Will he, wont he?

Deano

Lets just assume that we are going to gain promotion this season...

Do you guys think FMA will sell the club or for that matter even put the club up for sale?

If he does, id of thought its not going to be for anything less than 130mil.

It gives him the oppertunity to claw back more of his money, which is understandable but isnt the increased amount surely going to scupper NUST's chances of raising that amount of cash?

We all hope he does sell up and fuck off and lets us get on with rebuilding our club properly!

There are however some positives from this whole facard though...I mean we now have a squad which arguably is full of players who actually want to play for the club, they may not be the best players (far from it) but at least they want to help the cause.

We have got rid of MOST of the deadwood and more notably MOST of the the over-earners too.

And our wage bill is roughly about 35mil p/a which has to be the 1st time its been that low for a long long time!

We are infact now a more viable and attractive investment and are actually going to be on a pretty decent foundation to build upon once FMA does eventually fuck off!

I do think there are going to be a good number of consortia watching our situation and probably prepairing packages to buy us out and build us up again but i just hope that this time...if it actually happens...it will be good for the club!

200mil is the figure id imagine any consortium will need to first of all buy the club, secondly pay off the outstanding debts to other clubs for player fee's ( appx 25mil) and finally to invest a sizeable amount of money into the playing squad which imo has do be upwards of 30mil!

We all know what needs to happen in an ideal world, and we all know its all quite probable....but will it actually materialise?

Surely FMA has had enough of this now?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

he'll put it up for sale, I have no doubt about that, he'll do it just before july and take it back off the market just after august

Thats my fear but im just hoping there will be some consortia who actually have the sort of money to meet the price and invest accordingly!

Lets just assume that we are going to gain promotion this season...

Do you guys think FMA will sell the club or for that matter even put the club up for sale?

If he does, id of thought its not going to be for anything less than 130mil.

It gives him the oppertunity to claw back more of his money, which is understandable but isnt the increased amount surely going to scupper NUST's chances of raising that amount of cash?

We all hope he does sell up and fuck off and lets us get on with rebuilding our club properly!

There are however some positives from this whole facard though...I mean we now have a squad which arguably is full of players who actually want to play for the club, they may not be the best players (far from it) but at least they want to help the cause.

We have got rid of MOST of the deadwood and more notably MOST of the the over-earners too.

And our wage bill is roughly about 35mil p/a which has to be the 1st time its been that low for a long long time!

We are infact now a more viable and attractive investment and are actually going to be on a pretty decent foundation to build upon once FMA does eventually fuck off!

I do think there are going to be a good number of consortia watching our situation and probably prepairing packages to buy us out and build us up again but i just hope that this time...if it actually happens...it will be good for the club!

200mil is the figure id imagine any consortium will need to first of all buy the club, secondly pay off the outstanding debts to other clubs for player fee's ( appx 25mil) and finally to invest a sizeable amount of money into the playing squad which imo has do be upwards of 30mil!

We all know what needs to happen in an ideal world, and we all know its all quite probable....but will it actually materialise?

Surely FMA has had enough of this now?

said it so many times on the other board and eventually got banned for being right.

Unless you have a sugar daddy prepeared to chuck money away, you do not get success in the premiership without being prepared to go into debts and in most cases even just to survive.

Run football like a high street business, and down you go.

The club is for sale!

Do you think if an Arab turned up with £300 mill, Ashley would say no thanks?

The problem is every business man worth his salt knows that the football financial bubble has or is about to burst. They all know that the investment needed to get into the top four makes it a lose lose situation.

Even if their was another rich Arab who decided to put together a top four club, there's lots of other clubs out their that they could spend their pennies on.

Footballs fooked, we're fucked!

If he doesn't sell it's because of one of two reasons:

(i) The club isn't the money pit that they try to make out it is

(ii) There's no serious buyers

The club is for sale!

The problem is every business man worth his salt knows that the football financial bubble has or is about to burst. They all know that the investment needed to get into the top four makes it a lose lose situation.

Even if their was another rich Arab who decided to put together a top four club, there's lots of other clubs out their that they could spend their pennies on.

Footballs fooked, we're fucked!

but it seemed that supporters didn't, or a canny few thousand NUFC ones didn't when we had people trying to be successful.

Of course he will take 300m. But he wouldn't get that.

better still would be if they aren't prepared to show their faces chop off their heads

Evening Nick.

evening Patel

"Evening Chronicle!!"

dip shit is back

You should thank me. You're instantly glowing white hot and preserving your winter fuel allowance.

sorry but I don't qualify nor do I need it

Like I said. Dip shit is back. Still think the Halls and Shepherd are shit directors and running the club badly ?

You probably got banned for things like the above Leazes, ie banging on about the same shit over and over again even if the thread had NOTHING to do with the Halls and Shepherd ;)

But we won't get into this again....

The club is for sale!

no but when he puts his asking price at £130 mil and a bloke comes along and says "130 mil? alright then"

then ash says "140 mil then" then 150 160

until our rich pal says "hang on, you're a knobhead, pissoff"

The club is for sale!

no but when he puts his asking price at £130 mil and a bloke comes along and says "130 mil? alright then"

then ash says "140 mil then" then 150 160

until our rich pal says "hang on, you're a knobhead, pissoff"

This in fact is what i think has happened everytime he has put us up for sale!

I honestly dont think he could ask for more than 130mil though....like i said 200mil is what a consortium would need to put us right.

Maybe last year's asking price of £70-80m would be semi-reasonable if we were back in the PL.

The valuation of football clubs seems to have no reasonable business basis, so it really is a case of only being worth what someone is prepared to pay. That makes us worth not very much.

better still would be if they aren't prepared to show their faces chop off their heads

Evening Nick.

evening Patel

"Evening Chronicle!!"

dip shit is back

You should thank me. You're instantly glowing white hot and preserving your winter fuel allowance.

sorry but I don't qualify nor do I need it

Like I said. Dip shit is back. Still think the Halls and Shepherd are shit directors and running the club badly ?

You probably got banned for things like the above Leazes, ie banging on about the same shit over and over again even if the thread had NOTHING to do with the Halls and Shepherd ;)

But we won't get into this again....

nowt to do with you either lad is it ? Yes I banged on about being right, of course I did. Thing is, this board is far more adult, my banning is bairns onlines loss, if they had been big enough to accept my offer then I would have thought more of them but as it is now they just confirm what a bunch of bairns they are.

I still laugh when I see those 10 year olds from Singapore who think they are actually supporters of the club, and the so called "accountants" who insisted the club was being run badly........

:icon_lol:

Maybe last year's asking price of £70-80m would be semi-reasonable if we were back in the PL.

The valuation of football clubs seems to have no reasonable business basis, so it really is a case of only being worth what someone is prepared to pay. That makes us worth not very much.

Should be valued based upon ongoing revenue, as well as the value of all assets of the club (including players).

In terms of revenue we should be an attractive proposition. £70-80m would still be realistic IMO given the sale of several players since the original 'valuation' of 100. Ashley will think that reentry into the premier league will allow him to increase the value - this is true because of the increased revenue from television rights, however the risk of an immediate relegation will be very real particularly if there is no investment into the team in the current transfer window and more pertinently if the 'sale' (or mock sale) at the end of the season prevents the required investment into the squad over the close of season.

Matt, don't you think that the location of SJP, without even going into the fanbase and potential, makes us possibly the best buy in the country for anybody looking to buy a football club ?

Matt, don't you think that the location of SJP, without even going into the fanbase and potential, makes us possibly the best buy in the country for anybody looking to buy a football club ?

Why? I dont understand how the location (unless you were planning on developing the area etc) makes it any more or less a viable sale?

Should be valued based upon ongoing revenue, as well as the value of all assets of the club (including players).

In terms of revenue we should be an attractive proposition. £70-80m would still be realistic IMO given the sale of several players since the original 'valuation' of 100. Ashley will think that reentry into the premier league will allow him to increase the value - this is true because of the increased revenue from television rights, however the risk of an immediate relegation will be very real particularly if there is no investment into the team in the current transfer window and more pertinently if the 'sale' (or mock sale) at the end of the season prevents the required investment into the squad over the close of season.

Aye the only thing we have that make us even vaguely sellable in what is a dead market is that we have a BIG modern ground which we can fill with even a modicum of success - compare us with Liverpool where they have to build a new ground or most of the PL that can't even fill their seats (eg Chelski)

Edited by Rob W

Mike Ashley intends to put Newcastle United up for sale again.

The Sunday Mirror says Ashley is set to put Newcastle up for sale again in the summer if they secure promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

The controversial Sports Direct tycoon failed to find a buyer for the North East club last season despite drastically reducing the asking price to secure its sale.

He eventually took the Magpies off the market last October and promised to finance a successful Championship campaign to ensure the fallen giants were restored to the top tier of English football.

But his decision was merely a temporary measure to ensure he limited his losses as Newcastle’s market value plummeted following relegation.

A source close to Ashley said last night: “It is his intention to evaluate the situation in the summer.

“If the club can secure promotion he will almost certainly put it back up for sale immediately.

“He found it impossible to find a buyer at the first time of asking when Newcastle were battling for Premier League survival.

“In an ideal world he doesn’t want to stay somewhere where he’s not wanted. But he is a businessman and wasn’t prepared to give the club away so satisfy the widespread demands of the club’s followers.

“If the club can secure promotion it will undoubtedly make them a far more viable acquisition.”

http://www.tribalfootball.com/ashley-ready...et-again-563021?

Doesn't quite tally with...

"His commitment is unwavering and the additional large sums of money he has recently pumped into the club amply demonstrate that."

Does it?

The controversial Sports Direct tycoon failed to find a buyer for the North East club last season despite drastically reducing the asking price to secure its sale.

I hate how many papers etc have fallen for that, we (supposedly) had at least a few offers at 100million which he rejected before going through the motions with someone he knew wouldnt be able to scratch together 80mil to eventually buy the club

this is what gets me.....at that price surely if we ever stood a chance of being sold to anyone it was last August?

the thing that struck me was with our good start to the season the time to buy was November or December?

Am not sure we're going to be worth 130mill in May if we are promoted considering Ashley was willing to go as low as 70 mill 8 months earlier with the same players at the club and near on a complete new squad to be brought in if we are to stand any chace of survival next season. The best time for a buyer to come in was last month when the price would have been perhaps 100mill?

canny few thousand NUFC ones didn't when we had people trying to be successful.

Ambition without the intelligence to achieve those ambitions is fucking pointless.

88 clubs who didn't qualify for europe as often as we did may not necessarily agree that it was so pointless as you, rather stupidly, continue to suggest.

Haven't the last few years been just great ;)

Why? I dont understand how the location (unless you were planning on developing the area etc) makes it any more or less a viable sale?

that is partly the point PP. The city centre location maybe cements the fabric of the club to the city and is part of the appeal too.