Leyton Orient 6 - 1 Newcastle United

Jimbo

You keep thinking it couldn't get any worse and it always does. Could we put a kitty in to hire someone to shoot that fat cunt? I know its only a friendly, but c'mon!

If you are referring to Ashley as the fat cunt I would suggest you direct your anger elsewhere on this occasion. The fat cunt had nothing to do with this atrocious result. It had everything to do with the players on the field and gawd knows there were enough of them out there, and the jokers who put them out there who obviously still don't have a clue as how to field a winning line up when your only absentees are Bassong, Ameobe & Rtaylor and you're playing a League 1 team. Nolan as centre-forward? gimme a fucking break.

I thought you said Shepherd [you know the bloke along with Hall who gave us one of the best teams in the country for the best part of 15 years] was the fat cunt ?

Yesterday is down to the players, but if the players aren't good enough and there is no positive leadership and direction in the club, that is not the fault of the players. Sometimes I wonder if you really are as old as you say you are or just had your head in the sand for decades pre-1992, and I know the answer too.

It is going to get worse if the club is not sold.

lets not be silly now

fucking hell, and here's me thinking regular european football makes you one of the best teams in the country.

well im sorry to piss on your parade, but it doesn't. you can get into europe by finishing half way down the league, or lower.

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

you can go and count the number of top 6 league positions, and you can compare the amount of top 6 league positons for decades previous to 1992, and the 2 years since Ashley bought the club whenever you like.

Take your time.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep thinking it couldn't get any worse and it always does. Could we put a kitty in to hire someone to shoot that fat cunt? I know its only a friendly, but c'mon!

If you are referring to Ashley as the fat cunt I would suggest you direct your anger elsewhere on this occasion. The fat cunt had nothing to do with this atrocious result. It had everything to do with the players on the field and gawd knows there were enough of them out there, and the jokers who put them out there who obviously still don't have a clue as how to field a winning line up when your only absentees are Bassong, Ameobe & Rtaylor and you're playing a League 1 team. Nolan as centre-forward? gimme a fucking break.

I thought you said Shepherd [you know the bloke along with Hall who gave us one of the best teams in the country for the best part of 15 years] was the fat cunt ?

Yesterday is down to the players, but if the players aren't good enough and there is no positive leadership and direction in the club, that is not the fault of the players. Sometimes I wonder if you really are as old as you say you are or just had your head in the sand for decades pre-1992, and I know the answer too.

lets not be silly now

fucking hell, and here's me thinking regular european football makes you one of the best teams in the country.

well im sorry to piss on your parade, but it doesn't. you can get into europe by finishing half way down the league, or lower.

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

you can go and count the number of top 6 league positions, and you can compare the amount of top 6 league positons for decades previous to 1992, and the 2 years since Ashley bought the club whenever you like.

Take your time.

With the huge benefit of hindsight, was it all worth the sort of debt Shepherd put us in and which Ashley hasn't been able to or hasn't been willing to handle?

Half a dozen games in the champions league and a couple of FA cup final appearances isn't really justifiable when you look at the outlay on players and wages that has put us in the posistion we find ourselves in today.

lets not be silly now

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

Take your time.

what, so seven top 6 finishes since 1992 means we were one of the best teams in the country for the best part of 15 years?

i dont see your point.

lets not be silly now

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

Take your time.

what, so seven top 6 finishes since 1992 means we were one of the best teams in the country for the best part of 15 years?

i dont see your point.

I said we were one of the best teams in the country, and we were. Whether you can face up to that fact or not, we qualified for the Champions League 3 times, and would have been 4 if the runners up had started a year earlier, we qualified for europe on a regular basis, we reached 2 FA Cup Finals for the first time in 24 years, our best players all saw us a club that were trying to win trophies which is why they stayed, including Shearer particularly the best premiership striker there has been so far, we filled the ground every week for the first time in decades, and only 4 teams had an overall higher average league position.

If you don't accept that to be one of the countries top teams, then your hatred for the Halls and Shepherd is shameful, especially after what has happened since they were bought out.

It could be decades before anybody comes into this club and matches this, and people like you will still be arguing how shit they were. You aren't thickmick or baggy are you, or some other stupid bairn from NO ?

lets not be silly now

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

Take your time.

With the huge benefit of hindsight, was it all worth the sort of debt Shepherd put us in and which Ashley hasn't been able to or hasn't been willing to handle?

Half a dozen games in the champions league and a couple of FA cup final appearances isn't really justifiable when you look at the outlay on players and wages that has put us in the posistion we find ourselves in today.

Well, if you prefer to compete with the Charltons of this world by not trying to compete with the trophy winners [ a shameful stance anyway considering we are one of the biggest supported clubs in the country] then you have your wish because this is what Mike Ashley has returned us to, precisely what we were for decades pre-1992

no, you said we were one of the best teams in the country FOR THE BEST PART OF 15 YEARS.

thats what i questioned.

sorry to piss on your chips, but we were. Only 4 teams did better.

no, you said we were one of the best teams in the country FOR THE BEST PART OF 15 YEARS.

thats what i questioned.

7 years of top 6 finishes (not even in a row). how does that add up to 15 years of being one of the top teams in the country?

im sorry, i simply cant agree with that.

it's closer to home to say we punched above our weight for 7 seasons, after spending a hell of a lot of money.

just my opinion.

lets not be silly now

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

Take your time.

Well, if you prefer to compete with the Charltons of this world by not trying to compete with the trophy winners [ a shameful stance anyway considering we are one of the biggest supported clubs in the country] then you have your wish because this is what Mike Ashley has returned us to, precisely what we were for decades pre-1992

Thats not really what I'm trying to say.

Possibly if we'd have been managed and run by more competent individuals the huge debt may have been rewarded with real success? e.g. Shepherd letting Souness loose with 40mill a year after sacking Sir Bob.

Chelsea were in huge debt before Abramovic bought them but had won 2 FA cups and a cup winners cup during the time Shepherd was chairman at SJP.

Edited by PaddockLad

thats what i questioned.

7 years of top 6 finishes (not even in a row). how does that add up to 15 years of being one of the top teams in the country?

it's closer to home to say we punched above our weight for 7 seasons, after spending a hell of a lot of money.

just my opinion.

sorry, but your "opinion" counts for nothing when put against FACTS, which is that for the 15 years the Halls and Shepherd ran this football club, only 4 clubs qualified for europe more and achieved an average higher league position

lets not be silly now

a lucky cup run

fair play league

etc

Take your time.

Thats not really what I'm trying to say.

Possibly if we'd have been managed and run by more competent individuals the huge debt may have been rewarded with real success? e.g. Shepherd letting Souness loose with 40mill a year after sacking Sir Bob.

Chelsea were in huge debt before Abramovic bought them but had won 2 FA cups and a cup winners cup during the time Shepherd was chairman at SJP.

I've had the same discussions with people on NO about this, the simple fact is that they backed their manager . Would you rather they had not appointed a manager ? THEY made the appointment, so they are duty bound to back him. Only the 2nd and 3rd raters don't back their own appointments, like Mike Ashley hasn't done. You ought to be able to see this after the events of the last 2 years.

thats what i questioned.

just my opinion.

sorry, but your "opinion" counts for nothing when put against FACTS, which is that for the 15 years the Halls and Shepherd ran this football club, only 4 clubs qualified for europe more and achieved an average higher league position

so we had a decent run over 15 years

not for 15 years

we're still staring at an empty trophy cabinet

thats what i questioned.

just my opinion.

so we had a decent run over 15 years

not for 15 years

we're still staring at an empty trophy cabinet

ah, so you think it was shite then ? What do you think of the last 2 years then , just the same because there is no trophy ?

Are you one of those who think Keegan was a shite manager because he didn't win a trophy ? [unlike Steve McLaren and Joe Royle to name 2 ]. Do you think appointing trophy winners such as Souness, Gullit, Dalglish were good appointments or poor ones because they had won trophies, or no different to the appointments of Allardyce and Roeder who had not won trophies ?

Your whole stance falls down here. If you measure by trophies, it shows that you have zero understanding of the job done by the Halls and Shepherd. Newcastle United won the Fairs cup in 1969, but you can take my word for it that those players [and I've met all of them] did magnificently doing this while playing for a club which was run with little or no ambition, if they had had a board prepared to push for more they could have done much more too. There are only 3 domestic trophies, and 5 or 6 european qualification spots. The simple fact is that only 4 clubs did better than we did and for pretty much most of those 15 years the vast majority of other clubs would have swapped positions with us.

Edit.

Re the earlier comments about it being the players fault. The remit of the board is to provide their appointments with the resources to enable them to put together a team good enough to win trophies. Some of their appointments made a better job of this than others. Thats football. That is where it becomes the responsibility of the players. During the Keegan and Robson years, we had teams good enough to have won trophies. They came 2nd in the league twice, and reached 2 Cup Finals. They finished in high league postions lots of times. They played well in the Champions League. These are teams good enough to have won trophies. If they don't perform on the day, then it is the players to blame, and possibly the manager and coaching staff for bad selections, tactics, or whatever. You have to understand the difference here. Those directors gave all of their appointments the resources to do the job, that is what a good board does. A shite board does what Mike Ashley has done, what the predecessors of the Halls and Shepherd did, and what lots of other clubs around the country don't do. We had a board who wanted success and weren't afraid to reach out and go for it.

Real mediocrity and worse now awaits, until we find another board who want success like the last one did.

Edited by LeazesMag

I can't wait until we're back in the Premiership and the UEFA Cup again. You 2015 bandwagoners don't know what true mediocrity is.

it might be 2015 before we actually do match those shite owners the Halls and Shepherd.

i dont know why you keep going in to one about the halls and shepherd, i havent even mentioned them.

as for your points about previous managers, i'll tell you what. if we, as fans hadnt been so quick to call for the head of allardyce then we would be getting ready for another season in the premiership. keegan has done wonders for this club, but he's walked away too many times. he's a quiter, whether it hurts to say it or not. we've been far too quick to call for the heads of too many managers. as fans of this club, we have got to take some of the blame for this debacle. alan shearer next manager? relegation again. we need a manager like allardyce now. thats sweet irony, isnt it?

i dont know why you keep going in to one about the halls and shepherd, i havent even mentioned them.

as for your points about previous managers, i'll tell you what. if we, as fans hadnt been so quick to call for the head of allardyce then we would be getting ready for another season in the premiership. keegan has done wonders for this club, but he's walked away too many times. he's a quiter, whether it hurts to say it or not. we've been far too quick to call for the heads of too many managers. as fans of this club, we have got to take some of the blame for this debacle. alan shearer next manager? relegation again. we need a manager like allardyce now. thats sweet irony, isnt it?

A lot of truth in that to be honest.

I wouldn't say the fans of Newcastle Utd have called for their manager's heads any more than the majority of teams in the prem have or would've done in similar situations - the difference being that the press have made a lot out of us due to their fixation with us. I'm not going to talk about Keegan or Allardyce because anyone who thinks Keegan's a quitter or Allardyce is a decent manager doesn't know what they're talking about imo.

I wouldn't say the fans of Newcastle Utd have called for their manager's heads any more than the majority of teams in the prem have or would've done in similar situations - the difference being that the press have made a lot out of us due to their fixation with us. I'm not going to talk about Keegan or Allardyce because anyone who thinks Keegan's a quitter or Allardyce is a decent manager doesn't know what they're talking about imo.

im not a fan of allardyce or his style of football, but theres no denying that he gets the best out of teams on a very small budget.

again, we would still be in the premiership now if we hadnt got shut.

A lot of truth in that to be honest.

it needed saying. too many of our fans like with their heads in the clouds. we're only going one way at the moment, and thats down again.

Real mediocrity and worse now awaits, until we find another board who want success like the last one did.

You're almost certainly right in saying that, but for me it's the wrong reason.

Because of the 2007 credit crunch and the subsequent world recession (which was the precise point the club was sold to Ashley) the level of debt and player wages we've been carrying for the last few years means we would've almost certainly seen a financial meltdown at the club whether the Halls (did they see the shit approaching the fan and get out sharpish?...I'd say yes, and subsequently forced the ill at the time Shepherds hand when Ashley came calling) and Shepherd had sold the club or not. All our relative success over the Shepherd years was acheived entirely on borrowed money, as Ashley, fool that he is, has subsequently discovered.

I don't know if you'd rather suffer the ignomy of the club going tits up (if no buyer comes in thats where we're heading, Barclays will pull the plug on the overdraft currently financing the running of the club before you can say "Spanish brothel") for the sake of the few games in the champions league and a couple of FA cup final appearances, but that is what you seem to be suggesting? Correct me if i'm wrong in this assumption, but again with the benefit of hindsight, there may have been another way to build the club up after KK's first period as manager.

I've enjoyed the last 18 years as much as anyone, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see us play in the San Siro or the Nou Camp, but the price of that ticket may well be very high indeed.

Ashley has been an utter disaster for the club but for me it may well have happened anyway.The likes of Villa,Spurs,Everton and even bloody Fulham seem to be riding out the financial crisis in a pretty astute manner, but we've crashed and burned. Don't know if this is because we're just a sympton of all that is wrong in modern top level football or Shepherd really is the bullshitting buffoon he comes across as. I suppose time will tell.