The What Happens next round

Percy Street

We all think we know what is wrong, we all think we know what is needed. But what will actually happen next? I like the straw clutching theory that the apparrent transfer embargo (when sales are desperately needed to stop the ship from sinking) suggests at least the possibility of the keys being handed over. Also what has epitomised this regime is the absence of communication - they may well leave as they arrived (under radar) and this (please God) could happen at any time. But with the light at the end of the tunnel worryingly looking like it could be the League One Express what is actually going to happen.....?

Save for my straw clutching above players simply have to be sold ....and will be. Half a dozen or so will be moved out before end of August. We hope its the "deadwood" of Xisco, Geremi, Smith Barton but its as likely to be the Beyes and Bassongs which I suspect none of us want. Even Ashley (stick with me here) will see a need for some action but it won't be Shearer. Even Ashley (sorry again) won't be stupid enough to turn to JFK so in comes Venables or Curbishley (if they are stupid enough / down to their last million).

Not "inside" gossip of any knd - just what i see as entirely possible.

Thoughts?

We all think we know what is wrong, we all think we know what is needed. But what will actually happen next? I like the straw clutching theory that the apparrent transfer embargo (when sales are desperately needed to stop the ship from sinking) suggests at least the possibility of the keys being handed over. Also what has epitomised this regime is the absence of communication - they may well leave as they arrived (under radar) and this (please God) could happen at any time. But with the light at the end of the tunnel worryingly looking like it could be the League One Express what is actually going to happen.....?

Save for my straw clutching above players simply have to be sold ....and will be. Half a dozen or so will be moved out before end of August. We hope its the "deadwood" of Xisco, Geremi, Smith Barton but its as likely to be the Beyes and Bassongs which I suspect none of us want. Even Ashley (stick with me here) will see a need for some action but it won't be Shearer. Even Ashley (sorry again) won't be stupid enough to turn to JFK so in comes Venables or Curbishley (if they are stupid enough / down to their last million).

Thoughts?

your point regarding the embargo etc seems sound enough, but it all depends on whether Ashley is prepared to come down on the price - the biggest offer is less than £60m allegedly so thats another £40m hit.

He has a reputation for not backing down in business and unless the consortia are prepared to gamble more millions, then nowt is going to get sorted.

It's all brinkmanship at the moment - interested parties know Ashley is between a rock and a hard place and are hanging on in the hope that the nearer it gets to Aug 5th, the more likely he is to buckle - but MA doesn't buckle so its a stand off that does no one any good.

Every week that goes by is costing Ashley £2m approx so it can't go on forever, but whether common sense replaces stubborness and ego remains to be seen.

i'll tell you who i think is the next rising star as a manager, and i think he'd do a fantastic job

alan irvine

had many years as david moyes understudy at both preston and everton, and as much as we may not like to admit it, moyes is one of the best managers in the league. irvine took over preston when they were just above the relegation zone and almost got them in the play offs last season. after just 1 season, that is pretty impressive.

Thing is, you're wrong about the strength of MA's bargaining position; the value of this club is only going to go down. It's like a man trying to sell his house while it's on fire. He's not going to get extra pounds for that smoky smell.

Thing is, you're wrong about the strength of MA's bargaining position; the value of this club is only going to go down. It's like a man trying to sell his house while it's on fire. He's not going to get extra pounds for that smoky smell.

I feel hungry. :lol:

Every week that goes by is costing Ashley £2m approx so it can't go on forever, but whether common sense replaces stubborness and ego remains to be seen.

Thing is its not costing Ashley, its costing the club, its being added to the overdraft and sometime soon the bank is going to come knocking. As things stand there is no light at then end of the tunnel, if we continue on forking out that kind of figure every week then the overdraft must be increasing currently by at least £1.8m per week (totally guessed figure but I cant see us making enough sales of that yellow shirt and everything else to give us our cut of more than 200k per week).

So that means that in the last 9 weeks since the season ended we've added another 16m to the overdraft, yes the season ticket sales will have gone a long way towards it but watching nearly 2m going out each week with no sign of anything coming in and Barclays will pull the plug themselves.

Thing is its not costing Ashley, its costing the club, its being added to the overdraft and sometime soon the bank is going to come knocking. As things stand there is no light at then end of the tunnel, if we continue on forking out that kind of figure every week then the overdraft must be increasing currently by at least £1.8m per week (totally guessed figure but I cant see us making enough sales of that yellow shirt and everything else to give us our cut of more than 200k per week).

So that means that in the last 9 weeks since the season ended we've added another 16m to the overdraft, yes the season ticket sales will have gone a long way towards it but watching nearly 2m going out each week with no sign of anything coming in and Barclays will pull the plug themselves.

This is the bottom line.....Ashley's not putting another penny into the club, and we're on borrowed time with the bank.....I think buyers may be waiting for Barclays to pull the plug and come in when we are in receivership/administration or whatever the fuck out status will be then....debts get wiped out but we lose 12 points.....but Ashley will have fucked off to run up some more gambling debts somewhere else, the fat cunt :lol:

It begs the question of why is there not some kind of intervention by the a body such as the FA to mediate in this shambles. Any governing body must know its better to find a resolution before the club goes into administration as it has to widely recognized that this wanker is slowly but surely killing the club.

Interesting replies chaps, not a lot to cheer in there but I wasn't expecting that!

After posting my original mesage I'm still suspecting another caretaker but I was probably kidding myself over Venables or Curbishley. I see another poster talking about "rising stars" but like AC and TV they probably have other choices and why would anyone (bar the desperate in the JFK mould) choose here right now? We could end up with an O'Leary.

And as many others have said, precisely how is any of this drift, this death rattle of a broken club in the interests of Ashley? - he is reducing the worth of his own assets but God knows I think we've given up trying to work his headset.

Off to Bobby's game.............cheers

Percy

Interesting replies chaps, not a lot to cheer in there but I wasn't expecting that!

After posting my original mesage I'm still suspecting another caretaker but I was probably kidding myself over Venables or Curbishley. I see another poster talking about "rising stars" but like AC and TV they probably have other choices and why would anyone (bar the desperate in the JFK mould) choose here right now? We could end up with an O'Leary.

And as many others have said, precisely how is any of this drift, this death rattle of a broken club in the interests of Ashley? - he is reducing the worth of his own assets but God knows I think we've given up trying to work his headset.

Off to Bobby's game.............cheers

Percy

Have a good time, Percy.

Thoughts?

if we don't get sold, relegated again.