Leeds United

Guest Barrack Road

Got beat 4-0 at Oldham the other night, hopefully its not an Orient style springboard. Their best 11 is pretty shite, I guarantee they won't come up. Could be a relegation battle in store.

Was Bury but nay mind eh :icon_lol:

Guest Gordon McKeag
I prefer Hull et al in the Premier League over Leeds. No team has a divine right to be in the top division.

The only thing I miss about Leeds is we nearly always used to beat them home and away, and it was a localish away day in a reasonable town. They really don't like us though, our catchment area in the North East is so wide it spills over in to theirs, they're not a major rival but there's a degree of dislike for each other on both sides. They view us arrogant and are threatened by the fact we're a much better supported bigger club, we don't like them because they're odious Yorkshire tramps, the worst of Yorkshire in my view. As Leazes Mag pointed out they have 10 years of history and that's them. Leeds it's 1/10th the football city Newcastle is.

I remember going to Headingley for the cricket a few years ago. My dad and I stayed in Wakefield, where it was 1993 judging by the clothes and the hair styles of the ropey old tarts we kept seeing. I've had plety of experience of West Yorkshire scum from when I lived in Bridlington. Yorkshire [eople are wankers.

I prefer Hull et al in the Premier League over Leeds. No team has a divine right to be in the top division.

The only thing I miss about Leeds is we nearly always used to beat them home and away, and it was a localish away day in a reasonable town. They really don't like us though, our catchment area in the North East is so wide it spills over in to theirs, they're not a major rival but there's a degree of dislike for each other on both sides. They view us arrogant and are threatened by the fact we're a much better supported bigger club, we don't like them because they're odious Yorkshire tramps, the worst of Yorkshire in my view. As Leazes Mag pointed out they have 10 years of history and that's them. Leeds it's 1/10th the football city Newcastle is.

:icon_lol:

You're a big admirer of the mighty Whites, aren't you Stevie?

One of my neighbours have two sons, both about 20-22. Both support Leeds. They would have been young kids when Ferdinand, Smith and Viduka were there and they got to the CL semis. Also a couple of blokes who get in the club I sometimes drink in are Leeds fans, (Although the blokes never go to their games.) The older blokes were kids when Bremner, Giles, Hunter et al were winning stuff. It's great to see such a lack of moral fibre get it's just desserts.

Guest Gordon McKeag
Simply put, Leeds had one of the best teams I've seen.

Easy to say we are a bigger club providing you don't examine the trophy cabinet too closely.

Clearly a clueless Yorkshireman masquerading as a toon fan. If you had half a clue, you would realise Newcastle's trophy cabinet is double the size of theirs.

4 times champions to their 3.

SIX FA CUP's to their 1.

One European trophy to their 2.

I make that 11-6 in our favour so justify your comment. You're not a toon fan you wouldn't be as ignorant if you were. You can not compare our club to Leeds in any way. Mickey mouse club. Personally now that we're up you hear people saying Leeds are the biggest club outside the top flight. I regard Forest and Derby as bigger clubs personally.

I probably should've added in living memory, Stevie.

Like many people, I've moved on from the Edwardians and tend not to harp on about that golden era of domination. How much longer can you drone on about 3 cups in 5 years?

We might have big crowds and a canny ground but everything else about the Toon is a joke.

Some of the drivel you come out with is the reason why other fans laugh at us.

Like many people, I've moved on from the Edwardians and tend not to harp on about that golden era of domination. How much longer can you drone on about 3 cups in 5 years?

We might have big crowds and a canny ground but everything else about the Toon is a joke.

That's a bit extreme calling the club you support a joke. A bit strong saying other fans laugh at us. Guess what? We laugh at other clubs and fans, it's what football supporters tend to do.

Also, define history, Sunderland fans laugh at the last time we won a trophy, yet quite a large number of their support would never have seen their own team win a trophy, in fact, until the other year, many had never seen their side defeat us at the SoL/Roker......Ever! I was born months after the last time they won the cup and I'm nearly 37! Fans of Spurs, Everton and a whole host of other clubs come out with this kind of shit, is there an official cut-off point where history doesn't matter and a point where it does? Anything past 1960 doesn't seem to count to Spurs fans, (they did the double in 1961), anything past the late 60's doesn't count for Leeds fans, (wonder why that is?). Do you see the point I'm trying to make here? Leeds fans don't 'drone on' about their past glories, do they, 'sniffer'?

Anyway, was Alan Clarke your hero?

Guest Gordon McKeag

The toon are a joke? What are Leeds then? They've just spent four years in a division we've never even been in in our history. So because the best part of our heritage was in the 1900's 1920's and 1950's that history doesn't count. Can I remind you, your mickey mouse club has won one trophy in the last 35 years, hardly that much better than us is it. You are a Leeds fan, no Newcastle fan cares what other fans think of us, a true toon fan looks down their nose at nothing clubs like Leeds, well I do. You're a rugby town more similar in size to Middlesbrough FC than Newcastle United, and I know for a fact you know that in your heart, you Yorkshire bell end.

You really are a dumb fuck ,Stevie. 37 going 12 and living in your own fantasy world.

You've taken a comment that Leeds had one of the best teams I've seen to believing I'm a yorkshireman. FFS, nobody better think there were any canny teams with you around or the north east will be deserted. In your little mind.

Just because Leeds are now shite doesn't make us any better. But Leeds were definitely a better team at their peak than we have been. They won major trophies, we haven't apart from the Fairs cup. I saw every home match by the way.

Newcastle has been a circus for as long as I can remember, primarily through a combination of mismanagement, lack of ambition, greedy owners not supporting the manager at critical times in terms of signing the right players and hefty slices of bad luck over the years...... If not bad luck then not getting a slice of good luck when we needed it. Recognizing all of this this does not mean you don't support the team. It means being realistic.

Is history important? Of course but 1926 is a fucking long time ago. And droning on about it or how we were cup giants in the 50s is well........fucking pathetic when you think about it for a big club.

.... counting to 10 .....

Why?

do you want this thread to be "hijacked"..................your paragraph 4 is bollocks.

And - both ourselves and Leeds are to a degree living on past glories, but its a fact that before Don Revie Leeds were nothing, and Stevie is absolutely right that they are nowhere near as big a club as ourselves, in fact they aren't as big a club as the mackems either.

They couldn't even fill a 44,000 stadium when they played in the Champions League ffs

It's not bollocks at all. It's been a pattern all of the time I've been watching Newcastle with the exception of perhaps six or seven years and even that is s stretching it. And even in that time, we were not successful if you actually measure success in terms of winning a trophy. Which is what it really boils down to. You don't remember the runners up. Now you can drone on about Hall and Shepherd as much as you like. Bottom line is they imploded and couldn't get their act together to make us winners. And that has been the same for other boards....lack of ambition, get some players but don't go the whole hog and get the complete set. Arsenal did. Man U did. Liverpool did. We never did.

We have a good ground and we can pack in 50,000. I'd swop our ground for the old SJP any day of the week if we won the league and the FA Cup. Snow, rain, somebody pissing down my leg, doesn't matter.

Leeds won trophies. And in my lifetime. Who gives a fuck if they can only get 40,000? Bear in mind they have cricket and rugby, but so what? They won trophies.

FFS, Stevie thinks Derby are a bigger club. They are shite now, small crowds if that's your yardstick and haven't won what Leeds did. I'm not a Leeds supporter but be realistic.

Are Leeds bigger than us? Or have a more impressive history? No. Not if you want to consider the pre-war era. Boer war that is.

Not much to choose if you ask me.

It's not bollocks at all. It's been a pattern all of the time I've been watching Newcastle with the exception of perhaps six or seven years and even that is s stretching it. And even in that time, we were not successful if you actually measure success in terms of winning a trophy. Which is what it really boils down to. You don't remember the runners up. Now you can drone on about Hall and Shepherd as much as you like. Bottom line is they imploded and couldn't get their act together to make us winners. And that has been the same for other boards....lack of ambition, get some players but don't go the whole hog and get the complete set. Arsenal did. Man U did. Liverpool did. We never did.

We have a good ground and we can pack in 50,000. I'd swop our ground for the old SJP any day of the week if we won the league and the FA Cup. Snow, rain, somebody pissing down my leg, doesn't matter.

Leeds won trophies. And in my lifetime. Who gives a fuck if they can only get 40,000? Bear in mind they have cricket and rugby, but so what? They won trophies.

FFS, Stevie thinks Derby are a bigger club. They are shite now, small crowds if that's your yardstick and haven't won what Leeds did. I'm not a Leeds supporter but be realistic.

Are Leeds bigger than us? Or have a more impressive history? No. Not if you want to consider the pre-war era. Boer war that is.

While football is, at the end of the day, about winning trophies [or playing in europe and/or the Champions League these days depending on your point of view and outlook] you can't say that the likes of Wimbledon, Luton, Oxford, smoggies, Portsmouth to name 4 have been more successful than us in recent memory because they won 1 trophy each and we won nothing.

I suggest to you, that despite your comment that the club lacked ambition, which they certainly did not, the buck stops at some point with the players. The remit of a board is to back their managers with funds and support enough to put together a team good enough to win these trophies. Playing in europe regularly, finishing 2nd in the league twice and reaching 2 FA Cup Finals and a European Semi Final suggests that they did, how can you blame the board for players not performing, or the manager making poor selections, tactics, motivational factors etc ?

As has been said, football supporters laugh at each other. Thats the way it is. People on here laugh at the likes of ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.........what exactly gives us the fibre to laugh at clubs like this who have won an amount of trophies that we can only dream of ? Now, THAT is realistic.

Anybody who lives out of the area, or travels regularly and meets other supporters, will tell you that during the years we were trying to win things, we were far from being a "circus". Personally I met dozens of supporters who wished us well, many many people said to me that we deserved it, other supporters, genuine supporters up and down the country know that Newcastle United is a great club in a great city with great supporters who should be winning and competing at the top levels of the game all the time.

Guest Gordon McKeag

There's three scenario's here.

• You're an idiot
  • You're Yorkshire which I think you are and one of the shittest wums seen on these boards
  • You are from round here but a total retard

Lets just start with your argument, that fact we've won double the trophies Leeds have is irrelevant because it was so long ago that we won them. :unsure: So by your reckoning Villa, England's fourth most succesful club, have only won two major trophies because only trophies from the 60's onwards count. Hey what an arsehole lad. :lol:

The comment about the difference in us and them is the stadium, just how clueless are you?? Leeds have struggled to fill Elland Road, at every point in history, even their last stint in the Premiership they'd sell out against us, Man Utd, and Liverpool and that's it in their little stadium. Leeds gates in the 80s were as low as 6000 for some games 12000 average the norm. Basically if you're not a wum which in my view you are, your views must be utterly clouded by the fact Leeds were in the top 4 in your formative years, basically the only time in their history they have been before or since. If you look at the history of support in this country as well, there's about an 8,000 difference which is huge when you think 1,000 separates Newcastle, Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham, you are much, much closer to a Southampton and Ipswich than a Newcastle United. Fuckin Leeds :lol:

Anyway you're from Yorkshire. Good try pal.

Get in! Leeds up.

Oh dear

That Leeds team did play brilliant football. They were also as hard as any team around but every one of them was a very good player.

When you look at other teams in that era, its difficult to single out Leeds players when you think of the likes of McGrath and McNamee, Tommy Smith, Chopper Harris, Maurice Setters, Storey,Simpson and Mclintoch...three fucking thugs at arsenal...Dave Mackay, Pat Crerand, Charlie Hurley to name but a few. Leeds players were just as hard or dirty however you look at it but also a hell of a team. I'd say all those players'd have a good laugh at the puffs playing the game these days.

Officially known and recognised as the dirtiest English team in history, so much so a manager went in and called them a bunch of wanks (Clough) and you stick up for them.

Tell them you're a paki...stani and they'll be sending Scotland Yard up to help the local plods.

Nice.

Definitive proof, from the most racist fans in England's most racist city.

Do one pal.

Guest Gordon McKeag
I dont usually get involved in these little tete a tetes but it has to be pointed out that sniffer was the nickname of Alan Clark, centre forward for Don Revie's Leeds :lol:

No Newcastle fan would seriously dismiss our heritage, and speak about Leeds' 10 years of history in favourable terms compared to us. I say again fuckin Leeds :unsure: half the club Sunderland are let alone us.

I dont usually get involved in these little tete a tetes but it has to be pointed out that sniffer was the nickname of Alan Clark, centre forward for Don Revie's Leeds :lol:

No Newcastle fan would seriously dismiss our heritage, and speak about Leeds' 10 years of history in favourable terms compared to us. I say again fuckin Leeds :unsure: half the club Sunderland are let alone us.

Even when they did briefly have a top team it was completely spoiled by everything else about them. Clough had them bang to rights in everything he said and thought about them. They had all that ability but had to be the biggest bunch of cheating, cynical thugs the games ever had, with a slimy bastard of a manager who shat on his country for money. Not just content with trying to injure all and sundry they added in diving, intimidating refs and anything else wrong with the game.

I've spoken to fans of god knows how many teams of various ages over the years, and all Leeds are known for/as is "Dirty Leeds" and not as a big or successful club like a manu, arse, pool or even spurs, villa etc. Outside of yorkshire i don't think anyone could give a toss about them, and won't unless they manage to win something again.

As for talking about us being a joke and a circus etc. thats a relatively new thing, we were crap for years but not a circus and under Keegan we certainly weren't, its not until the Shepherd/Hall incident and then the revolving door of managers and players plus sky sports use of mongs outside St James that we became a farce.

absolutely spot on PL

I saw them play some magnificent football in Yurop but the whole club was flawed because of Revie - they didn't need to intimidate but he just liked them that way

Guest Gordon McKeag
If we're such a big joke wtf are Leeds? :unsure:

Exactly third tier rugby town. Sniffer is so fucking stupid he thinks he can get away with being a toon fan. I mean look at this...

So what :lol: we have them too, but football is so much bigger in Newcastle than it is in Leeds, hence we're a much bigger club. They have rugby and cricket :lol: aye and they don't care about football as much, shooting yourself in the foot there Hunslet based man.