Lineker expects Shearer to be back on MOTD

Amir

"Gary Lineker expects his pal to be sitting next to him on the Match of the Day sofa, rather than in the Toon dugout.

BBC pundit Lineker said: "Shearer will be in the studio with us unless something dramatic happens.

"It is such a shame that a big club like that can be in a terrible mess. It is hard to know what will happen."

The Magpies remain in turmoil after Singapore-based Profitable Group yesterday pulled out of a deal to buy the club.

Lineker added: "I have spoken to Alan a couple of times. He doesn't know what's going on at the club.

"He has an incredible passion for the club and wants to get them back but he doesn't know who the owners are going to be. He is in limbo - no-man's land. But he'll be welcome back at Match of the Day."

The BBC's head of TV sport Philip Bernie said: "We expect Alan to be there as a pundit. That's the plan.

"We understand he is in a difficult situation which is not of his making - but he's got a contract with us and we expect him to return.

"He's been very reasonable with us and kept us informed of his situation. If he did decide to leave then that's something we would have to sit down and discuss with him and his representatives. But we don't envisage that happening."

Lineker, meanwhile, now fears for Newcastle's future. The Toon have a pre-season friendly at home to Leeds tonight after their 6-1 weekend thrashing at Leyton Orient.

Former Spurs and Leicester star Lineker added: "If Newcastle don't get their act together soon, they could find themselves getting a bad start to the season and it could go even more pear-shaped.

"Look at Leeds and where they have ended up.

"But once you slip from the Premier League it is really difficult.

"It is much harder than people think and it will be hard for Newcastle.

"Their opening game at West Brom will be very interesting."

Lineker was back in his home city yesterday for the Special Olympics GB National Summer Games.

Leicester is staging the week-long competition for 2,400 athletes with learning disabilities.

He said: "It is terrific and Leicester has done a great job. The Special Olympics is the poor relation to the Paralympics but it shouldn't be.

"A lot of parents have come up to us and said this is the best thing that has happened to their families' lives. It is a special event. Everyone has the right to play sport."'

Well not really surprising is it. :)

Edited by Amir

Can't say I'd blame him if he did, he's hung on for longer than they had a right to expect and he's been messed about all summer by the sound of it. It seems likely we'll start the season with Hughton, half a squad and the club in limbo; looks like the only way we'll get out of the CCC next season is to be relegated. Cheers Mike.

Reads to me like the BBC have a contract with Shearer (which we knew), if he's offered the job they'll have to discuss it (which we knew) and if nothing changes with the status quo he'll be a pundit (which we knew).

So to sumarise, the Journalists have nothing new to write about.

If Lineker knows so much how come the lazy cunt couldn't get his arse to SJP to partner Shearer up front on the weekend?

"Prior engagement" i.e. Nuts deep in his young bird.

Him and her are doing a travel programme where they tour Norn Iron, only being shown over here I think. After catching ten minutes of it I can see why.

If Lineker knows so much how come the lazy cunt couldn't get his arse to SJP to partner Shearer up front on the weekend?

"Prior engagement" i.e. Nuts deep in his young bird.

Him and her are doing a travel programme where they tour Norn Iron, only being shown over here I think. After catching ten minutes of it I can see why.

I saw them over here (outside the City Hall). When I asked around I was told they were doing the programme you're on about. I thought it sounded like a pretty bizarre (and shite) idea. Because it's them, not because of the locations. Saw a trailer for it the other day and it looks like that was a pretty good guess.

You back over here permanently now btw? I thought you were in London.

You can tell that he's been forced to do it in order to launch her TV career, otherwise the BBC wouldn't have touched it.

I was only in London for a couple of months before Christmas, since then I've spent about 6 months touring Britain's biggest shit-heaps. Back in NI at the minute but that's liable to change at any time.

To be honest the only edition of Match of the Day I will be watching next season will be the one just after Michael owen breaks his leg/snaps his cruiciate

:)

You can tell that he's been forced to do it in order to launch her TV career, otherwise the BBC wouldn't have touched it.

I was only in London for a couple of months before Christmas, since then I've spent about 6 months touring Britain's biggest shit-heaps. Back in NI at the minute but that's liable to change at any time.

northern exposure guff

this the programme?

looks top notch...........