Top Posters In This Topic

The only worry is that it's FFS

Give me him over Ashley any day!

Fool

Retard

Idiot

:lol:

:jesuswept:

Seriously, yes Ashley has fucked us over but the club is financially in a better situation than he found it (hard to believe I know but true)

Under Shepherd we would have got relegated due to administration points deduction when the club inevitably went bust

We were right on th edge when Ashley walked in

Actually I find all that very hard to believe.

Under Shepherd/Hall the debt and wage bill had become unsustainable, and all the income streams (sponsorship, future season ticket sales) had already been mortgaged

Administration was a virtual certainty if a sale didn't go through

By marrying the debt up to the shares Ashley has ensured that whoever next buys the club will buy it for its true net value and the debt will finally be "written off"

Under Shepherd/Hall the debt and wage bill had become unsustainable, and all the income streams (sponsorship, future season ticket sales) had already been mortgaged

By marrying the debt up to the shares Ashley has ensured that whoever next buys the club will buy it for its true net value and the debt will finally be "written off"

I don't really understand the full ins and outs of it but we're in at least as bad a position including financially as I see it because of the position the first team is in and the subsequent impact on revenue surely. Also, given we aren't privvy to the facts surrounding the 'sale' it's difficult to assess it but the true net value of something surely relates to what people are willing to pay. Unless you know something I don't and a sale has been agreed / is imminent.

But administration is an eventual certainty if we are not sold this time round as well, just in a division below.

Just as with the Halls, the cashflow situation is absolutely dire.

All this takeover talk, they are all laughing at us....

pointing%20with%20swords.jpg

I wonder how many heads that's chopped.

None, they use the Guillotine :jesuswept:

Someone needs to explain this argument that we were more fucked under FS.

I know what John is saying but if the rumours about £100m upfront + £100m paid back in full to Ashley once we (hopefully) get back in the PL then the club is totally fucked. On one side a buyer would be in a terrible position as any extra TV money would be more than eaten up and bang goes the money needed to strengthen the squad. In any case the buyer would have to be radio rental to agree to that. On the other side the price is so high no one will buy so we're stuck with an owner who's clueless when it comes to running a football club.

Someone needs to explain this argument that we were more fucked under FS.

I know what John is saying but if the rumours about £100m upfront + £100m paid back in full to Ashley once we (hopefully) get back in the PL then the club is totally fucked. On one side a buyer would be in a terrible position as any extra TV money would be more than eaten up and bang goes the money needed to strengthen the squad. In any case the buyer would have to be radio rental to agree to that. On the other side the price is so high no one will buy so we're stuck with an owner who's clueless when it comes to running a football club.

My decoding of the various rumours is that he has given 2 yrs after return to the PL to get his 100m back. You see how Mort was shall we say economical with the truth when he started babbling on about no debt? He should have said no external debt (even that is questionable).

Personally around 40m is a fair price for the club if you have to pay the debt back to MA against that tight schedule (2 yrs). Being in the PL all combined is worth an extra 60m to us across the board inc sponsorship and all that stuff. Unless someone buys the club and has about 300m ready to sink into it, buying at the window price of 100m doesn't make any sense.

Basically, we're better owing the debt to Ashley than to a 3rd party who is only interested in recovering their money and not interested in the residual value of the club. Ashley will have to balance both of these factors.

Basically, we're better owing the debt to Ashley than to a 3rd party who is only interested in recovering their money and not interested in the residual value of the club. Ashley will have to balance both of these factors.

Not in the sense that a 3rd party might negotiate a payback over longer terms ie 10 yrs.

That's only one aspect of our current financial situation though.

Not in the sense that a 3rd party might negotiate a payback over longer terms ie 10 yrs.

Good point that, it's not like a bank would demand it back overnight, is it?

Good point that, it's not like a bank would demand it back overnight, is it?

Banks always prefer longer terms so they can charge admin and interest.

Well the pay back term will have to be something to be negotiated, Ashley will have severe difficulty finding anyone willing to repay the £100m over a couple of years, in fact he'll have difficulty finding anyone willing to repay the entire loan at all I reckon.