Graham 401 Roberts on Radio Newcastle tonight...

accadacca

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounded like a naive schoolboy - no chance of them taking over.

Then on came...................... Llambias - enough said. :D

Then on came................... Accadacca - enough said. :icon_lol:

He's just been on talksport, reckons out of a scale of 1 - 10 in terms of buying the club they are a 6, prattled on about the support they have received for their campaign, anyone buying a share in the club will get an annual dividend payment, and recommended people to visit their website www.fanbase410.com, which according to my browser isn't even active, impressive....... :lol:

I've yet to catch this bloke being interviewed, I missed the SSN one, radio Newcastle and now this but from what Im hearing he comes across as a muppet which is a shame because the actual plan they have seems (to my non expert eye) to be quite a good and workable one. Put it this way, no matter how much Ive googled and read up on the method I cant find anything which shouts "dont invest!"

Other than Mr Roberts of course, who seems to be doing his best to cock it up and for some reason this is springing to mind.

monorail.gif

What Id say is, ignore the muppet talking and wait and see what actually happens. It would be a shame if what may turn out to be a workable solution is tainted by the mutterings of the bloke fronting it.

I've heard a few people involved in NUSC who have seen the plans say it seems very workable and very smart, unfortunately Graham Roberts seems to be a media whore of the biggest kind.

Shouldn't they should just copy their idea and run with it themselves.

I've heard a few people involved in NUSC who have seen the plans say it seems very workable and very smart, unfortunately Graham Roberts seems to be a media whore of the biggest kind.

The NUSC couldnt run a bath ....

whey aye mate, like you're doing such a good job :lol:

I like how the people who organised NUSC can take criticism so well and don't just say "well you do better then".

I like how the people who organised NUSC can take criticism so well and don't just say "well you do better then".

So you point out the criticism in "couldnt run a bath", constructive criticism we can all take and do. Random baseless statements dont constitute crticism.

Don't get the hostility towards NUSC myself. Surely if all their trying to do is help the club then that's a good thing right?

So why do people feel the need to snipe at them?

Edited by JUICE690

Next question is "Well why dont you join , and make your views known " .... I think my ideas are a tad too revolutionary for the NUSC : )

so why dont you join up and make your vie....... oh fuck :lol:

lol ... i toyed with the idea ...until i heard a couple of the broadcasts of meetings at the Irish Club ... People saying ..Ooh we musn't upset Ashley ...lets not buy the pies FFS ...

A half-way house would be a supporter-funded bond. We know Moat does not have the means to buy and run the club out of his own cash and will need to work carefully with the banks. Instead he could replace this funding with supporter funding which would pay interest and could be rolled over at maturity. The bondholders would have no voting rights within the club but could receive the club (via a funding vehicle) in the event of financial difficulties. That way, supporters are paid back one way or another and it aligns the interests of equity holders and the debt providers.

Don't get the hostility towards NUSC myself. Surely if all their trying to do is help the club then that's a good thing right?

So why do people feel the need to snipe at them?

For all the shite they get I have never once heard a legitimate criticism levelled at NUSC. When Christmas Tree first signed up to this board his whole schtick was he was a sensible supporter who didn't like NUSC for X, Y and Z...then his first suggestion was they needed to buy a fucking pub :razz::lol: That's typical of their detractors.

I think NUSC are getting the same treatment that the Toon Ultras got when they were first set up. Now i'll hold my hands up and admit I layed into them, calling them kids, charvas, the works. I don't know why I had a go, it just seemed the fashionable thing to do. Now everyone accepts them and they do a bloody good job at raising the roof and pumping the atmos up.

I don't believe NUSC is omnipotent, far from it. There have been and still are some minor issues that need sorting and I believe will be but we'd been calling for something like this for years and it never happened. Now it has why not get behind it?

It's tragic for a club that invests so much in fan power that any grass roots movement gets shite slung at it for no legitimate reason.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Maybe. I'm just glad someone was prepared to get off their arse and try and do something positive. Irrespective of how effective it has or has not been.

The NUSC is impotent - thats the real problem ...

Do you really expect it to make a huge impact after only 12 months? NUSC is a long term venture, it's a supporters club as the name suggests and not just an Ashley pressure group.

Next question is "Well why dont you join , and make your views known " .... I think my ideas are a tad too revolutionary for the NUSC : )

so why dont you join up and make your vie....... oh fuck :razz:

lol ... i toyed with the idea ...until i heard a couple of the broadcasts of meetings at the Irish Club ... People saying ..Ooh we musn't upset Ashley ...lets not buy the pies FFS ...

Yep, NOBODY should have to deal with that kind of thing....no wonder you just decided to opt for the "do nothing" option.

Carry on your good work here on the forum. :lol: