The Guitar Thread

Tom

On 03/04/2021 at 14:03, Tom said:

In fairness I think a lot of people have done it. There’s a Mr Sparkle 808 & another reverb from a separate company.

Go for it :lol: 

Thanks for this Tom. I've just had 24h of getting brigaded by the GojiraFX fanclub. Turns out they're also based in Scotland and quite precious about the idea that another Scot would have the audacity to take an image from a Simpsons episode and put it on something that resembled an overdrive pedal. 

Last fucking time I listen to you. (Actually I don't mean that, the daft bastard shared my listing to his 6k followers. More ideas like that please!)

Aye, tbf I missed the first half of it kicking off and woke up to a few bizarre messages accusing me of nicking their Intellectual Property.

It's all good though, kept me entertained on an otherwise uneventful Thursday. Best part is I only made four and gave two of them away to Simpsons fanatic friends, had no real intention of making more anytime soon. 

Aye Jim Morrison had a point, people are fucking strange. We all have our moments tbf. Given that they're also Scottish (which weirdly seems to be main point of contention) I'm fairly confident it's a non-issue that could be easily solved over a whisky and a quick chat to guage how many generations back our families are probably connected.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Andrew said:

New Spiritbox albums been out for a couple of weeks, absolute banger in my book.

Heavy as shit in some places, almost poppy in others.

Not really my cup of tea but refreshing to see a Canadian metal band that doesn't involve Jeff Waters or Devin Townsend and isn't Voivod I guess.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

For fucks sake :lol: 

Thats too funny for a fart joke. Wet/dry has me in bits :lol: 

Did you ever see the Anderton’s “Miku” video?

Aye, the wet/dry switch is really what made it for me (engaging my inner 12yo).

It definitely stinks of that Miku video.

I was after a NUX Steel Singer as Guitar Guitar couldn’t honour my first order but they didn’t have one in stock.

So I picked up this instead. Really nice, fun pedal.

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

I was after a NUX Steel Singer as Guitar Guitar couldn’t honour my first order but they didn’t have one in stock.

So I picked up this instead. Really nice, fun pedal.

Not got a bad word to say about Keeley but isn't the Steel Singer a Dumble in a box and a bit far removed from a delay/reverb?