Leeds United

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road

Got family who support Leeds so I know a lot about the club, been to Elland Road for loads of games which haven't involved Newcastle.

Now I don't want to get in to a big club debate. Newcastle don't have the recent history to call themselves a big club, but in my opinion only three or four clubs do. What I will remember about Leeds this season is this comment from Allan Clarke.

He said: "Jermaine is doing a great job for Leeds, the fans love him, and he is already with the biggest club he'll ever play for.

"Let's face it, Leeds are far bigger than Newcastle, so Jermaine should stay at Elland Road and become a real hero there."

It really is like comparing The Titanic to the Shields Ferry, the arrogant deluded bastard. They are a shit club in a city which isn't even football orientated, and listening to the crack last week, something along the lines of Leeds were 15 points above Norwich five months ago, and now there's been a 13 point swing. I don't want to laugh at a teams misfortune, but they've lost too much momentum to think they'll go up in the play offs, and I love it. I hope they stay in that league forever, a league smaller club Newcastle has never been in in its' 118 year history I may add. The biggest cheer in the pub yesterday aopart from our goals going in was when Leeds 0 Swindon 3 came up, which tells you everything. Shit club, shit fans. Pipe down and stay down. The funny thing is Bates was a great chairman in January, and Grayson was the next Mourinho, now Bates is the anti-christ and Grayson should resign gracefully.

It really has been a classic fall from grace within the context of this season for Leeds. They'd want to arrest the slide quick smart if they want to do anymore than go out of the playoffs without a whimper.

Got family who support Leeds so I know a lot about the club, been to Elland Road for loads of games which haven't involved Newcastle.

Now I don't want to get in to a big club debate. Newcastle don't have the recent history to call themselves a big club, but in my opinion only three or four clubs do. What I will remember about Leeds this season is this comment from Allan Clarke.

He said: "Jermaine is doing a great job for Leeds, the fans love him, and he is already with the biggest club he'll ever play for.

"Let's face it, Leeds are far bigger than Newcastle, so Jermaine should stay at Elland Road and become a real hero there."

It really is like comparing The Titanic to the Shields Ferry, the arrogant deluded bastard. They are a shit club in a city which isn't even football orientated, and listening to the crack last week, something along the lines of Leeds were 15 points above Norwich five months ago, and now there's been a 13 point swing. I don't want to laugh at a teams misfortune, but they've lost too much momentum to think they'll go up in the play offs, and I love it. I hope they stay in that league forever, a league smaller club Newcastle has never been in in its' 118 year history I may add. The biggest cheer in the pub yesterday aopart from our goals going in was when Leeds 0 Swindon 3 came up, which tells you everything. Shit club, shit fans. Pipe down and stay down. The funny thing is Bates was a great chairman in January, and Grayson was the next Mourinho, now Bates is the anti-christ and Grayson should resign gracefully.

aye.

Bates is a wanker like. Typical cockney tosser who used to trot out the "Keegan won nowt" comments, no understanding of the club, the state it was in, the area or fuck all. I've got a good mate who is a Leeds fan but every other Leeds supporter deserves him.

Edited by LeazesMag

To be honest Huddersfield have won the same as them domestically so they might have found their level :D

I think a lot of the less desirable Premier league teams have worked hard to get there and have done it without the increased pull of being a ''big'' club. Leeds will have to stay where they are till they can prove they are good enough for another level.

When they do have a good enough season for promotion they still have to get through the Championship so I reckon they are out of the big time for a long long time.

It is nice to go up in that sense too.

Everybody wanted and expected us to be where Boro are I suppose.

They said we were the next Leeds, the mackems are saying if we go up we'll be the next Portsmouth etc etc

'Does anyone else think that our players are doing this on purpose? 90% of our squad really wouldn't feature if we got promoted. We have a premiership ground and state of the art training facilities, how many other clubs in this division can offer this?

Come on we look after our players, fly them to certain matches, put them up in nice hotels, provide massages, spas, etc..... How many other league one sides can afford to do this? Think about it... these players get us moved up a league and then most of them are sidelined because they aren't up to it. Their nice lifestyle is at an end......'

Chin up lads. :D

Guest Barrack Road
All the Leeds fans laughing at our demise. Unlucky :D I fucking hate Leeds like.

There's nothing to like about them. Humourless Yorkshire bastard fans, who like to portray themselves as hard. They claim to have the third biggest fanbase in England you know, not even making that up, that's what they claim. You wouldn't put them in the top ten. In my job I cover a lot of the Yorkshire area and I always ask them who if they support Leeds, and more often than not, "yeah I support t'Leeds, t'Leeds t'Rhino's that is". They should be the biggest club in the country by far 3m people within 15 miles and they struggle to get 18,000 half the time.

Their fans are horrible, horrible cunts. Hooligans and firms are one thing, but every time you go there you don't feel welcome at all, they have no crack, just nothing. Everywhere you look skinheads too. Odious club.

3 wins in 16 it is, and it all started going pear shaped after they beat Man Utd league wise, and Beckford's form has nose dived, probably depressed about not getting his dream move.

I agree with alot of what your saying...but Leeds fans are shit fans? I think not. They may have a merited bad reputation but make alot of noise and 25,0000 average attendance in League 2 is still credible. We may get 40,000+ for one season in the Championship, but if we went down their road we wouldnt be attracting the same numbers they do.

They may be dicks but they are certainly loud

I agree with alot of what your saying...but Leeds fans are shit fans? I think not. They may have a merited bad reputation but make alot of noise and 25,0000 average attendance in League 2 is still credible. We may get 40,000+ for one season in the Championship, but if we went down their road we wouldnt be attracting the same numbers they do.

:D

Guest Barrack Road

Yes we're getting 43,000 in our first season in this division. FORTY THREE THOUSAND. Which is four thousand more than their highest EVER league gate, in any division. Their first season down they averaged 29,000 then 22,000, 20,000, 26,000 and 23,000. In the last 5 seasons they've had less than ten league gates over 30,000, LESS THAN TEN IN FIVE YEARS. Yet you're saying we wouldn't get 25,000 in their position????? Their average gates in the 80's were hideous far far worse than ours ever were, so I'll ask you what is that based on? That we wouldn't get what they do. Just try and explain it. The lack of wums on here recently has been refreshing, and if you're not a WUM, you're a tool. Try and explain what your assertion is based on. Sunderland have much much better fans than Leeds. They couldnt even fill their ground in the top flight for fuck sake.

Edited by Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road
Is there no desire upon the forum to create another singing section with banners etc?

The lack of noise is tragic at times and some clubs have had a high degree of success with it. (Youtube -Celtics "Green Brigade" who are particulary outstanding)

:D Sometimes you can just sense things.

Guest Barrack Road
Not many clubs get 2.5m people to be fair.

Just seen that. It's 250,000. The only ground that can hold that is in the Czech Republic "Alot" too :D

Yes we're getting 43,000 in our first season in this division. FORTY THREE THOUSAND. Which is four thousand more than their highest EVER league gate, in any division. Their first season down they averaged 29,000 then 22,000, 20,000, 26,000 and 23,000. In the last 5 seasons they've had less than ten league gates over 30,000, LESS THAN TEN IN FIVE YEARS. Yet you're saying we wouldn't get 25,000 in their position????? Their average gates in the 80's were hideous far far worse than ours ever were, so I'll ask you what is that based on? That we wouldn't get what they do. Just try and explain it. The lack of wums on here recently has been refreshing, and if you're not a WUM, you're a tool. Try and explain what your assertion is based on. Sunderland have much much better fans than Leeds. They couldnt even fill their ground in the top flight for fuck sake.

Before Don Revie, Leeds were a nothing club. Won nowt, did nowt, just a nowt club. He raised them above their level for a decade. Howard Wilkinson somehow won the league with them too but they went back down to their level almost as fast as they rose.

No way are they one of the countries biggest clubs, they are slightly bigger than the smoggies and that is all. The mackems are much bigger than Leeds are.

The old Leeds players during the Revie years will think they were "big" because they were successful. Its the old chestnut again where someone can't differentiate between the two.

Guest Barrack Road

Before Don Revie, Leeds were a nothing club. Won nowt, did nowt, just a nowt club. He raised them above their level for a decade. Howard Wilkinson somehow won the league with them too but they went back down to their level almost as fast as they rose.

No way are they one of the countries biggest clubs, they are slightly bigger than the smoggies and that is all. The mackems are much bigger than Leeds are.

The old Leeds players during the Revie years will think they were "big" because they were successful. Its the old chestnut again where someone can't differentiate between the two.

By fuckin far they are.

They've generally always been a poorly supported club as well for the size of their area, hugely disloyal fans through the generations, not isolated like when we've had boycoutts and the like. The ones that do go are twats. As for Leeds fans making a lot of noise. I went to their grudge game in 2001 against Man Utd 1-1 draw, Viduka had a goal disallowed late on, and it was one of the shittest atmospheres I've been part of. They made a noise v Spurs cos it was their biggest day in 6 years on live TV. They're shit by their own admission at home games.

Tom, local random? Was just such a bizare foundationless post, that no one with half a clue would ever put.

Edited by Barrack Road

Is there no desire upon the forum to create another singing section with banners etc?

The lack of noise is tragic at times and some clubs have had a high degree of success with it. (Youtube -Celtics "Green Brigade" who are particulary outstanding)

I appreciate your statistics and I agree that my assertion was incorrect. In fairness, we are enjoying a successful Championship campaign where we are unbeaten at home. I dont think we have been tested to the extent Leeds have as their downfall was so dramatic; failing to regain promotion, suffering financial meltdown and then dropping another league. It is a trauma worse than our own and at the end of it, 25,000 is impressive especially when you consider how loud they are. Nonetheless I may have been hasty in suggesting we would not attain that in the same circumstances.

As for the Green Brigade, I take it you've never seen them before? their political views and expressions of them are undefendable, yet their support, noise levels and displays are indeed fantastic and should be appreciated. Please do a youtube/google search to see my point.

Leeds United couldn't even fill their small stadium when they were playing in the Champions League. Note the mackems as well as us.

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend2001.htm

Celtic, also, during the period when they finished 4th during the 90's, in the SPL, regularly got crowds under 20,000

Big c.ub ? Gloryseekers and bigots is all they are.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest Barrack Road

I appreciate your statistics and I agree that my assertion was incorrect. In fairness, we are enjoying a successful Championship campaign where we are unbeaten at home. I dont think we have been tested to the extent Leeds have as their downfall was so dramatic; failing to regain promotion, suffering financial meltdown and then dropping another league. It is a trauma worse than our own and at the end of it, 25,000 is impressive especially when you consider how loud they are. Nonetheless I may have been hasty in suggesting we would not attain that in the same circumstances.

As for the Green Brigade, I take it you've never seen them before? their political views and expressions of them are undefendable, yet their support, noise levels and displays are indeed fantastic and should be appreciated. Please do a youtube/google search to see my point.

They're not loud. The Celtic fans do nothing but moan about how poor their support is other than Old Firm and European games and this season even they've been shite as the club is depressed for now, any isolated youtube proves fuck all. You could probably find one of Fulham fans which is impressive. You could put a youtube up of the Middlesbrough game last season, or even the Cardiff game this season and you'd be hard pressed to find more noise anywhere. Leeds' 24,000 average doesn't impress me it's not even the biggest in the division, and this with arguably the best squad, and a feel good factor on the back of dumping Man Utd out the cup. Especially given the fact they won every single week virtually and as soon as they stopped winning they're back down to the 18 and 19,000 midweek gates when their support really needs them.