Filter Coffee

LeazesMag

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got myself a tassimo T65. Will get plenty of testing over text week ...

Its lush :icon_lol:

Might not be for all tastes but Im impressed with it. Very little maintenance and very easy to use. We bought a range of discs (each disc is one cup, buy a box of 16) for different flavours.

Tassimo_T65Brewer.jpg

• 8 months later...

I've got a Tassimo, and I stayed in a hotel in Edinburgh earlier this year with a Nespresso in the room and much preferred the coffee from it. It might have been the novelty of having one of these machines in the room or whatever, and the fact that you had tarty coffee cups in the hotel room, but I remember it as being nicer.

So much so that I jumped on the internet at the hotel to see how much they are. :jesuswept:

:jesuswept: Gimp.

You see - I vaguely remember having a coffee from Alex's Nespresso machine when I was wrecked before, which was canny nice.

However - the range of pods for the Tassimo is currently swinging it for me. :icon_lol:

Aye they're both canny like. Think the Tassimo is cheaper as well. Not sure what the difference is on the cartridge things, and how widely available the Nespresso ones are up here.

Hey Monkey's Fist, do those things that you talked about earlier on in the thread come with instructions? I quite fancy one, but I imagine I'd never know when the coffee was made, how much to put in etc. :jesuswept: Would you perhaps run a workshop for Toontastic members if a handful of us got one?

Aye they're both canny like. Think the Tassimo is cheaper as well. Not sure what the difference is on the cartridge things, and how widely available the Nespresso ones are up here.

Hey Monkey's Fist, do those things that you talked about earlier on in the thread come with instructions? I quite fancy one, but I imagine I'd never know when the coffee was made, how much to put in etc. :icon_lol: Would you perhaps run a workshop for Toontastic members if a handful of us got one?

:icon_lol:

Do I detect a soupçon of sarcasm?

Sooooo, they're idiotproof, hence why I like it. There's a little line in the bottom bit to tell you how much water to put in.

The coffee section- stop when it's full.

It's ready when the top bit is full.

The only part I struggle with is transferring the delicious coffee from the percolator to the cup, and thereafter to my mouth, but that's because I am a raging Alchy and shake worse than Micheal J Fox dropping his jizz

:jesuswept:

No I was serious.:icon_lol: Not about the workshop, but the questions were serious, cos I always remember there being one of those on the kitchen bench when I was a kid, but no one in the house knew what to do with it. :jesuswept: I think I assumed cos of that that it was super complicated.

Sounds a piece of piss though. Gonna get one off Amazon.

No I was serious. :icon_lol: Not about the workshop, but the questions were serious, cos I always remember there being one of those on the kitchen bench when I was a kid, but no one in the house knew what to do with it. :jesuswept: I think I assumed cos of that that it was super complicated.

Nobody had those in the mid-80's tbh. Bet it was like Howards Way round at your house though.

No I was serious. :icon_lol: Not about the workshop, but the questions were serious, cos I always remember there being one of those on the kitchen bench when I was a kid, but no one in the house knew what to do with it. :jesuswept: I think I assumed cos of that that it was super complicated.

Nobody had those in the mid-80's tbh. Bet it was like Howards Way round at your house though.

His Mam got it out of the Green Shield Stamp catalogue :icon_lol:

They really are a piece of piss to use though Gemmill.

I still like my Tassimo but having used it a while now I'd say my only gripe was that the portion sizes are for gnomes. I like my coffee in a mug, so i can either use 2 pods per cup (3 in some cases) or add extra water which dilutes. Still canny though.

Says the Didsbury Kid. :icon_lol: We had Ken Hom cookery books and a Magimix and all sorts.

I still like my Tassimo but having used it a while now I'd say my only gripe was that the portion sizes are for gnomes. I like my coffee in a mug, so i can either use 2 pods per cup (3 in some cases) or add extra water which dilutes. Still canny though.

The most expensive way to drink coffee. Just get a filter machine and spend money on the quality of the coffee and not on little round bits of gold packaging and sexy writing.

The most expensive way to drink coffee. Just get a filter machine and spend money on the quality of the coffee and not on little round bits of gold packaging and sexy writing.

The writing isnt that sexy tbf :jesuswept:

Says the Didsbury Kid. :icon_lol: We had Ken Hom cookery books and a Magimix and all sorts.

The coffee was instant. Every day was a hustle tbh.

One of these LM

hob-espresso-percolator.jpg

ok, this ? Does it take filter coffee or beans, will it make 1 cup and how do you clean it out etc ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Moka-Expr...r/dp/B0000AN3QI

Don't put it in the dishwasher, aluminium don't like it.

fuck me, I'd forgotten about this. Will get one.

Whats the best size to get, I'm the only one that will drink it. Will it keep if I get one that makes multiple cups