KEVIN KEEGAN SEEKS £10m FROM NEWCASTLE

Christmas Tree

If this was involving any other club, I guarantee those who claim Keegan is a money-pinching bottler would claim he was only fighting for what he was entitled to.

I wish it didn't mean that it could possibly cost the club £10m but for fuck's sake, he is, sadly, entitled to it.

If he's not and that everything they say was in his contract actually was there, then it's an admission they're a bunch of lying cunts for telling us (via the press) that KK had the final say on transfers before this all kicked off.

Regardless of the outcome, our name is being dragged through the shit again. THAT's what I don't like and for that I blame Ashley, not Keegan. He had the chance to put it right 12 months ago. Waited another 7 months before dispensing with Wise though, didn't he?

Alan Curbishley?

Yeah, he's entitled to fuck all either

I wish I could leave my job in a childish strop and pocket £10m. Not to mention the same job I left in a childish strop 11 years ago. Gullible bastards, I could just take, take, take.

There's no way you'd beat McDonalds in court.

:)

Beaten!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most entertaining thread today.

Anyone who can hurt Ashley for what he has done is just fine by me, the man is a Giant Arsehole. If this does a little more damage to us in the interim so be it, but if any of you think this £10m would have been spent on the team then you are kidding yourself. However I do expect Ashley to rub our noses in this, and try and con fans that Keegan has damaged our chances of getting back to the PL (ignoring who took us down etc). Even if Keegan loses, Ashley will spin this hard.

If the terms of your job turn out out to be radically different to what you signed up to and you feel undermined and ignored then you are within your rights to kick up a stink, the stakes here are just a lot higher than most of us play.

Perhaps Keegan's biggest mistake was believing it would be like the good old days before the PLC. But he cannot have expected transfer matters to be conducted behind his back, by Dennis fucking Wise for fuck's sake.

Keegan might be a bit hot-headed and emotional but I think after SBR he has the most integrity of anyone involved with the club and next to the current ogres and oafs he is a fucking saint.

Its a tough one to call. On the one hand is your intelligent, reasoned argument sticking to whats actually happened and using common sense as well as simply backing a toon legend who's done more for this club than anyone in my time supporting the club, but there's also the counter argument from this thread of: OMG!!!LOL!11Keegan is a bottler!!11LOL

They're both compelling arguments, but i think i'm going to have to go with Trophyshy on this one!

Anyone who can hurt Ashley for what he has done is just fine by me, the man is a Giant Arsehole. If this does a little more damage to us in the interim so be it, but if any of you think this £10m would have been spent on the team then you are kidding yourself. However I do expect Ashley to rub our noses in this, and try and con fans that Keegan has damaged our chances of getting back to the PL (ignoring who took us down etc). Even if Keegan loses, Ashley will spin this hard.

If the terms of your job turn out out to be radically different to what you signed up to and you feel undermined and ignored then you are within your rights to kick up a stink, the stakes here are just a lot higher than most of us play.

Perhaps Keegan's biggest mistake was believing it would be like the good old days before the PLC. But he cannot have expected transfer matters to be conducted behind his back, by Dennis fucking Wise for fuck's sake.

Keegan might be a bit hot-headed and emotional but I think after SBR he has the most integrity of anyone involved with the club and next to the current ogres and oafs he is a fucking saint.

Its a tough one to call. On the one hand is your intelligent, reasoned argument sticking to whats actually happened and using common sense as well as simply backing a toon legend who's done more for this club than anyone in my time supporting the club, but there's also the counter argument from this thread of: OMG!!!LOL!11Keegan is a bottler!!11LOL

They're both compelling arguments, but i think i'm going to have to go with Trophyshy on this one!

No middle-ground then?

Keegan's achievements in propelling us from near oblivion to the level we reached were nothing short of immense. Doesn't stop him acting like a spoilt child though when he is told he can't have something though. Whether it be Signori, or the Milner money.

No middle-ground then?

Keegan's achievements in propelling us from near oblivion to the level we reached were nothing short of immense. Doesn't stop him acting like a spoilt child though when he is told he can't have something though. Whether it be Signori, or the Milner money.

The thing is one of the reasons Keegan was so admired (despite the ultimate failure) was that very emotional vulnerability you mention - his passion made the man - much like Robson.

What I would say is that most people when they are honest with themselves recognise their own failings which leads me to think that knowing exactly what people were going to say about him it just strengthens my view that the shit must have been mightily bad for him to "bottle it" this time around.

I realise there are arguments about his age and his financial status but I still think he wouldn't have gone without an immense amount of consideration.

No middle-ground then?

To be serious, there can be some middle ground i imagine!

But really its down to whether you think he was being a spoilt child/bottler etc. or that he (like alot of us i'd guess) wouldn't take the kind of crap he was getting from ashley, wise et al and so don't hold it against him at all for walking out.

Though as i've said in the past i wish he could have done it just 1 or 2 games later and we'd probably have stayed up and even though i think he should easilly win the case i'd rather he didn't just because we can't afford to lose anymore money from the club!

From The Times

September 15, 2009

Kevin Keegan begins bid for £8m compensation

George Caulkin

More than a year after his acrimonious departure from the club, Kevin Keegan’s case for constructive dismissal against Newcastle United finally began yesterday at a Premier League arbitration tribunal.

Amid positive noises regarding the long-running takeover saga at St James’ Park, Keegan’s claim for about £8million in compensation from Mike Ashley’s Newcastle regime was heard by an independent panel.

While Barry Moat’s attempts to buy the club from Ashley is not dependent on the result of Keegan’s tribunal - the Tyneside-based entrepreneur’s business model for the purchase is understood to take all possible eventualities into account - a successful resolution would remove a complication from a process that has been deeply convoluted.

Direct negotiations between Ashley and Moat are continuing, with the tone of the talks reported to be increasingly, if cautiously, optimistic.

Moat is the preferred bidder of Seymour Pierce, the investment bank - which has been required to sift through expressions of interest from 25 consortia, many of whom have been dismissed as publicity-seekers or time-wasters - hired by Ashley to complete a sale.

At issue has been the structure of payments to Ashley, who has been demanding £100m for the club, possible bonuses should they be promoted this season and Newcastle’s overdraft facility with Barclays.

Central to Keegan’s case is the role of Dennis Wise, Newcastle’s former Executive Director (Football), and the division of duties regarding player acquisitions. The former manager left the club early last September when Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez were signed on transfer deadline day, allegedly without his approval. Newcastle’s counter-argument is that Keegan breached his three-and-a-half-year contract by effectively resigning.

What followed was a period of turmoil, bitterness and uncertainty, which culminated in Newcastle’s relegation in May. Amid cost-cutting and job-losses, established names such as Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Sebastien Bassong and Damien Duff left the club over the summer, yet the team are unbeaten in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Newcastle have mustered five league victories and the same number of clean sheets in succession, a record for the club, but their squad remains desperately thin and Alan Smith’s dismissal at Cardiff City on Sunday will stretch Chris Hughton’s resources. Shola Ameobi, Jonas Gutierrez and Andy Carroll are all presently injured.

Hughton, Newcastle’s interim manager, has repeatedly expressed a wish for more loan signings to be made - only two new players have arrived since their demotion - and Kevin Nolan, the midfield player, has pleaded with the club’s ownership to do the same.

“Chris has managed to keep a group of players together, albeit that we need more people coming in,” Nolan said. “We know that and the board has got to start backing him. Chris has been asking for that for six or seven weeks, and we’ve been asking as well. He needs to be given the resources he requires to get us back to where we belong as quickly as possible. That is what is needed.

“This club shouldn’t be in this league, but it is and Chris is doing a fantastic job trying to get us out of it. I’ve got nothing but admiration for him. What happens upstairs has got nothing to do with us. All we ask is that they give Chris a bit of support because he deserves that at this moment in time. Takeovers can happen or they can’t, but Chris and Colin Calderwood need that support and so do the players.”

No middle-ground then?

But really its down to whether you think he was being a spoilt child/bottler etc. or that he (like alot of us i'd guess) wouldn't take the kind of crap he was getting from ashley, wise et al and so don't hold it against him at all for walking out.

Though as i've said in the past i wish he could have done it just 1 or 2 games later and we'd probably have stayed up and even though i think he should easilly win the case i'd rather he didn't just because we can't afford to lose anymore money from the club!

While I agree that Keegan had every right to walk out on the job I don't believe he should get compensated to the tune of £8m for it. I reckon the terms of his contract must have been pretty specific otherwise KK wouldn't be using Ashley's comments in programme notes to build his case.

No middle-ground then?

As has been said before though you don't really believe that the club will lose any money that would have been spent on it anyway do you? I hope Kev nails Ashley's nuts to the mast.

No middle-ground then?

So you've gone from saying he totally bottled it to suggesting there should be some middle ground when faced with a reasoned, informed argument?

Backpedal.jpg

No middle-ground then?

A "spoilt child" that was being consistently undermined, lied too and stopped from doing his job?

And Assley, Wise and co did such a sterling job of not consistently lying and misleading everyone and getting us relegated in the next 9 months didn't they?

As a Man U fan you probably don't care, but a lot of Newcastle fans still do.

I suppose the 'middle ground' is that in anything like this there is rarely one side that is 100% to blame and one side that is completely innocent over what went wrong. I think it's fairly obvious who's far more culpable in all this though. Wacky made a spot on comment about this a while back about how we were all disappointed at Keegan leaving etc. but about how it was obvious where the real fault lay.

No middle-ground then?

As has been said before though you don't really believe that the club will lose any money that would have been spent on it anyway do you? I hope Kev nails Ashley's nuts to the mast.

Oh I don't for a minute think if we lost £10m it would have been all going on players and then would all be gone on Keegan. However whatever Ashley plans to do or whatever the club plan to do should he leave, its far better for us to have that £10m than not have it on the balance sheet, theres no way we as fans will be better served by the club losing £10m.

If Keegan had been careful with his earnings down the years, taken some sensible investing advice, not wasted too much on a highfalutin lifestyle, for instance instead of fancy hotels he could sleep in his car now and then. If he hadn't sprayed his popcorn on circus endeavours. All those endorsements from Sugar Puffs and Brut all the cash from managing large clubs, the nation. All the royalites from his 'I would love it' lectures. If he had lived on Sugar Puffs and Brut and eaten off his wife's stomach, if he had caught the train to save on speeding fines, if he had bought some Wahl clippers and eschewed fashionable haircuts. If he had just done these things he would now be rich enough to but this club himself and save us all from this hideousness.

Short sighted imo. I hope he goes to jail.

If Keegan had been careful with his earnings down the years, taken some sensible investing advice, not wasted too much on a highfalutin lifestyle, for instance instead of fancy hotels he could sleep in his car now and then. If he hadn't sprayed his popcorn on circus endeavours. All those endorsements from Sugar Puffs and Brut all the cash from managing large clubs, the nation. All the royalites from his 'I would love it' lectures. If he had lived on Sugar Puffs and Brut and eaten off his wife's stomach, if he had caught the train to save on speeding fines, if he had bought some Wahl clippers and eschewed fashionable haircuts. If he had just done these things he would now be rich enough to but this club himself and save us all from this hideousness.

:D You Sir, are a visionary.

Hanging offense basically.

Is the irony deliberate? :D

No middle-ground then?

So you've gone from saying he totally bottled it to suggesting there should be some middle ground when faced with a reasoned, informed argument?

Backpedal.jpg

Where have I ever said he doesn't deserve credit for his achievements in propelling us to the level which we were?

Doesn't stop him being a bottler though when faced with strong rejection to his requests.

No middle-ground then?

Backpedal.jpg

Where have I ever said he doesn't deserve credit for his achievements in propelling us to the level which we were?

Doesn't stop him being a bottler though when faced with strong rejection to his requests.

you should be a spin doctor.

KEVIN KEEGAN HAS EMAIL AMMO FOR TOON FIGHT

Court will see messages from Newcastle owner Mike Ashley

KEVIN KEEGAN SEEKS £10m FROM NEWCASTLE

KEVIN KEEGAN is set to unveil damning emails his legal team believe will prove Newcastle owner Mike Ashley made his position untenable.

Keegan's bitter case with his old bosses kicked off last week with the former Toon hero bidding for £10million in compensation.

The manager tagged The Messiah walked out a year ago after clashes with Ashley appointees Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez.

Ashley in turn is claiming £2m for breach of contract but sources close to Keegan have revealed he has emails that could blow the Sports Direct owner's case out of the water.

A source said: "There are emails people have never seen. If the truth comes out about what went on, then Ashley and Wise will be decimated. The last thing Kevin wanted to do was walk out but his position was impossible."

The case is being heard by a panel of three experts at a Premier League tribunal. All parties have signed a statement that they will not leak information.

That was as a direct result of Ashley's team turning to the media to defend their position after a vitriolic reaction from Toon supporters when Keegan left.

But Sport of the World has learned that Ashley is so determined to battle Keegan he has turned to top lawyer Graham Shear.

Ashley's desire to fight the case is a further indication he intends to stay in charge at the club he bought for £134m two years ago.

Sources close to the sportswear magnate believe he is "99 per cent certain" to keep the club despite Barry Moat's consortium having assembled the required £100m.

Debts are now under control, the wage bill has been slashed to £30m and the overdraft is now manageable for Ashley.