James Alan Godfey

Guest TheNewinsider

Guest TheNewinsider

It comes to my attention that a former client of mine who I served as a financial advisor, known as James Alan Godfrey, from West Virginia will be shortly lining up with a bid with several business associates of his to buy Newcastle United PLC, or "the toon" as it is sometimes nicknamed. He has been a keen admirer of the club since 1993, when he was impressed by Kevin Keegan's side taking the premiership by storm and finishing 3rd.

James is a businessman in West Virginia who has made a fortune of about £549 million through his pivotal stakes in the City National Bank of West Virginia; and by careful management of shares in several other companies including Six flags, and the Metropolitian life insurance company respectively; most of these which he has now sold following the financial recession which has allowed his personal capital to grow even higher.

His potential business associates Jeffrey Speed, Michael Cavanagh and Carl Robert Henrikson; have provisionally agreed to form a consortium and help fund a £100 million bid to purchase the club and prepare to rebuild it again for premiership life. Though there iely unfortunatr a snag in this, as there is disputed choice to who should be the clubs manager amongst these four individuals, James himself does not want to appoint Shearer unlike the rest, as he believes it could be a gamble on the clubs stability and future and rather he is looking for a much more experienced tagret. Which is making things difficult for the time being as James believes he cannot afford to purchase and run the club on his own, only with a backing consortium of dedicated associates. Despite the Shearer situation negoitations have went on well, and the consortium could be lining up their bid by monday. He is particually keen to appoint a newcastle fan legend as chairman of the club though, as he hopes to build a strong relationship with the fans and ensure a more professional communication between the fans and the owners; and that doesn't mean sitting in the stands wearing a replica shirt either.

Whilst James is an intensely private individual, it is known to me that he is also a friend of Mike Ashley, having met up previously several timesbefore in New York city, because of this he is aware of the clubs financial situation and crisis and wishes to step in himself to make the difference for Newcastle fans. He visited the city of Newcastle upon tyne and the entire surrounding region just last year, and he personally believes it is a place he would like to live in and discover more.

That is all.

Edited by TheNewinsider

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes to my attention that a former client of mine who I served as a financial advisor, known as James Alan Godfrey, from West Virginia will be shortly lining up with a bid with several business associates of his to buy Newcastle United PLC, or "the toon" as it is sometimes nicknamed. He has been a keen admirer of the club since 1993, when he was impressed by Kevin Keegan's side taking the premiership by storm and finishing 3rd.

James is a businessman in West Virginia who has made a fortune of about £549 million through his pivotal stakes in the City National Bank of West Virginia; and by careful management of shares in several other companies including Six flags, and the Metropolitian life insurance company respectively; most of these which he has now sold following the financial recession which has allowed his personal capital to grow even higher.

His potential business associates Jeffrey Speed, Michael Cavanagh and Carl Robert Henrikson; have provisionally agreed to form a consortium and help fund a £100 million bid to purchase the club and prepare to rebuild it again for premiership life. Though there iely unfortunatr a snag in this, as there is disputed choice to who should be the clubs manager amongst these four individuals, James himself does not want to appoint Shearer unlike the rest, as he believes it could be a gamble on the clubs stability and future and rather he is looking for a much more experienced tagret. Which is making things difficult for the time being as James believes he cannot afford to purchase and run the club on his own, only with a backing consortium of dedicated associates. Despite the Shearer situation negoitations have went on well, and the consortium could be lining up their bid by monday. He is particually keen to appoint a newcastle fan legend as chairman of the club though, as he hopes to build a strong relationship with the fans and ensure a more professional communication between the fans and the owners; and that doesn't mean sitting in the stands wearing a replica shirt either.

Whilst James is an intensely private individual, it is known to me that he is also a friend of Mike Ashley, having met up previously several timesbefore in New York city, because of this he is aware of the clubs financial situation and crisis and wishes to step in himself to make the difference for Newcastle fans. He visited the city of Newcastle upon tyne and the entire surrounding region just last year, and he personally believes it is a place he would like to live in and discover more.

That is all.

A nice Sunderland IP address for someone from West Virginia.

dylanfailopt.gif

Guest TheNewinsider
A nice Sunderland IP address for someone from West Virginia.

there's a difference between being from somewhere and based in somewhere, unfortunately I am stuck in this little squat of a city until wednesday, to dicuss a deal for a firm in property development for a defunct piece of land called Farringdon Row. Keeps them happy.

Edited by TheNewinsider

Guest TheNewinsider
well I'm convinced

Aye, this James fella keeps a very low profile - so low that nobody seems to know that he exists

Means nothing, next to nobody had heard of Mike Ashley before he purchased the club.

Guest TheNewinsider

This is to the moderators who tampered with the name of my thread; may I just ask what is a "Mackem" of all things? I have never heard that word before.

well I'm convinced

Aye, this James fella keeps a very low profile - so low that nobody seems to know that he exists

Means nothing, next to nobody had heard of Mike Ashley before he purchased the club.

Er.... no. :lol:

Guest TheNewinsider
well I'm convinced

Er.... no. :lol:

I don't believe you did for a start. Mike Ashley is a different kettle of fish to J. A. Godfrey, when you're a billionaire its difficult to keep anonymous from media sources such as forbes and the sunday times rich list; but when you're only a multi millionaire you can keep behind the scenes a lot easier.

Guest TheNewinsider
do you honestly think anyone is listening to you?

Obviously not as it's a text based football forum, not a oral conversation.

terrific comeback :lol:

well I'm convinced

Er.... no. :razz:

I don't believe you did for a start. Mike Ashley is a different kettle of fish to J. A. Godfrey, when you're a billionaire its difficult to keep anonymous from media sources such as forbes and the sunday times rich list; but when you're only a multi millionaire you can keep behind the scenes a lot easier.

Fop knows many things. :rolleyes: Like who Assley was before he bought NUFC, or a :lol: attempt at WUMery (hint: if you really want people to believe you're American try harder to keep the English Chav slang terms and sentence phrasing out of your English :razz:).

Newcastle United hasnt been a PLC for about 2 years now fuck off you half witted mackem cretin

Guest TheNewinsider

Newcastle United hasnt been a PLC for about 2 years now fuck off you half witted mackem cretin

I beg your pardon but what is a "mackem"?