Kris Boyd a target

blackandwhiteboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He insisted: "If you score for Newcastle you're awarded messiah-like status - like Ally McCoist had at Rangers, like Henrik Larsson had at Celtic.

:lol:

Fuck off and stop talking shit Jackson. How much did he get paid for that load of cobblers?

• 2 weeks later...

From .com

Scouting mission:

Toon watch Boyd again

Glasgow Rangers strengthened their position at the top of the SPL on Sunday following a 4-1 victory over Hibernian - with Kris Boyd among the scorers.

The 26 year-old Ayrshire-born frontman made it fourteen goals this season and also supplied two assists in front of a posse of scouts at Easter Road, which included a representative of Newcastle United.

Larsson scored a bucket load for Celtic and did ok on loan to Manure. Lovenkrands at Rangers too.

Can we give someone the benefit of the doubt once in a while. At £1.5mil, reported, he's about all Cashley will stump up for.

He might come down here and rise to the challenge.

Edited by Martin

As someone said about Killgallon coming in for Colo if theres anything in this it pretty much means that we're certain to lose Carroll or Ranger or maybe even both.

I honestly don't think Carroll or Ranger will go. Boyd could replace Harewood as we have Ameobi and Carroll to play the big man role.

As someone said about Killgallon coming in for Colo if theres anything in this it pretty much means that we're certain to lose Carroll or Ranger or maybe even both.

I honestly don't think Carroll or Ranger will go. Boyd could replace Harewood as we have Ameobi and Carroll to play the big man role.

I would say that the only thing stopping Carroll going is whether anyone is stupid enough to come in and pay money for him. That could be the one saving grace, no club with any sense is going to purchase a player who could be unavailable for six months while residing at one of her Majestys finest establishments.

I would say that the only thing stopping Carroll going is whether anyone is stupid enough to come in and pay money for him. That could be the one saving grace, no club with any sense is going to purchase a player who could be unavailable for six months while residing at one of her Majestys finest establishments.

The next Duncan Ferguson tbh.

well that'll keep a few burglars tucked up safe at home then

Without the ability.

"I class Celtic and Rangers along with Manchester United and Liverpool in terms of stature and size.

"But in terms of expectation and supporters there's no bigger club than Newcastle."

Why do jocks come out with such bollocks, you wouldn't even need to know a jock had written that, you would just know. Celtic and Rangers are not even warts on Man Utd's big cock, and the tired bollocks about expectation with us oh dear. Nice to see in our darkest hour we're getting bigger gates than the world's two most deluded supports though, which we have done largely throughout our history. I'm sure Scottish Mag is sitting shaking in his head and snarling at that but that's how it is.

I think Kris Boyd would be out of his depth here, might be wrong but I'm sure how he could handle the pressure of playing for a big club, I suppose you never find out till they're thrown in the deep end though. His goalscoring record is phenomenal on paper though, but is the SPL as good a standard as the Championship? I'm not so sure.

Emre was great at winning free-kicks. Unfortunately he tended to win them getting caught in possession on the edge of our box rather than the opposition's so they weren't exactly 'dangerous'. That's on the rare occasions he wasn't injured, obviously.

Without the ability.

I've got mixed feelings about Carroll as I think he's got a decent touch but in terms of athleticism in relation to getting about the pitch he's not even as mobile as someone like Peter Crouch. He is a crackerjack as well like and if the rumours are true PP is right about him possibly serving time. ARS TBH.

Emre was great at winning free-kicks. Unfortunately he tended to win them getting caught in possession on the edge of our box rather than the opposition's so they weren't exactly 'dangerous'. That's on the rare occasions he wasn't injured, obviously.

Then when there was the occasional free kick at the other end of the pitch, Mackems aside he did fuck all with them.

Emre never won me over, his spell here was very disappointing imo. Has he remained a perma-crock since he left or has he gone on to be an ever-present for his new club?

I reckon Boyd would score a shitload at championship level, bearing in mind Shola can bang them in in this league.

Scoring goals isn't the problem at this level anyway, it will be next season however. Whether Boyd can step up to a higher level is too hard to say.

We've been crying out for a centre midfielder who can boss a game for seasons. I'd like to see us strengthen the midfield before anything else.