Curries

Park Life

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kashmiri!

Cheers fella. I knew it was an instantly recognizable name but couldn't remember it at all. A lad is off out with his new bird and he doesn't like anything too spicy so I've given him a few options, just needed it's name :lol:

has resurrecting this thread made anyone else incredibly hungry?

That and Malayan is the most vile creation known to mankind, and certainly not worthy of the label curry. Watch you don't get diabetes from it. :ithankyou:

Kashmiri!

Cheers fella. I knew it was an instantly recognizable name but couldn't remember it at all. A lad is off out with his new bird and he doesn't like anything too spicy so I've given him a few options, just needed it's name :lol:

has resurrecting this thread made anyone else incredibly hungry?

That and Malayan is the most vile creation known to mankind, and certainly not worthy of the label curry. Watch you don't get diabetes from it. :ithankyou:

People who eat soppy 'sweet' curries are seriously missing out on a world of discovery.

Makhani (sp?) might be up your street Ant. Mild as owt but not overly sweet as I remember it.

Got a right hankering for a curry tonight now :lol:

Makhani (sp?) might be up your street Ant. Mild as owt but not overly sweet as I remember it.

Got a right hankering for a curry tonight now :ithankyou:

Cheers i'll have a nosey at the menu and see if they do it.

Edit> just googled that, i tried that on a stag do in Edinburgh in a nice indian we went to, i think they called it "butter chicken" was sort of like a spicy(well not to spicy) tomato base to it, was nice seeing as i like Italian best.

Jesus wept man get a jalfrezie down you. Butter chicken ffs. :lol:

Got a right hankering for a curry tonight now <_<

Cheers i'll have a nosey at the menu and see if they do it.

Edit> just googled that, i tried that on a stag do in Edinburgh in a nice indian we went to, i think they called it "butter chicken" was sort of like a spicy(well not to spicy) tomato base to it, was nice seeing as i like Italian best.

Jesus wept man get a jalfrezie down you. Butter chicken ffs. :ithankyou:

:icon_lol: nothing to do with them being hot, just hate the taste..

I don't like mayo either, but i bet you love it...all white and creamy eh? :lol:

I was joking to an extent. Nothing worse than a curry bragger.

Still, spicey food is an acquired taste to an extent (not many kids like it). You run the risk of depriving yourself of some of the nicest food around by being fussy really.

was a lad on that stag do who got some ridiculously hot curry, the waiter actually warned him that even the chef doesn't like it and only tastes it once a month to make sure it was up to snuff...

shoulda seen the state of him, couldn't handle anything rest of the night sat and drank milk.

Milk is only a very short-term answer, the stomach will actually produce more acid within 90 minutes of drinking milk than normal. Water is better even though milk gives immediate relief.

was a lad on that stag do who got some ridiculously hot curry, the waiter actually warned him that even the chef doesn't like it and only tastes it once a month to make sure it was up to snuff...

shoulda seen the state of him, couldn't handle anything rest of the night sat and drank milk.

Milk is only a very short-term answer, the stomach will actually produce more acid within 90 minutes of drinking milk than normal. Water is better even though milk gives immediate relief.

Water can make it worse in the short term as well though by spreading the pain around.

Anybody that eats 'Curry Hell' or similar deserves all they get. One of my old mates was taken into hospital in agony after eating two thalis in the same day, daft twat.

Still, spicey food is an acquired taste to an extent (not many kids like it).

Aye. Get them used to it early with kormas and the like, it's what my parents did.

(Then "accidentally" order them a Curry Hell one day. :lol:)

Aye. Get them used to it early with kormas and the like, it's what my parents did.

(Then "accidentally" order them a Curry Hell one day. :icon_lol:)

aye i think that's it tbh, rest of my family are really bland eaters, wouldn't eat any sort of pasta or the like even, so never really had anything with "flavour" when i was a kid i guess :lol:

I've got news for you Ant, pasta's fairly bland :ithankyou:

I use those jars of curry paste from Patak's. Work pretty well, you can hoy whatever you want in then stir in the paste. :lol:

At the moment I'm a fan of making keema curries. Put in a few chopped up bird eye chillies to give them a little kick.

Banana is the best thing to kill the burn. Which is why that Kasmiri is so mild on the tongue.

Surely it's because it doesn't have any chillies in it.

(Then "accidentally" order them a Curry Hell one day. :lol:)

My Mam couldn't stand the smell of curry so I never had one as a kid - I thought curry started and ended with the shite you get on chips in chip shops.

Started going for curries with mates and the first few times I got a steak but then started dipping into theirs to see what I liked. Now I generally have a Jalfrezi or a Korai.

I must admit to feeling jealous after hearing mates who lived near Ocean Rd in Shields as kids saying how they used to take pans down to the shops and get them filled for their teas for next to nowt.

Aye, that would be lovely. The one in newsham more precisely, came second in Houses of Parliament curry competition.

I'm fucking dribbling here man.

Aye, that's the one.

I WANT A FUCKING CURRY.

BASTARDS!

Literally almost the best thing about being back in Blighty...Already been up East London for a couple of good nosh outs. Real fucking curry at last!!!!

...and humus, missed humus a great deal and those little bean salad things from m&s to pack inside...Oh and tea, real tea...

Edited by Park Life

I WANT A FUCKING CURRY.

BASTARDS!

Literally almost the best thing about being back in Blighty...Already been up East London for a couple of good nosh outs. Real fucking curry at last!!!!

...and humus, missed humus a great deal and those little bean salad things from m&s to pack inside...Oh and tea, real tea...

Why couldn't you make hummus, oh great chef?! It's only got about 4 things in it!

Bloody moaning ex-pats!

I WANT A FUCKING CURRY.

BASTARDS!

Why couldn't you make hummus, oh great chef?! It's only got about 4 things in it!

Bloody moaning ex-pats!

Thinking of getting a pasta making thing.

Anybody that eats 'Curry Hell' or similar deserves all they get. One of my old mates was taken into hospital in agony after eating two thalis in the same day, daft twat.

Did they hose him down afterwards?