Young talent at St James

Christmas Tree

Isn't he like 22 or something now?

If he's not anywhere near the first team yet, especially with the current state of it, he's not going to get there.

Ryan Mason is older and has only just started playing regularly for a spurs team that are far better than us, and played for england.

Vuckic has been badly hampered by injuries but most behind the scenes seem sure the talent is there. If he keeps fit I reckon he can still make the step up. we aren't that good afterall.

The point is we're rank shithouse and he still is being loaned out because he's nowhere near the first team. If he can't get in our side in the current state it's in then I would say it's incredibly likely that he's not going to be PL quality.

Sure there are going to be examples of players breaking into first team football after the age of 22 and making a big jump forward. It's just going to be rare. Also getting into the first team at Tottenham and getting into the first team at NUFC is night and day in terms of what it says about the quality of a player and his potential.

Namely a 22 year getting into Spurs regular first team could be a future superstar. Or here you could be Sammy Ameobi.

The point is we're rank shithouse and he still is being loaned out because he's nowhere near the first team. If he can't get in our side in the current state it's in then I would say it's incredibly likely that he's not going to be PL quality.

Sure there are going to be examples of players breaking into first team football after the age of 22 and making a big jump forward. It's just going to be rare. Also getting into the first team at Tottenham and getting into the first team at NUFC is night and day in terms of what it says about the quality of a player and his potential.

Namely a 22 year getting into Spurs regular first team could be a future superstar. Or here you could be Sammy Ameobi.

Could be were shit at developing talent and/or had a manager in Pardew who wouldn't give him a chance. Just saying it's hard to judge youngsters here

Could be were shit at developing talent and/or had a manager in Pardew who wouldn't give him a chance. Just saying it's hard to judge youngsters here

You definitely have a point there. And I take the point that he could come good. Given a chance he could prove he's capable of playing well in the PL. Look at Mehdi Abeid. He's shown he's decent enough quality.

Not that playing in whatever division Rangers are in in that park level joke of a football league they've got going on up in Poofland is going to help development mind you.

Anyway, in my opinion, he won't develop into a regular PL level performer. Maybe his injuries have hampered his development, or maybe he just never had the talent to begin with, but he hasn't come on the way a lot of people (namely all of us) would have hoped.

I think it's exceedingly likely that he'll end up at a middling Championship club or somewhere overseas.

I think the injuries are the biggest issue with Vukic. He wasn't blessed with pace to begin with, I expect he's slow as fuck now. Maybe you can get away with that in a Scottish lower league, I don't know, but certainly not in the Prem.

Whenever I've seen him against any level of opposition he's always looked like he has no time on the ball at all. The best players always seem to have all the time and space in the world and he's the exact opposite. He's obviously got a good left foot but he's either too slow or doesn't have the ability to find space that he would need to be a success in the premier league. As Alex says mabye somewhere like Italy would suit him better but I doubt he'll make it anywhere at any great level.

The awful level of coaching here probably has as much to do with his lack of progress as any injuries or lack of natural ability has like.