Filter Coffee

LeazesMag

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still cool man.

Back in '82 ;)

Good man, just prompted me to stock up as well.

Cheers for those recommendations btw.

Do you order them in bulk online? As I'd imagine they'll be a leetle bit cheaper.

I'm still cool man.

Back in '82 ;)

Good man, just prompted me to stock up as well.

Cheers for those recommendations btw.

Do you order them in bulk online? As I'd imagine they'll be a leetle bit cheaper.

Not really :) In the past Ive bougt them from Asda/Tesco when in there but the range is limited. Costco sometimes have them but again only 1-2 types. Ive seen, but never bought them on Ebay. So, for choice, the Tassimo shop is where I get them. I just spent £20 but that was 5 packs plus delivery (about £4).

One thing, watch out for some as all boxes around around £3 (most anyway). But some you get 16 pods and some 8. Then things like Latte you get 8 milk and 8 coffee, so only 8 cups.

• 1 month later...

can't find the glass coffee maker. Disappeared with no trace ;)

I bought some Taylors colombian from Morrisons last week, am about to start using it but still using the tin/steel maker [whatever it is, its Russell Hobbs though isn't cheap crap]

• 4 weeks later...

Well, yesterday I went to Asda and they had something like a bialetti moka for a fiver, one cup. So I got it. Was going to get a filter but they didn't have any and the woman I spoke to said they don't stock them anymore "because people don't use them they use these" and pointed me towards one of these mega cafe things.

Today I popped into morrisons and also bought a 1 litre cafetierre half price for another fiver.

I'll use whichever is best, the cafetierre will do if I want to make more than one cup as Mrs LM only drinks instant coffee, but I expect I'll end up buying one of these sooper dooper jobs in the end :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

Well, yesterday I went to Asda and they had something like a bialetti moka for a fiver, one cup. So I got it. Was going to get a filter but they didn't have any and the woman I spoke to said they don't stock them anymore "because people don't use them they use these" and pointed me towards one of these mega cafe things.

Today I popped into morrisons and also bought a 1 litre cafetierre half price for another fiver.

I'll use whichever is best, the cafetierre will do if I want to make more than one cup as Mrs LM only drinks instant coffee, but I expect I'll end up buying one of these sooper dooper jobs in the end :lol:

At the end of the day the taste and quality of the coffee is all about the beans. Yhe method of making is secondary. It's like the good old days of seperates hi fi when one spent more on the source of the sound (turntable/cd player) than the last in the chain - the speakers. Hi quality coffee passed through a simple paper filter into a glass container gives the most authentic flavours.

I'd have been staring at her and saying "and now in English please?".

I'd have been staring at her and saying "and now in English please?".

she may have been German :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Nespresso consumables look a bit steep.

not cheap buy less than getting an espresso ont he move. works out at about 50p a cup. i have one a day at home in the morning before work. more at weekends.

Your carbon footprint using a nespresso machine must be dreadful.

why? you can recycle the pods - the guy that delivers the pods, collects the used ones for recycling. the power it uses is no more than a bog standard espresso machine i imagine.