NUST

ewerk

Unlucky Pud and Tom. :icon_lol:

I voted for you if thats any consolation.

Cheers mate and to all that voted :razz:

Lucky Escape mate ;)

We'll see, I do have my own view that now its just too much toward Yes We can without taking a step back and reviewing the situation. As one of the few questioning voices from the start its now fairly nailed on to push on with it.

Not that its a bad thing, just sometimes I think people can ge lost in the dream of something without seeing the wider picture.

Overall though its a good mix of people who can take forward this Trust and try to advance it.

Is the tenner membership a one-off or a yearly payment Pud? I'm not overly keen on renewing if Yes We Can is becoming the be all and end all.

Is the tenner membership a one-off or a yearly payment Pud? I'm not overly keen on renewing if Yes We Can is becoming the be all and end all.

Its annual although members who joined last year got this year free as a thank you.

• 1 month later...
THE bid by Newcastle United supporters to have a greater say in the running of the club has received the backing of newly-elected city MP, Chi Onwurah.

Ms Onwurah, who was elected MP for Newcastle Central in the General Election, has agreed to become a co-opted member of the board of the Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust.

The Trust has long-terms aims to strengthen the bond and dialogue between the club and its supporters and, ultimately, to involve supporters in the running and direction of Newcastle United by fans eventually owning a stake in the club.

Ms Onwurah, whose constituency covers St James’ Park, said: "Newcastle is a great city, passionate about football and now with a great Premier League football team. Unlike Manchester, Glasgow or Sheffield, in Newcastle our loyalties are not divided. We all support the same team and that team has done an immense amount of good in the community as well as raising our spirits every time they win.

“As MP for Newcastle Central, as well as a United fan, I want to help make sure that the special bond between city and club is a force for good, one which reflects the fans’ commitment to the team.

“By joining the Newcastle United Supporters’ Trust I hope to do just that."

Mark Jensen, chair of the newly-elected board of the Supporters’ Trust, said: "We are determined to work towards helping Newcastle United and its supporters to move forward to a successful future and the decision of Chi to join the board and help us towards that goal is of massive benefit to all involved.

“Newcastle United is often described as a sleeping giant because of the phenomenal support it enjoys and yet these supporters have no say in the running of the club. The current owners have recently indicated that they will be communicating less frequently with them through the media.

“This is so disappointing when we all have the love of Newcastle United at heart and it is something we wish to change. Our voice is getting stronger, and the support of our local MP offers us a fantastic boost.”

The first meeting of the new Trust board appointed the following: Chair, Mark Jensen; Vice-Chair, Lisa Bullivant; Treasurer, Paul Brown-King. The other successfully elected Board Members are Neil Mitchell, Bill Corcoran, Colin Whittle, Chris Tuck, Steve Hastie, Norman Watson and Tony Stephenson. In addition, Andrew Harrison has agreed to become Secretary.

NUST

I see they now have an MP involved as well ffs. £10 a year for a couple badly written e-mails and a stolen slogan well i am sorry NUST but no you can't because you are all full of shite, and where has all the money gone show me the money, no doubt some cunt is skimming the interest.

;) How much do you reckon NUST raised from their 10 quid membership fee?

Not the 100 million they needed but i am sure they have a wedge sitting in an account earning interest somewhere, mind you with NUST they probably have it hidden under the mattress.

The concept of NUST is a great idea it's just a shame it was very badly organised from the off. It's great having grand plans in pace but surely it would have been a better idea to get the structure in place before going out and asking the fans to part with their hard earned.

Two many questions and not enough answers for this to get anywhere near getting off the ground.

14 posts ;)

Its quantity not quality and i also have a life now get back to your sheep.

Mick are you over from TOTT?

Aye i pop in here now and then but don't post much.

Binned that place altogether. Pop across now and then and nothing seems to have changed.

14 posts ;)

Its quantity not quality and i also have a life now get back to your sheep.

Neither evident, I see.

Totally gutted about that remark from a................................................no mark. Nice hat by the way