The End Game?

Christmas Tree

I like that Parky is scynical about these stories, but not alien stories... it's colourful.

Aliens landing tomorrow is more likely. :D

...is more likely than what? <_<

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Data Room' ????? WTF. Probably like summat out of Minority Report I imagine.

More like two scrumpled up bits of A4, some matches and a twig/string thing hanging from the ceiling.

I like that Parky is scynical about these stories, but not alien stories... it's colourful.

Aliens landing tomorrow is more likely. :(

They land every day tbh, <_<:D

One of them even frequents this board posting NSFW links. :lol:

:scratchhead:

Aliens landing tomorrow is more likely. :scratchhead:

One of them even frequents this board posting NSFW links. :(

:lol:

I don't like to repeat myself, but this sounds like yet more stalling from Ashley & co. How many times have we heard this 'next few days' shite now?

We'll be able to answer your question over the next few days...

One of them even frequents this board posting NSFW links. :(

One of them even frequents this board posting NSFW links. :scratchhead:

:(

Am I the only one who reads that statement totally differently?

There could be some movement regarding Alan Shearer at the end of this week or early next week,” said Llambias, who has been in regular contact with Seymour Pierce, the bank in charge of finding a buyer.

“The data room will be open on Wednesday, which will allow the groups who have proved they have the money to buy the club to look at the books. Nobody has been able to do that yet because the data room hasn’t been opened.

“We will not be making any decision on Alan as manager, that is not up to us, that is down to the groups who are buying the club. If they want to appoint him, then it’s up to them. We will speak to them about it. If they do want Alan then something could be done in the next few days. That’s where we are at this stage and everything is on going.

Basically, what he is saying is "we (Dekka and Mike) have absolutely no intention of signing Alan Shearer, it just will not happen under our watch, however we do want you to buy season tickets and therefore Im going to tell you that it could all be sorted in the next few days to a week. That however should be just enough time to make you think, "what if I dont buy my ticket and Al comes?". Were basically putting the whole emphasis on those that may want to buy it".

Now forgive me if Im wrong but due diligence doesnt get sorted in a couple of days, these are things that teams of lawyers and accountants pore over for weeks on end, unless of course those books say "nothing outstanding, everything paid and loads of cash coming in" if they do say that then I reckon any prospective purchaser is going to take even longer to go through them trying to find where the fuck hes hidden it.

Its amazing how media will take one story and come up with what they think we want to hear. <_<

There could be some movement regarding Alan Shearer at the end of this week or early next week," said Llambias, who has been in regular contact with Seymour Pierce, the bank in charge of finding a buyer.

"The data room will be open on Wednesday, which will allow the groups who have proved they have the money to buy the club to look at the books. Nobody has been able to do that yet because the data room hasn't been opened.

"We will not be making any decision on Alan as manager, that is not up to us, that is down to the groups who are buying the club. If they want to appoint him, then it's up to them. We will speak to them about it. If they do want Alan then something could be done in the next few days. That's where we are at this stage and everything is on going.

Basically, what he is saying is "we (Dekka and Mike) have absolutely no intention of signing Alan Shearer, it just will not happen under our watch, however we do want you to buy season tickets and therefore Im going to tell you that it could all be sorted in the next few days to a week. That however should be just enough time to make you think, "what if I dont buy my ticket and Al comes?". Were basically putting the whole emphasis on those that may want to buy it".

Now forgive me if Im wrong but due diligence doesnt get sorted in a couple of days, these are things that teams of lawyers and accountants pore over for weeks on end, unless of course those books say "nothing outstanding, everything paid and loads of cash coming in" if they do say that then I reckon any prospective purchaser is going to take even longer to go through them trying to find where the fuck hes hidden it.

Its amazing how media will take one story and come up with what they think we want to hear. <_<

Do people have to announce their going through due diligence? is it possible they've been going through Due diligence for weeks already?

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I think you're desperately trying to find the worst in every article mate.

There could be some movement regarding Alan Shearer at the end of this week or early next week," said Llambias, who has been in regular contact with Seymour Pierce, the bank in charge of finding a buyer.

"The data room will be open on Wednesday, which will allow the groups who have proved they have the money to buy the club to look at the books. Nobody has been able to do that yet because the data room hasn't been opened.

"We will not be making any decision on Alan as manager, that is not up to us, that is down to the groups who are buying the club. If they want to appoint him, then it's up to them. We will speak to them about it. If they do want Alan then something could be done in the next few days. That's where we are at this stage and everything is on going.

Do people have to announce their going through due diligence? is it possible they've been going through Due diligence for weeks already?

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I think you're desperately trying to find the worst in every article mate.

and your insistence on reading something positive in every article means you miss the simplest of points from the main quote. Dekka makes it clear that nobody could have carried out due dilligence before tomorrow.

"The data room will be open on Wednesday, which will allow the groups who have proved they have the money to buy the club to look at the books. Nobody has been able to do that yet because the data room hasn't been opened."

That is the start of due diligence, people cannot have started to carry it out if they havent had access to the necessary documents.

I don't see why it should take more than a few days to put in a conditional bid. All the bidders will know roughly what to expect (a mess) and it's just a case of comparing the numbers against expectations and adjusting their intended bid value accordingly.

Wishgil thinking maybe, but as this is from the local reporter with some contacts in various camps, I do think there might be something in this.

Tomorrow is the last day for bids to come in, which makes it sound as though there are several interested parties. If a bid is made and accepted, there is no reason why Shearer can't be appointed, subject to etc.

Finally I for one am thankful for all the speculation and tittle tattle as for me, it passes what is otherwise a most hated period of time, close season.

I hate putting the radio on and hearing about fucking cricket, ten is or rugby.

I also hate the way all the presenters gush about these sports in the hope of concerting one sport men like myself into cricket tossers!

Hopefully all parties will appreciate something has to be done on the football side as a priority. Another "caretaker" spell from Hughton is akin to football suicide. Doing nothing to remodel the squad is financial suicide. However pig-headed and stupid Ashley is (and he is considerably both), surely even he can see that doing nothing is not an option and will hurt him further in the wallet?

Can someone explain to me what fucker is going to pay 100m for the club?

And therein lies the problem.

Why does it feels as though nothing is happening? Because more likely than not that's exactly what is happening. Ashley has zipped up his purse (or it's fucking empty and all he has left are 'assets').

Can see it now; He knew he was in financial trouble quite some time ago, but at the same time he was blabbing on about how he was going to be here now to take the club forward in some misguided attempt to make it appear that the ship had been steadied so that we were more appealing to potential buyers. In the meantime, he ensured that anyone who was close enough to see the rot that was eating the club away from the inside was corrupt, stupid or some combination of the two.

It was all slipping away though, so in a desperate attempt to salvage the premier league status of the club he fronted with some actual money to slip Alan Shearer in at the helm of the sinking ship. It was too little too late and so the inevitable happened and Newcastle were relegated, negating any illusions of stability that Ashley had created (largely in his head). Queue the next desperate measure - listing the club for sale at a reduced price (from the bloated unrealistic figure he was asking not too long prior). A big discount it was, but Ashley has no credibility and with the world's economic climate in the state that it is noone was willing to throw any sort of line his way. All the while, the bills are piling up as Ashley attempts to not have to put anything else towards something that he desperately wants to get rid of. The ongoing stalling around the appointment of Shearer is just another way that Ashley was trying to put a fresh coat of paint on the mess without actually having to front with any additional money.

Why does it feels as though nothing is happening? Because more likely than not that's exactly what is happening. Ashley has zipped up his purse (or it's fucking empty and all he has left are 'assets').

Can see it now; He knew he was in financial trouble quite some time ago, but at the same time he was blabbing on about how he was going to be here now to take the club forward in some misguided attempt to make it appear that the ship had been steadied so that we were more appealing to potential buyers. In the meantime, he ensured that anyone who was close enough to see the rot that was eating the club away from the inside was corrupt, stupid or some combination of the two.

It was all slipping away though, so in a desperate attempt to salvage the premier league status of the club he fronted with some actual money to slip Alan Shearer in at the helm of the sinking ship. It was too little too late and so the inevitable happened and Newcastle were relegated, negating any illusions of stability that Ashley had created (largely in his head). Queue the next desperate measure - listing the club for sale at a reduced price (from the bloated unrealistic figure he was asking not too long prior). A big discount it was, but Ashley has no credibility and with the world's economic climate in the state that it is noone was willing to throw any sort of line his way. All the while, the bills are piling up as Ashley attempts to not have to put anything else towards something that he desperately wants to get rid of. The ongoing stalling around the appointment of Shearer is just another way that Ashley was trying to put a fresh coat of paint on the mess without actually having to front with any additional money.

One of the best appraisals I've read anywhere on any board.

Very close to my thoughts hence my cynicism over the last few weeks.

Spot on imo.

Here's some pointless speculation - to my mind there might be 2 sorts of buyers:

1. Serious wannabe Prem League player - keen to restore value by taking club straight back up, will spend money on the club, looking for long term capital gain

2. Bargain hunters/vultures - get discount price for the ongoing cash crisis and chaos from desperation to sell, looking for quick buck and very little cash to spend on the club

Ashley was in the second camp all along I reckon but couldn't sell on the terms he wanted when he wanted. There must be a big risk that we won't get any from the first camp. One thing's for sure, Ashley will sell to the first punter who offers him enough money, he won't care one iota about their "plans" for the club (much like the sainted Sir John Hall).

If I was a vulture I'd do whatever I could to spin out the current situation till things get truly desperate, then ride in and sweep up at a bargain price. Thank God they can't sell the ground.

I'm praying there's a serious wannabe prem league player out there. If there is they might act decisively to stop the rot before it's too late, you never know.