Speeding and going through a red light

bawan

Got flashed the other week for going through a red light, I have had the letter back saying I went through the red light at 36mph. Now do I only get 3 points for going through the red light or is it an extra three points for speeding too.

I would be happy to take the three points for going through the red light but having 6 put on my license is a definat no!

Any advice :icon_lol:

Speeding fines and penalty points

If a vehicle is caught speeding or jumping a red light by a safety camera, the registered keeper will be sent a form called 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' within 14 days. Part of this form asks the registered keeper to identify the driver at the time of the offence.

If you are the driver, you may be eligible for a conditional offer of a fixed penalty. This means you will not have to attend a court hearing if you pay the fixed penalty.

The minimum fine for speeding or running a red light is £60 and three penalty points added to your licence.

You may need to go to court if ...

... the offence is a serious one or if you already have a certain number of points on your licence. In this case you will not be offered a fixed penalty and will have to go to court.

You can choose to go to court if ...

... you wish to challenge the penalty or there are mitigating circumstances you think should be taken into consideration. If you tell the police you wish to go to court they will normally issue you with a summons. You can give reasons for disputing the speeding fine on the summons, plus any evidence you want the court to take into account.

Appearing in court

If you appear in court the magistrates will decide on your fine and penalty points. They have the power to increase both the fine and the penalty points, and you may also be ordered to pay court costs.

When did you pass your test Bawan? You might have to retake your test if you get 6 points if it was less than 2 years ago. Hope you only get 3!

There are cameras on red lights? :icon_lol:

Not too sure about hoping he only got three points, speeding and running red lights is that the kind of person we want on the roads? ;)

When did you pass your test Bawan? You might have to retake your test if you get 6 points if it was less than 2 years ago. Hope you only get 3!

There are cameras on red lights? :icon_lol:

Not too sure about hoping he only got three points, speeding and running red lights is that the kind of person we want on the roads? ;)

I was just humouring him. Obviously I want him locked up, never mind off the road. :blush:

Speeding fines and penalty points

If a vehicle is caught speeding or jumping a red light by a safety camera, the registered keeper will be sent a form called 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' within 14 days. Part of this form asks the registered keeper to identify the driver at the time of the offence.

If you are the driver, you may be eligible for a conditional offer of a fixed penalty. This means you will not have to attend a court hearing if you pay the fixed penalty.

The minimum fine for speeding or running a red light is £60 and three penalty points added to your licence.

You may need to go to court if ...

... the offence is a serious one or if you already have a certain number of points on your licence. In this case you will not be offered a fixed penalty and will have to go to court.

You can choose to go to court if ...

... you wish to challenge the penalty or there are mitigating circumstances you think should be taken into consideration. If you tell the police you wish to go to court they will normally issue you with a summons. You can give reasons for disputing the speeding fine on the summons, plus any evidence you want the court to take into account.

Appearing in court

If you appear in court the magistrates will decide on your fine and penalty points. They have the power to increase both the fine and the penalty points, and you may also be ordered to pay court costs.

Clear as mud.... :icon_lol:

Interesting fact, 3 points for going through a red light will increase your insurance premiums whereas your first 3 points for speeding wont.

Don't say that man, it took him long enough to pass the first time. :icon_lol:

Interesting fact, 3 points for going through a red light will increase your insurance premiums whereas your first 3 points for speeding wont.

It Might do if he is young and only just passed his test. but then it will be high enough all ready.

25 Lessons passed everything first time. I have had my License for 2 years in the start of may :icon_lol:

25 Lessons passed everything first time. I have had my License for 2 years in the start of may :icon_lol:

Oops!!! Your fuckarooneed I think.

Magma's probably still doing his lessons. ;)

This wasn't in Gateshead was it? Me Fatha's just been done for the same thing, at the same speed there.

You should only get 3 points. They count it all as one offence, based on the fact that you probably sped up to get through the lights as they were changing to red.

If you get 6 points in the first two years mind, your license is revoked and you have to start all over again.

Guest Barrack Road
This wasn't in Gateshead was it? Me Fatha's just been done for the same thing, at the same speed there.

You should only get 3 points. They count it all as one offence, based on the fact that you probably sped up to get through the lights as they were changing to red.

If you get 6 points in the first two years mind, your license is revoked and you have to start all over again.

I've heard of loads of people being caught there, and know more than one each who have been done in the stretch between Seaton Delaval and South Beach and also Haltwhistle bypass. The rule is you get away with it if you're under 10% over the speeding limit. So 30 zone (max 33) etc...

Magma's probably still doing his lessons. ;)

passed ages ago keep up to date.

I once went through two red lights in a row because I was concentrating on listening out for our name in the FA cup draw too much :icon_lol:

I had to pull off the motorway when I was listening to Ireland v Spain Penalty shoot out because I had slowed to about 30 mph absent-mindedly ;)

When I go through a red light i just shout "Committed!". Never been caught yet

A lot of good that'll do you when a double decker bus jumps off on red and orange across you...................

Yeah it was at Gateshead mate. Like I say I would take the three points but I would be fucked if its 6 :icon_lol:. You sure your dad only got three?