FM2010

Nyff

Has only ever worked for me once on FM09. Might even try an ultimatum now if I get fuck all of the transfer fees from these sales. They are set to make about £2 Million, and bearing in mind there hasn't been a player bought for more than 28K in the last six seasons, it is about time they gave some money for..ur...'capital outlay' ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurrah! Money! Just spent the more money in 4 days than has been spent at Bristol Rovers in 6 years. Bought in two exciting regen strikers to replace the one I lost. Actually surprised myself that I could get them, but alas I now have a 22 Year Old Tunisian international who has 18 goals for his country, and a 17 year old Spaniard from Atlanta. 180K and 250K respectively. Could see them both becoming top class players. Should give a big mention to my sole scout who I signed recently who scouted out the Spanish player.

Just need a new DC/L if I can.

Edited by Nyff

Seriously fucking hate my Laptop. Not for the first time it has overheated and shut down as I was saving my FM game, meaning that I have to revert to the file I saved yesterday. That means I have to go through the 3rd round of the FA Cup again, and also means I have to work through my transfers in January too. Arghhh, very annoying!

I do have rolling autosave on, but it doesn't seem to save a backup that often. No real bother, though. Have made it to January and bought the two players I bought previously. Only problem is my Chairmen decided to accept offers for two of my CBs rather than one, so I need to buy a third player..

Feb with the MG update.

Sitting third on 59 points. Pool are away in front on 70.

Transfers are Ben Afra perm deal in Jan along with Lukaku and Fleck.

Out are Routledge to Southampton, Jonas to Arsenal and I managed to get 3 million for best. He did get about 12 games for me though.

Andy is banging them in 18 for the season including one that Just got Big Sam the sack for blackburn. ;)

Got promoted easily, and been pretty active in the transfer market. Got in a few decent freebies, players like Leon Osman, Daniel Van Buyten and a couple more. Bought a regen I had on loan last season, and a couple of other youngsters. Still not had significant financial backing, so going to struggle against relegation but hoping I can stay up so that I can build from there

Started the season with an emphatic 3-0 victory of Ipswich, so lets hope it keeps up!

Edited by Nyff

Had a great start to the season. 4 wins and 1 loss in my first 5 games. I'm strongly tipped to go straight back down, but if I keep this form up then I will be more than safe. Only problem is that my Spanish 17-year-old is the striker in form, and has been attracting attention from teams like Real Madrid. Might be a bit of a struggle to keep him, especially with my Chairman's affinity to accepting the majority of bids that come his way.

After a decent start, I've now gone on a three match winless run, which included Osman breaking his leg and considering early retirement :/ So on a bad run just as I experience my first proper Bristol derby. Only 13 games in, and in 6th place. Got to remember that I am meant to be battling against relegation, so anything above 21st is good for me!

Finished third with the toon first season. ;)

Have signed Hutton,Onuoha,Kameni and khedira on permanent deals and Jo on loan so far.

The Rat is also on his way in. Man U have been sniffing around Jose and upset him in January.

So this should give me two for each position.

Shola, Loven, Campbell, Big Willy have been shown the door. Still after takers for Simpson and Perch. Tiote is out on loan for the season.

Willing to give Gosling another season but I've not been impressed so far.

Last game of the season and i'm sat in 5th I've been hovering between there and 6th since January. Slight possiblity I can win the league.

tablelm.png

Sadly not of the teams above me face each other so I'll probably stay in 5th and play in the Uefa which still isn't bad.

Finished 4th, no complaints. CL cash for me.

tablehy.png

I'm in the FA Cup final too against Man Utd but even though I finished above them I'm not holding out much hope.

Just snuck it against Man Utd:

facupl.png

Edited by The Mighty Hog

been struggling to get into a toon game so I went to italy, took over my old favourites from CM 01/02 Lazio

predicted 9th with a pissweak defence to start with and a lot of those "ok" kind of players that you keep around without really wanting

sold a load of surplus and made 10mil

signed Rivas and Monzon (an old fav of mine at LB to replace kolarov) in the first window for 4mil overall and am sitting joint 1st with inter at the halfway point of the season

just signed Meireless from liverpool for 5mil meaning im still running a profit despite being far far ahead of where im meant to be

was second in the league with one game left, inter had won by a mile but I could still have finished outside the top 4 without a win

computer crashes :D been on insane form and now ive to go back god knows how far

ed: got 3 games left now instead, all teams around me so results could go either way, still not as bad as I thought it would be, virtue of autosaving fairly often

Edited by Andrew

Playing the dumbed down version on my iPad. Just for kicks, I chose Sunderland to see how quick I could get sacked. Im 28 games in have lost every one. Scored 3 with 92 against. I released their top players on a free and signed no one. I'm playing everyone out of position. The last board update said they were alarmed by the league position (rock bottom though it took 25 games to get below pompy) but encouraged by the finances (have cut the wage bill so much). Fuckers! :)

My career so far as of 9th august 2014

Started out at Lazio and after a brilliant first season, finishing 2nd in the league I went on to assemble one of the best squads I think ive had on this FM, alas the first season was the odd one out in my time there, despite the squad I struggled with really inconsistent league form finishing 8th and then 9th in the seasons afterwards, winning the italian cup in that third season kept me in my job

after a start that I deemed not good enough I resigned from Lazio in october of season 4, deciding I didnt deserve the payout (unlike so many toon managers of seasons past :) )

going unemployed for the remainder of the season and most of the season afterwards, despite being approached by quite a few clubs none really fit what I was after until Athletico Madrid came along just before their final match of the 2013/14 season against Numancia which we won 5-0 subsequently finishing 10th and relegating Numancia

when I signed I was given 38million to spend and immediately went about spending all of it on one player, one of my young lazio starlets Lancine Outtara who my scouts reliably informed me is one of the best CMs in the world at 19 (screenshot below) as we were woefully short of creativity in the middle

the summer afterwards having spent all their money I was given 1 million to spend but have still signed some valuable experience in Martin Demichelis at CB and picked up Alex Smithies, the england number 1 and equal to aguero and Outarra in ability terms according to my coaches, for free.

Winners of stuff

PL: Chelsea, man u, liverpool, city, chelsea

Toon finishes: 14th, 5th, 12th, 10th, 10th

CL: Barca, Sporting, Real m, real m, Juventus

euro 2012: England

WC 2014: Scotland

Ouatarra, one of the best regens ive ever had

Untitled-1.png