peasepud

BARNSLEY v

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Coca-Cola Championship

Oakwell

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Kick-off 3pm

TEAM NEWS

Kevin Nolan returns from his one-game suspension leaving only Joey Barton (foot) and Haris Vuckic (knee & ankle) sidelined.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it amusing that Barton was touted as what should have been one of our better players in this league and yet we've managed pretty well without him, i hope someone takes him off our hands soon enough (though I can't see it happening anytime soon without him getting a few games under his belt).

I wonder who they'll partner Ameobi up front with?

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Fabrice Pancrate, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Zurab Khizanishvili, Marlon Harewood, Danny Simpson, Nile Ranger, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Fabrice Pancrate, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Zurab Khizanishvili, Marlon Harewood, Danny Simpson, Nile Ranger, Peter Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi

Looks like Benitez has taken over and we're rolling with the rotation policy for this one.

---Harper---

---Raylor---Saylor---Coloccini---Enrique---

---Pancrate---Butt ©---Smith---Gutierrez---

-------------Nolan-------

-----Carroll-------------

Whats up with Simpson? Why change the back four thats done so well unless he is carrying a knock?

Why oh why keep ARSE in the side AND make him captain for fuck sake? I though CH had realised he had done a good thing by leaving ARSE out the side and making smith the captain? Fuckin baffles me.

Glad pancrate is getting another start, pace down both flanks is going to be key today.

1-2

Carroll

Nolan

Edited by Geordie Lad...

It's Carroll starting up front not Ameobi...

My bad! :lol:

In that case is it not blatently obvious now that CH is just trying to accomodate nicky fuckin butt?

Drop butt, nolan back in the middle and shola up front with carroll is what should of happened!

EDIT: Just lookin at the subs bench...shows how thin our squad is really when 4 of your 7 subs are strikers and NO midfielders at all.

Where is Guthrie, Geremi and Lua-Lua?

:ithankyou:

Edited by Geordie Lad...

im starting to think barton isnt actually injured - he's just being frozen out.

we dont need him and i dont want him.

Ehh?

If anyone could link me a small river that would be much appreciated

Me too please!