My eye infection.

Park Life

Had it since Sat. At first it felt like there was something in my left eye....Gave it loads of eye baths and it felt a little better...Today it seems to have come up a bit and is giving out some kind of yellowey stuff.....However going to a German doctor is probably worse than getting your fingers trapped in a car door.

Leave it another few days?

Go to doc?

Ignore it and pretend all is fine?

Chloramphenicol ointment (Sold in the UK as Optrex infected Eyes) is the business.

I had a bad case 2 or 3 years ago and since then have had a few re-occurences but the onitment sorts it out almost instantly.

They may try and palm you off with the drop form of it which may work for some people but as I said the ointment is brilliant.

Chloramphenicol ointment (Sold in the UK as Optrex infected Eyes) is the business.

I had a bad case 2 or 3 years ago and since then have had a few re-occurences but the onitment sorts it out almost instantly.

They may try and palm you off with the drop form of it which may work for some people but as I said the ointment is brilliant.

If only I could read that. :)

*Cheers will go and get some today.

Eye infections are like any other infection. Some anti-biotic eyedrops will sort it out. Not sure why you would go through the pain and risk of leaving it for the sake of a £5 bottle of drops?

Didn't say I'd leave it for a bottle of drops dd I. Just don't want to end up in the wrong queue at the docs and get gassed.

Eye infections are like any other infection. Some anti-biotic eyedrops will sort it out. Not sure why you would go through the pain and risk of leaving it for the sake of a £5 bottle of drops?

Didn't say I'd leave it for a bottle of drops dd I. Just don't want to end up in the wrong queue at the docs and get gassed.

I remember my sheer joy at finding a doctor in Hamburg who actually prescribed pills for things rather than trying to cure you with mint leaves, yoga and positive thinking. Naturally, he wasn't German. :)

I remember my sheer joy at finding a doctor in Hamburg who actually prescribed pills for things rather than trying to cure you with mint leaves, yoga and positive thinking. Naturally, he wasn't German. :)

:)

Krankenhause might be better....?

Go to the docs. Bloke I know just had the same and it turned out to be an ulcer on his eye. Currently has to go to the hospital every day to get it cleaned. Could just be dirt, but who knows.

Go to the docs. Bloke I know just had the same and it turned out to be an ulcer on his eye. Currently has to go to the hospital every day to get it cleaned. Could just be dirt, but who knows.

This sounds really scary. Thanks. :)

Doubt you can buy chloramphenicol OTC in Germany, so you'll have to brave the Kraut docs. Antibiotics don't usually work for infectious conjunctivitis anyway because it's usually viral, but in your case it does sound like it may be bacterial. Get it sorted.

Doubt you can buy chloramphenicol OTC in Germany, so you'll have to brave the Kraut docs. Antibiotics don't usually work for infectious conjunctivitis anyway because it's usually viral, but in your case it does sound like it may be bacterial. Get it sorted.

Cheers.

Will try the chemist first, then give it another day, then the mint tea.....then the docs. I really hate going to the doctor. Will he take blood or anything like that? :) :)

Cheers.

Will try the chemist first, then give it another day, then the mint tea.....then the docs. I really hate going to the doctor. Will he take blood or anything like that? :) :)

No, he'll give you a thorough eye examination to rule out a serious cause such as glaucoma. But being German there'll probably be some bum fun involved.

Thing is, it's probably an eye infection and you'll have to get this treated in any case. Here in the UK we allow pharmacists to sell all sorts of things to ease the strain on the NHS. Southern Europe is even worse, they openly sell antibiotics there to any Tom, Dick, or Harry. However, I think they're more strict in Germany.

Cheers.

No, he'll give you a thorough eye examination to rule out a serious cause such as glaucoma. But being German there'll probably be some bum fun involved.

Thing is, it's probably an eye infection and you'll have to get this treated in any case. Here in the UK we allow pharmacists to sell all sorts of things to ease the strain on the NHS. Southern Europe is even worse, they openly sell antibiotics there to any Tom, Dick, or Harry. However, I think they're more strict in Germany.

Cheers mate.

Docs in the morn. :icon_lol:

Speaking of eyes, about a month ago the top of my right eyelid was red... then it went to the top of my left eyelid... then went to the bottom of my right eye. Now I have a bastard stye on top of my right eye! Doesn't hurt luckily but looks pretty shit.

Edited by Southern Geordie

This sounds really scary. Thanks. :)

It was :)

He was coming back from holiday and got an itchy eye while in the airport. Was rubbing it as you do and got some drops from there. He put them in and by the time he got home he could barely open his eye. Went straight to the hospital when he got home and they said if he hadnt he could have lost it (well, his sight, not the whole eye). Had to put these drops in his eye every 30mins (not sure how long for) plus his daily visit. He's fine now like, but its best to be safe like, esp when its your eyes.

Went to the pharmacist and got an alternative (seemed to sneer at the English version :) ).

Cheers NJS and Rents.

I agree with Renton that it's most likely bacterial cojunctivitis. However, my concern with chloramphenicol being available over the counter is that most people won't follow it up with a trip to the optician to check the underlying cause. What if it is viral? Or an ulcer? What if it comes back?

I agree with Renton that it's most likely bacterial cojunctivitis. However, my concern with chloramphenicol being available over the counter is that most people won't follow it up with a trip to the optician to check the underlying cause. What if it is viral? Or an ulcer? What if it comes back?

I guess I could fuck my way through blind school.