Jewellers that purchase unwanted jewellery

Jay Jay Sea

I'm looking to make a quick buck to fund a brief stint out of the country for a few days. I'm looking to sell some old jewellry as I understand that the price of gold is pretty good. Personally, I don't have any jewellery with the exception of my wedding ring but wor lass has loads of the stuff. No doubt it will all be cheap 9 carrot gold that I have lavished her with over the past 12 years or so but it's just sitting there, in her jewellry box. So the time has come, she wont miss it I'm sure of that so I'm gonna grab me a handful and sell it for any price they offer.

So.....does anyone know of any jewellers that will purchased said cheap gold? Somewhere in town would be ideal or Jesmond/Gosforth/surrounding areas.

Appreciate any help.

JJ

You wont make half what its worth selling it 2nd hand to Jewellers unfortunately, regardless of how good the going rate is for Gold at the minute. My grandad has a £1000 Gold chain and got offered about £250 for it iirc

Newcastle Jewellers on Pilgrim Street, they always have ads in The Metro (paper) saying they buy jewelry, watches etc.

But like KD says, whether you get what its worth is another matter.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

You'll more than likely be ripped off by a jeweller tbh. Probably better to sell items individually on ebay. Though time consuming I know.

Please tell me to mind my own if you like but why doesnt your lass want the jewellery anymore? :lol: (I could not part with any of mine) :aye:

Newcastle Jewellers on Pilgrim Street, they always have ads in The Metro (paper) saying they buy jewelry, watches etc.

But like KD says, whether you get what its worth is another matter.

Sound, thanks a lot for that folks. There a few lasses in the office who were saying they basically picked up a small handful of necklaces and real tat and got about £200. Knowing these lasses as I do, I kid you not when i tell you it was real tat. I am remaining optimistic that I will receive a 3 figure sum......I'll hit them at lunch time. Cheers.

You'll more than likely be ripped off by a jeweller tbh. Probably better to sell items individually on ebay. Though time consuming I know.

Please tell me to mind my own if you like but why doesnt your lass want the jewellery anymore? :lol: (I could not part with any of mine) :aye:

Well that's the thing, in all hoensty, she will want to keep the jewellery but like I say, I'm flying out of the country for a few days and thought HER jewellery would pay for MY few days/nights away. I'm fairly certain she will not notice that a handful of it is missing and if she does? Well I blame the bairn or just tell her that I think her sister is a kleptomaniac. Win/Win situation for me. Gotta be ones step ahead of the chicks (with all due respect).

I don't think she is getting much of a choice.

Well that's the thing, in all hoensty, she will want to keep the jewellery but like I say, I'm flying out of the country for a few days and thought HER jewellery would pay for MY few days/nights away. I'm fairly certain she will not notice that a handful of it is missing and if she does? Well I blame the bairn or just tell her that I think her sister is a kleptomaniac. Win/Win situation for me. Gotta be ones step ahead of the chicks (with all due respect).

Sell the lot.

Empty her account out while you're at it.

Never seen you pussyfooting like this before. I find it slightly unsettling.

Sell the lot.

Don't worry about a thing chap. If i make even 1% of the actual value of the jewellry, I'll be back selling the lot, leaving no stone left unturned. Slight dilema though, she has a gold tooth and the way I'm been unsuccessfully throwing my fists around the house, I'm not confident enought right now that I will be able to take both her and the tooth clean out. She's had the upper hand lately (quite embarrassing for me really, sporting a couple of 'grazes' here and there) as she introduced a few cheeky moves when we've been sparring. I found grappling with her when she was about 26st easier than the 11st she is now. There's nowt to hold onto, just a 95 year old + pair of tits.

Sell the lot.

Don't worry about a thing chap. If i make even 1% of the actual value of the jewellry, I'll be back selling the lot, leaving no stone left unturned. Slight dilema though, she has a gold tooth and the way I'm been unsuccessfully throwing my fists around the house, I'm not confident enought right now that I will be able to take both her and the tooth clean out. She's had the upper hand lately (quite embarrassing for me really, sporting a couple of 'grazes' here and there) as she introduced a few cheeky moves when we've been sparring. I found grappling with her when she was about 26st easier than the 11st she is now. There's nowt to hold onto, just a 95 year old + pair of tits.

You've been letting her swan around the house with a gold tooth??!!

That right there is pretty much dereliction of duty old boy.

Next you'll be telling me you don't get your morning cuppa bought up to you as you lie in bed with the first exploratory Marlboro of the day.

Please, I urge you, get control of this situation.

Well, I mosied on down to Pilgtim Street Jewellers and unload my suit pockets with all manner of shite and the bird kindly split the gear into gold and silver. Some smartly dressed, slightly portly, chap fixed one of monacle/magnifier type of contraption to his eye and off he went. I felt rather embarressed at having raided so much shit from the missus jewellery box that I could barely hold my head up. Anyway, chap has a word with the lady serving me and he mutters some figure. £377. Sweet as. Money in the hop, leaves the shop, tells her indoors that she can have ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING that she would like from the menu of the Chinese round the corner and guess what, I will even pay for her. The gold tooth can wait. For now.

£377 for tat. What is the world coming to? Be just my luck to find I had dropped my wedding ring in with that lot. Pity our women/wives could not be sold for money. Not that I'd get much.

You're weird. Do you ever answer a question in the normal manner?

The sub-text to the thread is that JJ has topped one of his gay lovers and needs to sell his wife's jewellery to pay for an airfare out of the country.

His replies are the least of your worries.

The sub-text to the thread is that JJ has topped one of his gay lovers and needs to sell his wife's jewellery to pay for an airfare out of the country.

His replies are the least of your worries.

I got a slightly different message but still nevermind :aye: I just prefer straight talking.

Uh oh..... :lol:

:aye: Sorry I cant be doing with it all.

I'm weird and you're hot. So hot I'm gonna cool you down. You know how to cool a chick down? You invite them round to your house, wine and dine them and just as she makes a passing comment about how sophisticated you are as a bloke, a bloke like they've never met in their lives before, you take that compliment and then you snap. Big time. Body temperature drops by a good degree or so. You apologise profusly, bring on a few crocodile tears if manageable, show a real sensitive side to your nature. Invite the chick upstairs to your bedroom, pull back the bedsheets and there it is. Last night's chick stone cold having been lying their for some 24 hours Of course a bird wouldn't think anything of anything of there being a hammer-drill, still-saw and stanley knife at the top of the stairs, with a few bin-liners scattered about for good measure. The thing is, I like to feed my chicks up before sending them on to the next life.

This young fledgling I was having some wine with last night said to me. "Why Parky do you shy away from happiness"? Instinctively I looked out the large bay window and caught our reflections - both standing in the semi-darkness of her candle lit kitchen flickering as we were on the edge of some great darkness.

I'm weird and you're hot. So hot I'm gonna cool you down. You know how to cool a chick down? You invite them round to your house, wine and dine them and just as she makes a passing comment about how sophisticated you are as a bloke, a bloke like they've never met in their lives before, you take that compliment and then you snap. Big time. Body temperature drops by a good degree or so. You apologise profusly, bring on a few crocodile tears if manageable, show a real sensitive side to your nature. Invite the chick upstairs to your bedroom, pull back the bedsheets and there it is. Last night's chick stone cold having been lying their for some 24 hours Of course a bird wouldn't think anything of anything of there being a hammer-drill, still-saw and stanley knife at the top of the stairs, with a few bin-liners scattered about for good measure. The thing is, I like to feed my chicks up before sending them on to the next life.

Like I said, weird.

You're always talking of beating chicks up and killing them. Why? I see death regularly, its not attractive.

Like I said, weird.

You're always talking of beating chicks up and killing them. Why? I see death regularly, its not attractive.

You've left the milk on luv.