Sponsorship

Craig

With the NR deal running out at the end of this season and with Ashley seemingly keen to hang on to us to see if we can achieve promotion, what kind of sponsorship agreement can people see us ending up with from next season?

Can't see any company or establishment of any credance wanting to stick their logo anywhere near our shirts. We'll probably end up with some local company that'll barely stick cash anywhere near the club.

Only benefit I can see in that for him is if he is intending to sell up and signs up to a long sponsorship deal prior to the sale.

that would probably require him to put money in though rather than raking in cash from as big a sponsor as he can get

Depends on the deal he agrees with himself surely? :)

If 'Sports Direct' sign a deal to sponsor NUFC for 5 years at the sum of £1000 a year, he's laughing, isn't he?

I'd take that if it meant a sale. Also, you'd then (hopefully) have everyone who hates NUFC boycotting the place as well as everyone who supports NUFC.

I thought I'd read NR are going to continue :) I'm sure I did. Unless it was in a dream :)

They said they'd continue to sponsor us until the end of the current deal, I don't think they've said anything about what they'll do after that.

If 'Sports Direct' sign a deal to sponsor NUFC for 5 years at the sum of £1000 a year, he's laughing, isn't he?

I'm guessing there's a law against that sort of thing, no idea what it is but I'd like to think there's one.

I'm guessing there's a law against that sort of thing, no idea what it is but I'd like to think there's one.

You'd like to think so but if there's any possibility of a loophole, you can imagine that scabby bastard finding it... :)

Viz, specifically Cockney Wanker.

Actually, anyone know if Viz has had a pop at Ashley? I don't read it anymore 'cos it's shit, obviously. :)

Edited by trophyshy

Can see that, can't you?

newcastleunitedgreggs.gif

I like it :)

... more likely to get a debt consolidation finance company though.

Too reminiscant of Greenalls for my liking.

I'd take that if it meant a sale. Also, you'd then (hopefully) have everyone who hates NUFC boycotting the place as well as everyone who supports NUFC.

It'd be an interesting challenge for those who simply must have the new shirt every season, dahling.

Thankfully, we're pretty safe from LardAsh putting 'Sp****Di***t' on our shirts for a nominal fee, due to the fact he's doing his best to get rid of the club, not hinder a potential sale any further.

Kiss of death there like Snakehips.

Surely if he does that he's just reducing the value of the club. instead of having £xm a year we have £1k. Basically he would be taking value out in kind (free advertising) rather than cash (revenue or a more valuable club if he sells). Of course we'd still be stuck with it on the front of our shirts