Jose

Marko

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he fit again? or near fitness seeming we're sending Aanholt back to Chelsea

Yeah, back for our next game.

Van Aanholt done OK but im really looking forward to Jose linking up with Jonas again.

And with Routledge hopefully back too we are going to have two good partnerships down our flanks.

Hope Jose gets a goal for us soon, always looked like he has one hell of a strike on him!

I think the young kid from Chelsea has done alright and he's good going forward but we've missed Enrique defensively.

I agree.

You think we should go in for him on a permanent deal at end of the season or do u think we should be lookin for more "finished" options?

I think the young kid from Chelsea has done alright and he's good going forward but we've missed Enrique defensively.

I agree.

You think we should go in for him on a permanent deal at end of the season or do u think we should be lookin for more "finished" options?

We desperately need cover for left back as after Enrique we have nothing after him. I don't think Aanholt would come cheap either! Chelsea will see him as one for the future I would have thought

I agree.

Chelsea wouldn't let him go

I agree.

We desperately need cover for left back as after Enrique we have nothing after him. I don't think Aanholt would come cheap either! Chelsea will see him as one for the future I would have thought

Yeah thats what i thought, probably around 4mil for a young talented player but with NO PL experience and isn't developed defensively to justify the price.

What other options are there though? Little known players from abroad maybe?

What about RB? Would people be happy With Simpson being our 1st choice RB in th PL or do we need someone better and us Simspon as backup?

Personally id be happy with the former.

I don't think Kadar is the worst back up for Jose tbh. I am more worried about the centre of midfield and a forward capable of scoring goals at PL level (if we go up).

Tamas Kadar does look promising, composed on the ball, strong and aware but he is predominantly a CB not a LB....i'd rather him and Williamson be back up for CB alongside maybe another CB and us go and get another natural LB as cover for Jose.

I agree about CM and ST but the thing is once we are promoted, who out of our current group of CM's and ST's will leave if any?

Personally i'd wait and see what kind of impact Barton has when he returns, if good then id imagine him and Guthrie would be battling it out for a 1st choice CM place alongside Smith next year, if that was the case id want to see a DMC and a young promising CM brought is as cover.

Id definatly let Nolan and Butt go, both dont have the legs for the CCC so definatly wont have the legs in the PL.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

I don't think Kadar is the worst back up for Jose tbh. I am more worried about the centre of midfield and a forward capable of scoring goals at PL level (if we go up).

Tamas Kadar does look promising, composed on the ball, strong and aware but he is predominantly a CB not a LB....i'd rather him and Williamson be back up for CB alongside maybe another CB and us go and get another natural LB as cover for Jose.

I agree about CM and ST but the thing is once we are promoted, who out of our current group of CM's and ST's will leave if any?

Personally i'd wait and see what kind of impact Barton has when he returns, if good then id imagine him and Guthrie would be battling it out for a 1st choice CM place alongside Smith next year, if that was the case id want to see a DMC and a young promising CM brought is as cover.

Id definatly let Nolan and Butt go, both dont have the legs for the CCC so definatly wont have the legs in the PL.

;) You really are the last of the Smith fanboys, aren't you?

If Smith is starting in CM next year we're looking at another relelgation battle. Same applies if we're starting off with Carroll and Best/Lovenkrands upfront. Not saying the other areas of the team don't need work either btw.

If Smith is starting in CM next year we're looking at another relelgation battle. Same applies if we're starting off with Carroll and Best/Lovenkrands upfront. Not saying the other areas of the team don't need work either btw.

I do like Smith yeah, do you guys really not think he is good enough?

I mean it would mean a change of system once we went up, instead of Smith playing as a box to box midfielder in a standard 442 he would need to play as an anchorman sitting deep infront of the back four and then either Guthrie or Barton at the tip of a diamond 442?

And i do think Carroll and Lovenkrands would do a job but id rather we got a pacey lad to play with Carroll.

I do like Smith yeah, do you guys really not think he is good enough?

I mean it would mean a change of system once we went up, instead of Smith playing as a box to box midfielder in a standard 442 he would need to play as an anchorman sitting deep infront of the back four and then either Guthrie or Barton at the tip of a diamond 442?

And i do think Carroll and Lovenkrands would do a job but id rather we got a pacey lad to play with Carroll.

I dont think its a case of smith not being good enough, its more like that he will be sent off every time he played in the prem

Smith won't be good enough and when was he playing as a box to box midfielder? ;)

Well from what i seen he always covered alot of ground protecting the back four and getting infront of the box in recent weeks.

Personally i think he is still good enough for the PL and as for getting sent off alot in PL.....you not think the CCC refs are for more card happy?

Smith won't be good enough and when was he playing as a box to box midfielder? ;)

Well from what i seen he always covered alot of ground protecting the back four and getting infront of the box in recent weeks.

Personally i think he is still good enough for the PL and as for getting sent off alot in PL.....you not think the CCC refs are for more card happy?

they throw out a lot of bookings but they do it for things that would be reds in the PL

We have a back five that would see us survive in the prem. Unfortunately the entire midfield and forwards need replacing.

None of them will cut it next year in the prem. (routledge maybe).

I dont understand this...

Gutierrez will do fine

Barton has ALOT of PL experience but also ALOT to prove.

Smith ALOT of PL experience.

Guthrie has a good amount of PL experience.

Raylor good amount of PL experience.

None of the above are fantastic footballers but should do a job in the PL.

Im not saying that its good enough, it does need improving but its not as bad as some make out.

New owner in and a cheeky 10mil bid for Rodwell and play him instead of Smith. ;)

Take your CM, your DM and your FM too

Take your BBC, your ABC and Barney McGrew

If your CAP was a DAB we could be wise

But the LB, CB, CCC & CT hurt my eyes.

Sorry, GL, just too many initials. Not having a go, believe me. ;)

I agree that Kadar is decent backup for Jose at left back. Tall for a fullback, but I think he fancies himsefl to be able to play there - seems to like being n the ball and getting forward. Predominantly a central defender becuse of his height, but at a pinch could be played left fullback. Ryan Taylor should laso be able to do a job there at a pinch, so I'd say getting cover in for Jose should be lower down our priority list than some decent central midfielders and a quality forward.

Take your CM, your DM and your FM too

Take your BBC, your ABC and Barney McGrew

If your CAP was a DAB we could be wise

But the LB, CB, CCC & CT hurt my eyes.

Sorry, GL, just too many initials. Not having a go, believe me. ;)

:D

I appreciate there's something to be said for looking on the bright side but Ryan Taylor is nothing like adequate cover for either of the full-back positions in the Premier League.

I agree.

Yeah thats what i thought, probably around 4mil for a young talented player but with NO PL experience and isn't developed defensively to justify the price.

What other options are there though? Little known players from abroad maybe?

What about RB? Would people be happy With Simpson being our 1st choice RB in th PL or do we need someone better and us Simspon as backup?

Personally id be happy with the former.

I personally would rather we replaced Simpson as a starting RB next year, He's not a bad player but against West Brom at home he got absolutely destroyed time and time again. Can you imagine Simpson against the likes of Agbonlahor etc? We will lose so many goals if we keep Simpson there in my opinion. Good for back up but wont be good enough in the premiership. The fact that Sunderland and Blackburn didnt take the option to sign him on a permanent basis (blackburn hardly played him!) says a lot.

Apart from that we need two centre midfielders and two forwards as a massive priority

no one player we have playing for us in my opinion is good enough for a top half premiership side (even Enrique) . it's a damning verdict of the players we have but, I beleive it to be truthful.

next season is about consolidation. nothing more than that unless we find a whole team on the cheap.