Newcastle v. Crystal Palace

JonTheMag

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harsh Chez

While I agree that three points is the prioroty it would do wonders, given our recent form and performances, for everyones confidence if we could go and give someone a battering

thinking purely without the transfer window in mind

if I consider it I'd worry then that FMA would just decide we were fine and drop (whatever little) transfer activity there is but i'd still be more concerned that a poor result/performance would be worse for the team

It wasnt meant harshly (soz) but i'd extend the same sort of sentiments to all our fans. We cant spend countless hours post-match bemoaning the immobility of our central midfield, the erratic and inconsistent wing play and the inability of our strikers to hit a barn door and then expect them to go out and play like Arsenal. The general consensus of the season seems to be we are just enough less shit than most other teams to do alright. Thats because the ability in the squad is not that amazing.

Of course it would be great for the reasons you state, it might get them playing with more confidence and bringing our their ability more. However, i'm not that convinced of their ability in relation to other teams, especially after our last two matches. I'd rather see us play to our strengths and deliver 3 points.

Harsh Chez

While I agree that three points is the prioroty it would do wonders, given our recent form and performances, for everyones confidence if we could go and give someone a battering

if I consider it I'd worry then that FMA would just decide we were fine and drop (whatever little) transfer activity there is but i'd still be more concerned that a poor result/performance would be worse for the team

It wasnt meant harshly (soz) but i'd extend the same sort of sentiments to all our fans. We cant spend countless hours post-match bemoaning the immobility of our central midfield, the erratic and inconsistent wing play and the inability of our strikers to hit a barn door and then expect them to go out and play like Arsenal. The general consensus of the season seems to be we are just enough less shit than most other teams to do alright. Thats because the ability in the squad is not that amazing.

Of course it would be great for the reasons you state, it might get them playing with more confidence and bringing our their ability more. However, i'm not that convinced of their ability in relation to other teams, especially after our last two matches. I'd rather see us play to our strengths and deliver 3 points.

well what else are we supposed to do? we've not got anything else to talk about

Harsh Chez

Dancing on ice? :):razz::D

Harsh Chez

His point wasn't that we shouldn't talk about that though.

Harsh Chez

Eh? Just saying one isnt consistent with the other.

A reassuring performance like the Ipswich away match would do nicely.

This. We need a convincing win.

Grow up the pair of you, we dont need convincing of anything, we know the ability of the players and the problems in the squad. We need some new players but short of that, we need 3 points.

It's all about the points and as I said at the start of the season I don't really care how we play as long as we get up.

His point wasn't that we shouldn't talk about that though.
Eh? Just saying one isnt consistent with the other.

that was my fault, I forgot to add " :) "

I see.

I do get the impression that some people just dont want to be nervous about us going up so they want us to be so convincing that not only will we be 6+ points clear at the top but also our performances add to our confidence each week. Would be great, yeah.

Another thing i see (not on here) which is related, is the desire (expectation) to dominate teams in terms of performance and goals and then 'butter wouldnt melt' posts when confronted with accusations of arrogance from other teams. Well that desire and ultimate frustration when it doesnt arrive can look like inflated expectations anyway. I wouldnt blame opposition fans for thinking we are arrogant when we are top of the table and complaining about the performances, as though fighting to get past teams like Preston and Sheff Utd is beneath us.

Its going to be a tough few months, i'd say the performances arent going to be so convincing that you'll feel comfortable about promotion until the day it arrives, if it arrives. I can see us in the play-offs just as easily as being champions.

Grow up the pair of you, we dont need convincing of anything, we know the ability of the players and the problems in the squad. We need some new players but short of that, we need 3 points.

It's all about the points and as I said at the start of the season I don't really care how we play as long as we get up.

obviously 3 points and promotion are a priority.

But our recent performances suggest we’ll get neither. Somehow we’ll have to start playing better than we have.

Whether it’s from a gutsy display and/or nice football*, who cares, but we can’t keep getting outplayed as we have.

*no NUFC fan in their right mind is expecting us to play like Arsenal!

Grow up? :)

We've had a run of draws and been lucky to get some of those, on the back of some dodgy performances by all accounts. A good performance and 3 points against a struggling team would help the team's confidence and re-establish some momentum at a crucial juncture.

Moses banned by administrators from playing Newcastle tonight!

To protect from injury before imminent departure, you'd assume. To clarify though, it won't be to us

If true good news for us. As they were struggling to name a full bench also.

Aren't Pompey struggling to name a bench these days as well?

Fwiw I'd go with.

--------------Harper

-------Willy Colo Kadar Jose

Routledge Smith Guthrie Jonas

------------Nolan Carroll

But operating more like. 4-1-3-1-1 because all too often our central midfield is 20 yards behind the play

Fwiw I'd go with.

--------------Harper

But operating more like. 4-1-3-1-1 because all too often our central midfield is 20 yards behind the play

Is Willy not left footed? I honestly have no idea other than we tried to get him in the summer.

Fwiw I'd go with.

--------------Harper

It aint FM2010 son.

No PLPLSOAFFG?

5-0 tonight.

Edited by Stevie

Fwiw I'd go with.

--------------Harper

It aint FM2010 son.

No PLPLSOAFFG?

5-0 tonight.

66/1 with powers, Stevie ;)

1-1 for me. We're crap.