Bristol City 2-2 Newcastle United

Deano

FWIW I think Andy Carroll is the best in the air since Les.

Probably right although Big Dunc was pretty decent with his head too... and not just on other people.

Andy Carroll is basically a more mobile version of Duncan. I think he's a better player at 21 than Ferguson was at 21. Again, he didnt do a hellish lot yesterday (especially in the first half, but he wasnt alone in that) but he still scored. Some very nice touches in the second half, when he's on his game he's a joy to watch...at this level..... :lol:

20 years since I was last at a game at Ashton Gate before yesterday, and that was the last time someone twatted me at a match....sadly, looks like things haven't changed much in Bristol...but in saying that watching 3 or 4 Bristolians scatter about 20 of our lot who were in no doubt "up for it" would've beenin parts funny and shaming, if two of our lads hadnt required hospital treatment, and also those of us who came to their aid received a slap from the returning city fans for their trouble...nice place Bristol :D

I heard there was trouble, what exactly happened? Fuckin Welsh cunts. It's always these non event places, where people are trying and failing to make a name for themselves like Stoke, Burnley, Wolverhampton and Bristol.

Looks like there was an off in the park beside the ground, which was seen off by the poilce, our lot came up out of the park and on to the pavement of a dual carraigeway beside it where we ran into them. Then some of their lot appeared and all these young uns basically legged it, apart from two who turned to have a go and got twatted. No real sympathy for them because they were all looking for a ruck, but its a bit emabarrassing because they got ran by no more than half a dozen of their lot. I dont think it was our lots "top lads"....if it was then theyre a fuckin bunch of bedwetters on that sorry show.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for you shamrock mate! :lol:

Harper...6 Bad error for goal and slow to react but not much else to do.

Simspon...5 I thought he was awful defensively, not that good going forward, doesnt overlap or cross from deep with any quality or regularity, starting to worry about him!

Hall...7 Solid, strong, alert and composed. I have been impressed with him but would struggle in the PL imo.

Coloccini...6 One of his poorer games. He was hestitant and caught out of position a few times...missing his pal Williamson.

Enrique...9 Outstanding! Strong and quick, anticipated well, skillfull and good going forward...would like to see him ping a few at goal more and get a few more early crosses in from deep.

Gutierrez...8 I actually think he was awful in the 1st half giving the ball away alot but second half was our MOM relieved pressure with his running and his drive got us back in the game...and unlucky with a great strike too!

Guthrie...6 Poor performance and never really got going until late on, wasted posession quite a bit and really should of scored...didnt need to round the keeper!

Nolan...6 Poor, slow, laboured, wasteful and should have scored with his header!

Routledge 7 Indifferent performance, started bright, disappeared for a while but like gutierrez he was instrumental in our comeback with an assist, good vision and drive.

Carroll 9 MOM worked tirelessly leading the line AND in defence. His use of the ball was good and took his goal very well! Next seasons Number 9!

Best...4 Wank

Kadar 6...Said it for a while, he looks like he has HUGE potential, very composed, strong and good feet for a CB...and some strike on him too!

I enjoyed that read, thank you :D

If he becomes 'our Les Ferdinand' I'll eat my hat. :lol:

Les was the best header of a ball this club has ever seen and scored with awesome regularity. Coventry mugged us IMO - he's not good enough for this league never mind the Premiership.

Wyn Davies ?

Les was the best header of a ball this club has ever seen and scored with awesome regularity. Coventry mugged us IMO - he's not good enough for this league never mind the Premiership.

Wyn Davies ?

From what I'm told by people who've witnessed both, Ferdinand was a better header of the ball.

Wyn Davies ?

From what I'm told by people who've witnessed both, Ferdinand was a better header of the ball.

not me :D

Opinion I suppose.

Every single member of the 1969 Fairs Cup team say that Wyn is the best header of a ball they ever played with, which says something. None of them played with Sir Les though.

One of those things though isn't it. Some people who saw Len White and Jackie Milburn say Len White was the better of the two.

FWIW I think Andy Carroll is the best in the air since Les.

Probably right although Big Dunc was pretty decent with his head too... and not just on other people.

Andy Carroll is basically a more mobile version of Duncan. I think he's a better player at 21 than Ferguson was at 21. Again, he didnt do a hellish lot yesterday (especially in the first half, but he wasnt alone in that) but he still scored. Some very nice touches in the second half, when he's on his game he's a joy to watch...at this level..... :lol:

20 years since I was last at a game at Ashton Gate before yesterday, and that was the last time someone twatted me at a match....sadly, looks like things haven't changed much in Bristol...but in saying that watching 3 or 4 Bristolians scatter about 20 of our lot who were in no doubt "up for it" would've beenin parts funny and shaming, if two of our lads hadnt required hospital treatment, and also those of us who came to their aid received a slap from the returning city fans for their trouble...nice place Bristol :D

I heard there was trouble, what exactly happened? Fuckin Welsh cunts. It's always these non event places, where people are trying and failing to make a name for themselves like Stoke, Burnley, Wolverhampton and Bristol.

Looks like there was an off in the park beside the ground, which was seen off by the poilce, our lot came up out of the park and on to the pavement of a dual carraigeway beside it where we ran into them. Then some of their lot appeared and all these young uns basically legged it, apart from two who turned to have a go and got twatted. No real sympathy for them because they were all looking for a ruck, but its a bit emabarrassing because they got ran by no more than half a dozen of their lot. I dont think it was our lots "top lads"....if it was then theyre a fuckin bunch of bedwetters on that sorry show.

That's the modern squad rotation for ya...

Personally i think Carroll has a bit of Les and big Dunc in him, and at 20 he looks to be showing more promise than both of them at the same age.

Him and Lovenkrands have formed a good partnership and i do believe they could keep it going in the PL although in an ideal world i would like a new lightning fast striker to play alongside Carroll next year. If shola stays then we would have 2 Big lads and 2 small lads meaning we wouldnt have to change our system to much if any get injured or rotated.

Best can fuck off (we will be lumbered with him for 3 years), Ranger and Donaldson can go out on loan.

Personally i think Carroll has a bit of Les and big Dunc in him, and at 20 he looks to be showing more promise than both of them at the same age.

Him and Lovenkrands have formed a good partnership and i do believe they could keep it going in the PL although in an ideal world i would like a new lightning fast striker to play alongside Carroll next year. If shola stays then we would have 2 Big lads and 2 small lads meaning we wouldnt have to change our system to much if any get injured or rotated.

Best can fuck off (we will be lumbered with him for 3 years), Ranger and Donaldson can go out on loan.

Which bits? :icon_lol:

Which bits? :icon_lol:

The fists of Big Dunc :icon_lol:

Not to be rude of course, but what age are you?

Old enough to have heard Sir Les on the wireless :icon_lol:

Old enough to have heard Sir Les on the wireless :icon_lol:

But not old enough to understand the meaning of the word 'wireless'