Great article in 'The Times'.....

duo

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/200...e-manager-.html

Very well written.....it does make you think whether the supposed sale of the club was just a mere distraction whilst the club was asset stripped.

good article. nice to know that its not just us on this forum who have an incling of whats really going on

Very well written.....it does make you think whether the supposed sale of the club was just a mere distraction whilst the club was asset stripped.

where's the bit about asset stripping? As far as I can see Ashley has lost a bloody fortune at SJP and Barclay's want to make sure that Moat doesn't do the same with their dosh

Tbf, if Ashley does sell in the next few weeks, which is a big 'if' imo, he will be losing a fortune in the process. Only got himself to blame though.

where's the bit about asset stripping? As far as I can see Ashley has lost a bloody fortune at SJP and Barclay's want to make sure that Moat doesn't do the same with their dosh

You say this but I actually wonder how much he's actually put in to the club, I mean after gates and players sales. I know they say the club was originally bought for £134m but after that there's nothing really solid, certainly there doesn't seem to be and hard evidence of debts being cleared that I've seen (that could just be to a lack of looking though). If the amount of money he's made was put next to the cost I wonder what the final figure would be.

You say this but I actually wonder how much he's actually put in to the club, I mean after gates and players sales. I know they say the club was originally bought for £134m but after that there's nothing really solid, certainly there doesn't seem to be and hard evidence of debts being cleared that I've seen (that could just be to a lack of looking though). If the amount of money he's made was put next to the cost I wonder what the final figure would be.

No way has he made money out of NUFC man. And I despise the bloke.

Based on experience, I work on the assumption that he'll do the opposite of what he says he'll do.

He's definitely going to keep hold of us and hope to recoup some more.

And, also based on experience, he won't manage to do so.

Almost half of the people on here who voted want Hughton as manager. With such short sightedness, you wonder if many fans deserve what they get by being so myopic. Or are just fucking stupid.

Not quite, the alternatives in the poll were JFK, David O'Leary or the rather ambiguous 'anyone else' which isn't the same as wanting Hughton. It's just saying you might as well stick with him given the alternatives being bandied about. If you were as clever as you seem to think you are I wouldn't have had to point that out.

Almost half of the people on here who voted want Hughton as manager. With such short sightedness, you wonder if many fans deserve what they get by being so myopic. Or are just fucking stupid.

Hughton is a strong enough manager for the Championship.

When the alternatives are JFK or O'Leary (he actually turned us down didn't he?) who you gonna have?

I wonder if many fans deserve what they get, being so delusional.

Hughton is a strong enough manager for the Championship.

When the alternatives are JFK or O'Leary (he actually turned us down didn't he?) who you gonna have?

I wonder if many fans deserve what they get, being so delusional.

And if we do go up?

Agreed.

And, in a twisted way, it might be a good thing:

If Moat comes in, it will have mean we will have sold three players at least to make it possible, resulting in a dodgy season.

If Ashley stays, it will mean we don't necessarily have to sell anyone before Monday.

And let's not forget, loan deals and the signing of free agents can be done until September 8. I honestly think we can bring in five or six players then that will add much-needed depth to our squad.

Best case scenario - Ashley stays, we go up, then he sells and we're on a level footing.

Worst case - We sell more players, Moat comes in, we go down....God knows.

I really don't know anymore.

Agreed.

And, in a twisted way, it might be a good thing:

If Moat comes in, it will have mean we will have sold three players at least to make it possible, resulting in a dodgy season.

If Ashley stays, it will mean we don't necessarily have to sell anyone before Monday.

And let's not forget, loan deals and the signing of free agents can be done until September 8. I honestly think we can bring in five or six players then that will add much-needed depth to our squad.

Best case scenario - Ashley stays, we go up, then he sells and we're on a level footing.

Worst case - We sell more players, Moat comes in, we go down....God knows.

I really don't know anymore.

To my mind it's hard to imagine anyone more incompetent and disastrous for the club than Ashley. Even appointing a half decent manager would make a difference. If Ashley stays, you just know he's going to fuck up every big decision he has to make, starting with the manager.

not asset-stripping.

Ashley has lost big money with Newcastle, imo.

Everything Ashley's put into the club is as a loan.

He's not lost anything until he sells and writes off that money....which I don't think he'll do....or ever had any intention of doing.