The End Game?

Christmas Tree

I know not all are a fan of the local press, but every now and then they may just have the inside track. There are a few choice words in here that make it sound like our nightmare could be coming to an end, as soon as the next few days.

Source Journal

ALAN Shearer could finally be named Newcastle United’s permanent manager before the end of the week as the sale of the troubled Championship club starts to gather pace.

Although it could still be a few weeks before a takeover is complete, The Journal has been told this may not prevent Shearer from being appointed if all of the groups serious about buying the club want him as manager. That would effectively take the matter out of Mike Ashley’s hands and the sports shop magnate is willing to belatedly confirm Shearer as manager – as long as it can not do anything to hinder the takeover.

Anyone interested in paying the £100m asking price to take Newcastle off Ashley’s hands has until tomorrow to prove they have the funds needed to go through with the deal.

After that, the due diligence process will start and if Shearer (right) is the unanimous choice of all the prospective new owners, he could be in control of the team before the weekend.

United’s managing director Derek Llambias was back in Newcastle yesterday to prepare for the final days of the Ashley regime on Tyneside, and he is hopeful a significant announcement is not far away.

“There could be some movement regarding Alan Shearer at the end of this week or early next week,” said Llambias, who has been in regular contact with Seymour Pierce, the bank in charge of finding a buyer.

“The data room will be open on Wednesday, which will allow the groups who have proved they have the money to buy the club to look at the books. Nobody has been able to do that yet because the data room hasn’t been opened.

“We will not be making any decision on Alan as manager, that is not up to us, that is down to the groups who are buying the club. If they want to appoint him, then it’s up to them. We will speak to them about it. If they do want Alan then something could be done in the next few days. That’s where we are at this stage and everything is on going.”

Although the identity of the groups who have shown they are serious about a takeover is being kept a closely guarded secret by everyone directly involved in the negotiations, The Journal can confirm that former Magpie chairman Freddie Shepherd is definitely part of one of the bidding groups.

Shepherd has already indicated privately he will immediately want to appoint Shearer, although it seems others share the view that the former Newcastle captain and record goalscorer is the only man capable of lifting the club following relegation.

Shearer has been patient during all of the delays, despite his frustration at not being able to start overhauling the first-team squad, but he is also hopeful an end is in sight to yet another regrettable saga at St James’s Park.

A source close to Shearer said: “Alan has been told that Thursday could be a very big day in terms of his and Newcastle’s future, so it seems things are starting to move in the right direction.

“He has been incredibly frustrated by the delay because he wanted to get straight into things as manager and start preparing the club for a bid to make an immediate return to the Premier League. Everything has been on hold for the last few weeks because Alan has been left in limbo while the club is being sold. That process looks to be coming to an important stage – so this week could be an exciting one.”

Meanwhile, should Shearer be confirmed as manager, he will move quickly for highly-rated Norwegian midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred, even though the talented playmaker has also attracted interest from a number of Premier League sides.

Although Shearer has been stuck in limbo because of the uncertainty at boardroom level, he has also lined up deals for Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford and Tottenham’s Chris Gunter.

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are direct quotes from Llambiarse though.

I do find all of this totally bizarre tbh. They let the season finish enter into intense talks with Shearer about what is to be done in the future only to decide they can't be bothered and want to get out of it as quick as possible. That's fickle numptyness beyond imagination but does nicely sum up their entire stint at the club.

I do find all of this totally bizarre tbh. They let the season finish enter into intense talks with Shearer about what is to be done in the future only to decide they can't be bothered and want to get out of it as quick as possible. That's fickle numptyness beyond imagination but does nicely sum up their entire stint at the club.

Ashley strikes me as someone who does everything off the cuff. He probably woke up one day and thought 'fuck it, I've had enough'. I certainly hope so anyway.

Ashley strikes me as someone who does everything off the cuff. He probably woke up one day and thought 'fuck it, I've had enough'. I certainly hope so anyway.

Maybe he's like the Dice Man?

One - I sign Shearer as manager

Two - I sell the club

Three - I stick my wife's dildo up my arse

Etc

Two - I sell the club

Etc

More like the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.

Two - I sell the club

Etc

<_< Who's going to cross the streams and get rid of the fucker?

Two - I sell the club

Etc

:DWho's going to cross the streams and get rid of the fucker?

Me and you - in those bogs in the Biggie? <_<

SKY Sports rehash of the Journal story:

Alan Shearer could be named as permanent manager at Newcastle by the end of the week.

Although the sale of the club has not yet been finalised, Shearer will be appointed in the hot seat should all prospective buyers agree on his appointment.

Anyone interested in paying the £100million asking price has until Wednesday to prove they have the funds required.

Providing Shearer gets a unanimous vote from those prospective buyers, he will be appointed permanent manager of the football club within the next few days.

It could still be weeks before a takeover is complete, but Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias says the club are close to making a significant announcement.

Movement

"There could be some movement regarding Alan Shearer at the end of this week or early next week," he told Journal Live.

"The data room will be open on Wednesday, which will allow the groups who have proved they have the money to buy the club to look at the books. Nobody has been able to do that yet because the data room hasn't been opened.

"We will not be making any decision on Alan as manager, that is not up to us, that is down to the groups who are buying the club.

"If they want to appoint him, then it's up to them. We will speak to them about it. If they do want Alan then something could be done in the next few days. That's where we are at this stage and everything is ongoing."

Two - I sell the club

Etc

Ashley "Magic 8 Ball should I employ Shearer as manager before the club is sold...?"

Magic 8 Ball "Your a twat!" <_<

Two - I sell the club

Etc

:DWho's going to cross the streams and get rid of the fucker?

Me and you - in those bogs in the Biggie? <_<

Yoinks :lol:

I like that Parky is scynical about these stories, but not alien stories... it's colourful.

Spot the deliberate mistake? <_<

Two - I sell the club

Etc

Ashley "Magic 8 Ball should I employ Shearer as manager before the club is sold...?"

Magic 8 Ball "Your a twat!" :D

<_<:lol:

I like that Parky is scynical about these stories, but not alien stories... it's colourful.

Aliens landing tomorrow is more likely. :lol:

They land every day tbh, <_<:D

Aliens landing tomorrow is more likely. :(

They land every day tbh, <_<:D

One of them even frequents this board posting NSFW links. :lol: