Blackpool vs Newcastle United

Tom

Sounded to me like, if anything, Blackpool were holding on (difficult to tell from just the radio obviously) but perhaps it was a case of switching to 4-4-2 far too late and not asking enough questions of their defence rather than fatigue on our part.

Not really. There were massive gaps at the back for Blackpool from word go - we just couldn't exploit them because we only had one (not very good) man up front.

A good example of this is that we only had two attacks in the first half. One produced a goal and the other produced a stonewall penalty shout and a free header in front of goal for Butt that should've been a goal.

Blackpool played 4-3-3 and kept attacking until the end, it's just that we exploited the gaps more in the last 10 minutes.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded to me like, if anything, Blackpool were holding on (difficult to tell from just the radio obviously) but perhaps it was a case of switching to 4-4-2 far too late and not asking enough questions of their defence rather than fatigue on our part.

Not really. There were massive gaps at the back for Blackpool from word go - we just couldn't exploit them because we only had one (not very good) man up front.

A good example of this is that we only had two attacks in the first half. One produced a goal and the other produced a stonewall penalty shout and a free header in front of goal for Butt that should've been a goal.

Blackpool played 4-3-3 and kept attacking until the end, it's just that we exploited the gaps more in the last 10 minutes.

Because we brought a forward on in the last 10 minutes maybe and went to 4-4-2?

What a twat.

A twat is someone who questions the ability of our keeper for conceding a goal when, by rights, he could've conceded eight in a single half.

He wasn't really questioning the ability of Harper, he was just stating he could've done better on that save.

He was asking whether we attacked more late on because either a) Blackpool were holding on or :lol: because we changed our formation.

I was merely saying it was b and not a.

Alright with you? :D

He was asking whether we attacked more late on because either a) Blackpool were holding on or :lol: because we changed our formation.

I was merely saying it was b and not a.

Alright with you? :D

I know what I was posting thanks :lol: Besty was right tbh.

He wasn't really questioning the ability of Harper, he was just stating he could've done better on that save.

And that's fair enough, but there's a difference between criticising how a player did when he's already had a shit/anonymous game and when he's having a great game.

And when you make that criticism having not seen the game in the first place, so without context, it makes you look a bit silly.

And that's fair enough, but there's a difference between criticising how a player did when he's already had a shit/anonymous game and when he's having a great game.

And when you make that criticism having not seen the game in the first place, so without context, it makes you look a bit silly.

Keep digging :D

Winged monkeys at the ready!! :D