Pompy are soooooo fucked!

dbsweeney

If he was pushing a book or a media deal, I'd understand the timing, but it's like he's deliberately fucking Over a club that extended his playing career and seemed to treat him well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's owed money then he's every right to go after it.

He's probably been trying to sort this out for months prior but as they edge closer to administration legal action is his best bet.

He's already got enough money to last him several lifetimes. If he's hammering the final nail in Portsmouth's coffin then it's not right at all.

If he's owed money then he's every right to go after it.

He's probably been trying to sort this out for months prior but as they edge closer to administration legal action is his best bet.

He's already got enough money to last him several lifetimes. If he's hammering the final nail in Portsmouth's coffin then it's not right at all.

I'm not one to stick up for overpaid players but if he's contractually obliged to said payment he's every right to go after it regardless of his current wealth.

Should Pompy go under it's fuck all to do with Campbell and his paltry £1.7 million and everything to do with the £60+ million debt that silly sods such Al-Fahim, Al-Faraj, Redknapp, Storrie, Gaydamak etc. have ran up rendering the club effectively insolvent.

If we were that close to administration and Owen turned round and sued us for a couple of million he was owed then would you be saying the same?

I'd be livid but I wouldn't be surprised. And I would blame the overspending of the Shepherd regime

If we were that close to administration and Owen turned round and sued us for a couple of million he was owed then would you be saying the same?

Of course not but it wouldn't be his fault.

Anyway, it works both ways. The majority of our fans had no problems with Keegan suing for stuff such as future loss of earnings this summer.

They should have looked after the books instead of foolishly putting together a decent team that won the FA Cup and qualified for europe [taking the piss in case one or two obvious candidates think I'm being serious here]

Of course not but it wouldn't be his fault.

Anyway, it works both ways. The majority of our fans had no problems with Keegan suing for stuff such as future loss of earnings this summer.

Two totally different cases tbf.

And Owen would be blameless for the timing of his claim?

He wouldn't be blameless but he would have every right to expect to be paid what was owed to him and the blame lies solely with any football club that is writing cheques they can't afford.