

The man in the street would've got rid of Fergie several times in the late 80's and early 90's. I heard them time and again. A good chairman decided not to.

What a load of crap.

Wait and see how many years it takes us to qualify for the Champs League and buy the top players needed to do it. The "man in the street" is someone like you that didn't appreciate when we had this.

Who was chairman of ManU at that time ? Martin Edwards ? Wasn't he caught up in a street crawling incident ? Good job the ManU fans don't hound someone with the interests of the club at heart for getting caught at something that has nothing to do with football ? Just think, they may have lost Fergie, if they had adopted the absurd "holier than thou" attitude that people like you adopted towards the Halls and Shepherd for a similar thing.

You have a choice between a "gentleman", like McKeag, who won't "embarrass you" by running a shit club that does nothing, or someone who understands it is what happens on the field that counts. What a prick people like you are, if you really prefer the McKeags and Ashleys of this world and don't appreciate playing in the Champs League and reaching Cup Finals.

Upset much? ;)

Do those horrible mancs still laugh at your "embarrassment" at supporting a shit team team that plays in europe regularly :panic:

:D

is that supposed to be an intelligent constructive comment ;)

No.

Upset much? :blush:

I'm going to give you a bit of slack here Renton. Why is it "fortuitous" ? Are you just latching onto the common view of those that won't give credit for anything ? Would you also say that the appointment of Alex Ferguson by ManU was also "fortuitous", and if not, why not ?

What a load of crap.

Upset much? ;)

Your lack of a constructive response to a constructive post says everything.

As usual, you are out of your depth.

What a load of crap.

Upset much? ;)

It wasn't worth responding to tbh as it misses the point spectacularly.

I'm glad you wasted your time writing it though. And the fact that you're blatantly seething. :D

What a load of crap.

Upset much? ;)

It wasn't worth responding to tbh as it misses the point spectacularly.

I'm glad you wasted your time writing it though. And the fact that you're blatantly seething. :D

Like I said, this discussion is beyond you.

Somebody with a bit of savvy may respond. That excludes you.

Guest Barrack Road

I'm going to give you a bit of slack here Renton. Why is it "fortuitous" ? Are you just latching onto the common view of those that won't give credit for anything ? Would you also say that the appointment of Alex Ferguson by ManU was also "fortuitous", and if not, why not ?

I would say in hindsight that there was some careful consideration with regards to Alex Ferguson's appointment. I was too young to comprehend it when he took over in 1986, but looking back on ferguson at Aberdeen, it was Roy Of The Rovers stuff, possibly even more so than what SBR did with Ipswich. Winning back to back jock titles, and beating Real Madrid in a major European final??? Have you been to Aberdeen?? The key thing with Ferguson looking back when you've seen the footage of him and read stuff on his time at Pittodrie was when they beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final was 1983 maybe, might be 84 about that time anyway. Rangers quite clearly a more significant club than Aberdeen, Aberdeen win only their fifth major trophy ever, with a 1-0 win and Ferguson gets interviewed on the pitch. He is stoney faced and bollocking his players sat on the turf, then he gets interviewed and tells an entire Scottish nation how ashamed he is of their performance. That type of bloke is 1 in a million.

I would say in hindsight that there was some careful consideration with regards to Alex Ferguson's appointment. I was too young to comprehend it when he took over in 1986, but looking back on ferguson at Aberdeen, it was Roy Of The Rovers stuff, possibly even more so than what SBR did with Ipswich. Winning back to back jock titles, and beating Real Madrid in a major European final??? Have you been to Aberdeen?? The key thing with Ferguson looking back when you've seen the footage of him and read stuff on his time at Pittodrie was when they beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup Final was 1983 maybe, might be 84 about that time anyway. Rangers quite clearly a more significant club than Aberdeen, Aberdeen win only their fifth major trophy ever, with a 1-0 win and Ferguson gets interviewed on the pitch. He is stoney faced and bollocking his players sat on the turf, then he gets interviewed and tells an entire Scottish nation how ashamed he is of their performance. That type of bloke is 1 in a million.

I reckon you understate the odds to be honest mate, much as I can't stand the bloke. One in a generation that bastard.

And the fans would've had him out a few times down the years-which is why the fans judgment is irrelevant as a barometer of anything when it comes to debates of this nature.

Howay man, with Robson's existing connections with the club he was an absolute shoe in for the job. It was hardly an inspirational appointment by any means, every single man on the street would have made it. Even then though, according to Robson's biography, Shepherd nearly blew it by offering Robson a derisory salary. Ferguson's appointment was inspired in comparision, as was Wenger at Arsenal. Obviously there's a bit of luck and hindsight involved there though.

So that begs the question, in a parallel Universe what would Shepherd and Hall done after Gullit had Robson not been available? Who knows but all the available evidence suggests to me they would have made a poorly judged appointment. It's worth pointing out as well that you keep banging on about us being the third biggest club in the country (or is it second) yet we only once achieved third under Shepherd. Not to mention we never won anything. Didn't even come close really.

Yes things are much worse now but that just isn't relevant to the past. Anyway, the whole of football has turned to shit in the mean time, we'd be struggling at best still with Shepherd, and quite possibly have been relegated with debts big enough to destroy the club. It's just a shame we ended up with a tosser like Ashley. Of course, one half of your fantastic duo is responsible for selling out to Ashley anyway, he got his timing right, I'd give him that.

Howay man, with Robson's existing connections with the club he was an absolute shoe in for the job. It was hardly an inspirational appointment by any means, every single man on the street would have made it. Even then though, according to Robson's biography, Shepherd nearly blew it by offering Robson a derisory salary. Ferguson's appointment was inspired in comparision, as was Wenger at Arsenal. Obviously there's a bit of luck and hindsight involved there though.

So that begs the question, in a parallel Universe what would Shepherd and Hall done after Gullit had Robson not been available? Who knows but all the available evidence suggests to me they would have made a poorly judged appointment. It's worth pointing out as well that you keep banging on about us being the third biggest club in the country (or is it second) yet we only once achieved third under Shepherd. Not to mention we never won anything. Didn't even come close really.

Yes things are much worse now but that just isn't relevant to the past. Anyway, the whole of football has turned to shit in the mean time, we'd be struggling at best still with Shepherd, and quite possibly have been relegated with debts big enough to destroy the club. It's just a shame we ended up with a tosser like Ashley. Of course, one half of your fantastic duo is responsible for selling out to Ashley anyway, he got his timing right, I'd give him that.

And that's the truth regardless of whichever manager is appointed at a club. And is certainly the truth with KK's appointment. Yes, Duggie Haall and Shepherd championed his cause to Surgeon Hall, but never in their wildest dreams did they expect what happened, to happen. I bet they thought about increasing the gates (obviously) and 'let's hope for the best'. And the league position at the end of the season was no great revelation as to what would happen the next campaign. It wasn't until the first game of the next season against Southend that our eyes were well and truly opened as to what was happening on the pitch.

EDIT: sory folks, started waffling and getting teary-eyed about KK.

Edited by snakehips

BNp are basically a protest vote for the disenfrancised white working class who are a little bit thick as well. Most Govt fail most of the time anyway.

Never normally agree with you Parky but that's spot on, you've summed up this thread in a nutshell. ;)

Renton, it must keep you lovely and warm that smug, self delusional but satisfied feeling of superiority!

if i was LM i would suggest its all down to a university education!! :D

:panic:

Come on Axeman. Nick Griffin is the most intelligent man that supports the BNP, and he's thick as pigshit.

Happy, thats the daftest thing you've ever posted on here. He attended Downing college, Cambridge and graduated in law. Not something that someone who is 'thick as pigshit' could ever achieve.

Aye, he's basically just like the rest of the privileged political class, only with poorer exam results.

BNp are basically a protest vote for the disenfrancised white working class who are a little bit thick as well. Most Govt fail most of the time anyway.

Never normally agree with you Parky but that's spot on, you've summed up this thread in a nutshell. ;)

Renton, it must keep you lovely and warm that smug, self delusional but satisfied feeling of superiority!

if i was LM i would suggest its all down to a university education!! :D

Come on Axeman. Nick Griffin is the most intelligent man that supports the BNP, and he's thick as pigshit.

Happy, thats the daftest thing you've ever posted on here. He attended Downing college, Cambridge and graduated in law. Not something that someone who is 'thick as pigshit' could ever achieve.

Aye, he's basically just like the rest of the privileged political class, only with poorer exam results.

Aye.

BNP is funded by SiS.

Never normally agree with you Parky but that's spot on, you've summed up this thread in a nutshell. :D

if i was LM i would suggest its all down to a university education!! :panic:

How on earth has his mind not been warped by hand-wringing, do-gooder, fancy-dan lecturers, without any real life experience? ;)