The Guitar Thread

Tom

44 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When my nippers were little Mrs.F. had this app that played an annoying-as-almighty-fuck cartoon toothbrush singing some song about brushing their teeth for 2 minutes to get them to brush for that length of time. 
It near drove me insane every morning, until I realised Blitzkrieg Bop was 2 minutes long and they much preferred it. 

:lol: Punk toothbrushing rocks 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

You could play that twice and still be within the time limit for a Eurovision song. Don't suppose you fancy a trip to Turin? :D

I’ll stick another chorus and a middle 8 in. 

Let’s go :lol: 

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When my nippers were little Mrs.F. had this app that played an annoying-as-almighty-fuck cartoon toothbrush singing some song about brushing their teeth for 2 minutes to get them to brush for that length of time. 
It near drove me insane every morning, until I realised Blitzkrieg Bop was 2 minutes long and they much preferred it. 

:lol: Punk toothbrushing rocks 

Sure I've also had to endure that bastard tooth brushing version of Blitzkrieg Bop. Memories of those Vtech Leap-pads or something similar.

Double edged sword like. On one had it's cool that there's more generations getting exposed to that stuff. On the other hand, it's hard not to pity the generations that hear the Ramones and think "fucking hell, that's a weird version of the toothbrushing song. Didn't know they had smartphones in the 70s."

Paul Gilbert is the only cunt I'd forgive for trying to plug a Christmas album in early November.

Mate of mines recently got back into playing guitar and asked me the other what guitar albums he's missed since our teens. Without thinking I said Gilbert's "Fuzz Universe" and I've not heard from him for a few weeks. I like to think he liked it but it's more likely he heard the title track and decided on a different hobby.

• Haha 1

Fuzz Universe is mint tbh :lol:

Aye I don’t really think there’s a good time to plug a Christmas album if it’s going to be full length. 

Bonamassa put a decent one out like & Bob Dylan’s effort was “something”

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fuzz Universe is mint tbh :lol:

My third born is autistic and still totally non verbal (nearly 5). He fucking loves that record more than me. And not through my over playing either, first time I'd put it on since he was born he just downed tools and stared at the stereo with this massive cheshire cat grin. 

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

christmas....

Bonamassa put a decent one out like & Bob Dylan’s effort was “something”

I can't be arsed with Christmas songs for the most part. Bar that Tim Minchin one that I can't listen to without fucking crying.

• Like 1

Yeh the Bonamassa one is just blues standards with a couple of licks thrown in so he gets away with it. I’ll be forgiving of Gilbert I reckon purely because I know he’s going to nail it. 

It’s class that your son likes that record, hopefully he starts playing some day!

Can't remember if I've mentioned this on here before, but anyone watched any of Tom Bukovac on YouTube? Ridiculous Nashville session player who got into doing short lesson videos in the first lockdown and has stuck at it and built a decent following. Some of his lessons are great. 

He's just released a guitar instrumental album on Bandcamp which is class. 

Anyway, the below is not an example of him at his finest or anything, more just a link to his channel which is well worth checking out. He's basically The Big Lebowski with a guitar. 

• Like 1

So the makers of my favourite metal album from last year have just released a "live" album they did as a stream during covid. Anyway, highly recommend the album, highly recommend the live show, probably not to the taste of anyone else on the board but they're posting "metal" in the music thread so you never know :razz: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

So the makers of my favourite metal album from last year have just released a "live" album they did as a stream during covid. Anyway, highly recommend the album, highly recommend the live show, probably not to the taste of anyone else on the board but they're posting "metal" in the music thread so you never know :razz: 

Davie Provan's metal band. 🤣 

Actually didn't realise they were still together. Not my usual cup of tea but don't mind them. Got a few good mates really into that scene. Plus they're local so fair play to them.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I’m sure you lads have been waiting with baited breath for an update on Fist Jnr’s progress twiddling strings. :lol:

He’s now nailed the Seven Nation Army that he asked his teacher about, but, more importantly (to me, anyway) he’s been discovering guitar bands of his own accord. 

I had a chat with him the other day and he showed me bands he’s found that he likes - Hendrix, Nirvana, Stevie Ray ( via Hendrix), The Stooges, and Nick Cave. 

He’s 11. 

I nearly wept with pride :lol:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20211124-120136_Instagram.thumb.jpg.feffa33c950df64111816da866675e60.jpg

That's terrible they can get away with this but possibly also something to do with a lack of attentive staff for Guitarguitar?

I get people rate PRS Guitars but that thing looks like a 70s kitchen benchtop.

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20211124-120136_Instagram.thumb.jpg.feffa33c950df64111816da866675e60.jpg

They’ve got previous, saw similar on Twitter months ago from a guitar shop, high end axe nicked, definitely same crew, unless there is a plague of asiatic women nicking guitars.