Wheater

Martin

Previously I had thought he was going to be a hell of a CB, and would have liked to see him in a Newcastle shirt.

After today I'm not so sure.

Would you take him from 'Boro when we leave them behind?

yes without a doubt

Previously I had thought he was going to be a hell of a CB, and would have liked to see him in a Newcastle shirt.

After today I'm not so sure.

Would you take him from 'Boro when we leave them behind?

In a heartbeat.

I liked the look of Wheater whenever I saw him in the past. He didn't look up to much yesterday, though. Maybe he's suffering a crisis in confidence? Worth a punt on him iyam. At the right price, of course - which probably rules NUFC out.

I was thinking this the other day. I'd take him because he would add competition for the centre back positions, But would you really want to change Coloccini and Taylor at the moment, they're very solid. Premiership is a different kettle of fish but surely a season playing together and forming a partnership would help us out a bit?

Also for what it's worth, Wheater is a massive Boro fan I don't think for one second Boro or Wheater would entertain a bid from us! Especially if other bids inevitably come in for him should he become available.

Edited by Marko

I was thinking this the other day. I'd take him because he would add competition for the centre back positions, But would you really want to change Coloccini and Taylor at the moment, they're very solid. Premiership is a different kettle of fish but surely a season playing together and forming a partnership would help us out a bit?

Also for what it's worth, Wheater is a massive Boro fan I don't think for one second Boro or Wheater would entertain a bid from us! Especially if other bids inevitably come in for him should he become available.

Gazza is a massive NUFC fan and he played for the smoggies mate. FWIW I think Wheater will come back and be a good premiership player albeit with another club.

Gazza is a massive NUFC fan and he played for the smoggies mate. FWIW I think Wheater will come back and be a good premiership player albeit with another club.

You're right I agree, however I honestly cannot see Wheater ever pulling on a Newcastle United shirt. I may be wrong but he'd surely sign for any other premiership team over us should we get promoted. IMO