About as far past UNBELIEVABLE as it gets

Guest Barrack Road

0,,10794~3741853,00.jpg

Bugs Bunny looking bastard.

Isn't that the dirty bastard who used to play for Southampton in the 80s?

An utter cunt of a player if it is the same.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0,,10794~3741853,00.jpg

Bugs Bunny looking bastard.

Isn't that the dirty bastard who used to play for Southampton in the 80s?

An utter cunt of a player if it is the same.

think that might have been Mark Dennis. Might be wrong though.

Aye I think you might be right LM...

BTW - cannot believe they didn't censor Stevie's "MICK DENNIS IS A TOTAL CUNT" comment :angry:

:angry: Newspaper columnist in 'controversy raising' article shocker.

His gaffer will give him a raise for the number of hits to the Express site man!!

Surely any journalist prostituting himself to be controversial purely for the sake of it, by definition has no self respect?

Patrick Barclay,

now there was a cunt of a journalist if ever I argued with one. Threw his toys out of the pram when I dared question an article he wrote and proceeded to throw insults such as "You are representative of an age in which the reader thinks he knows as much as the writer."

nobheads all of them, well almost all.

Good to know our promotion has got all the sad little hacks wet with excitement again, they're lost without us to be honest, usually devoting whole columns to point out how unimportant we are!

I love the geordie nation stuff, i have still to this day never heard one single native of Newcastle ever use this phrase, the only people who do use it are journalists and maybe the likes of Fat Fred, but never fans.

You have to give the little worm credit though for finding a way to criticise our attendances which have blown everyone out of the water and which won't ever be beaten in this division. That's quite a comittment to being a sad, bitter little prick he's managed, he should get himself on the mackems messageboard he'd be a legend!

His gaffer will give him a raise for the number of hits to the Express site man!!

Surely any journalist prostituting himself to be controversial purely for the sake of it, by definition has no self respect?

Patrick Barclay,

now there was a cunt of a journalist if ever I argued with one. Threw his toys out of the pram when I dared question an article he wrote and proceeded to throw insults such as "You are representative of an age in which the reader thinks he knows as much as the writer."

Disappointed you cut that one loose tbh.

As for your last sentence, I can happily read stuff by George Culkin, Henry Winter and, to some extent, Simon Bird. The rest are much of a muchness.

Patrick Barclay,

Disappointed you cut that one loose tbh.

As for your last sentence, I can happily read stuff by George Culkin, Henry Winter and, to some extent, Simon Bird. The rest are much of a muchness.

Pretty much the names I was thinking too.

Might have to follow Mr Barclay avidly over the next few weeks to see if I can restart the old lunatic off again :D

I wonder if hes still reading this place?

Eh? Paddy? are ya?

Mick Dennis (born 10 May 1952 in Isleworth, Middlesex, England) is a sports writer and broadcaster. He has written (mostly about football) for The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Daily Mirror,[1] The Daily Telegraph and the London Evening Standard. Since December 2003, he has been the football correspondent of The Daily Express.[2] He appears regularly on Sky News and Sky Sports News, has been a guest presenter on TalkSPORT radio and frequently contributes to programmes on BBC Radio 5 Live. He is a magistrate, involved with a number of charities and is a football referee. He is chair of the Football Foundation's Community Fund Assessment Panel and vice chair of the Premier League/PFA Community Fund Panel, collaborated with referee Graham Poll on the latter's autobiography, "Seeing Red", and has written a book about football, The Team, which is part of the Quick Reads Initiative series of books, aimed at readers who lack confidence.[3]

Isegrim, do you know this man? :angry:

Guest Barrack Road

Patrick Barclay is the biggest mug journalist I've ever known, there's a whole list of them I'd love to meet. In 1997 he said Newcastle lost the league in 96 cos our fans were nervous and Man Utd have class fans.

About as far past UNBELIEVABLE as it gets

No, it gets better :angry:

Many football hooligans have switched from the grounds to the internet

Anonymous cyber bullies are seeking to trash the reputations of players, managers and others in the sport

Guess who this is by :D:naughty::outahere::icon_lol:

As a small child I lived in Lebanon for a while. At my strict Beirut school, talking, uninvited, during lessons invariably led to a strip of Sellotape being stuck across your mouth.

Punishments can rarely have been more effective; quite apart from instantly silencing miscreants, the pain of the tape's eventual removal – it hurts – proved a disincentive to reoffending.

The deployment of such a brutally old-fashioned classroom calming device would cost teachers their careers today but you sometimes wonder if the general concept might not be ripe for adaptation elsewhere.

If only certain football fans' fingers could be tightly gaffer-taped together whenever the urge to begin blogging or tweeting about their latest bête noire overtook them, the world might become a nicer – and saner – place.

While the internet remains a wonderful invention, football supporters and the web are an increasingly noxious mix. With stewards and police no longer turning persistently deaf ears to racist or homophobic abuse inside grounds, a warped, and militantly vociferous, minority have moved from shouting venom to typing toxic thoughts before pressing Send.

Others, meanwhile, simply prefer making hi-tech mischief. There have been two notable recent examples of such trends. At Newcastle United the alleged altercation between Andy Carroll and Steven Taylor, which left Taylor nursing a doubly broken jaw and feeding through a straw, prompted a surfeit of septic, completely unfounded, rumours on some Newcastle supporters' sites.

If Newcastle's enduring, ill-advised, silence on the Taylor-Carroll affair is a pollutant at the heart of an otherwise renascent club, Aston Villa were dumbfounded last week when fans' forums began buzzing with chatter concerning Martin O'Neill's supposedly imminent departure in the wake of Villa's 7-1 thrashing by Chelsea.

All it took was a post beginning: "I don't know if this is true but ..." on VillaTalk for the rumour to develop "legs" long enough to ensure its replication on national radio stations and newspaper websites.

When the furore subsided and the manager was discovered to be still wearing a Villa tracksuit, O'Neill asked a pertinent question. "Really, is this how the media works?"

His subsequent self-proclaimed ignorance about the blogosphere's existence and a laptop's basic functions may appear disingenuous but it is not entirely implausible that O'Neill has better things to do than fritter time online.

Other managers are simply too obsessed with downloading their beloved Prozone stats first-hand to remain computer illiterate. Once logged on, few can resist a little surfing and often find monitoring fan opinion becomes an uncomfortably compulsive reading habit.

Frequently, it is also a recipe for understandable depression. There is an unfairness inherent in seeing people ridiculed and their reputations trashed by anonymous, factually challenged, half-wits who would probably never dare say "boo" to the object of their vitriol's face. Even worse, the suspicion is that witch-hunts are sometimes manufactured by the same numbskull submitting multiple comments via different usernames.

Constructive criticism is healthily democratic but a cross-section of football fan sites contain far too many posts which seem not merely worryingly childish but cruel and, often, cringe-inducingly crude.

With contributors shielding their true identities by hiding behind silly names such as BeansOnToast or BigCheese and many forums unmoderated or slackly policed, they are also cowardly. A modern equivalent of poison pen letters. How many bloggers would be happy for their wives or employers to know precisely what they have been writing?

The time has come for the game's ruling bodies to initiate a national "Online Respect" campaign designed to modify an uncomfortably harsh climate of web ranting.

Richard Bevan, the impressive chief executive of the League Managers Association, could be the right man to coordinate a project which might involve David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Fabio Capello reminding everyone that cyber bullying is sad. Steven Taylor may even be persuaded to explain what being a victim feels like.

Naive idealism? Well, things change. When I lived in Beirut, Lebanon was on the brink of civil war. Today it's peaceful, welcoming and most travel writers' "hot" new destination for 2010.

louisetaylor.jpg

Rattled me thinks :icon_lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

All it took was a post beginning: "I don't know if this is true but ..." on VillaTalk for the rumour to develop "legs" long enough to ensure its replication on national radio stations and newspaper websites.

When the furore subsided and the manager was discovered to be still wearing a Villa tracksuit, O'Neill asked a pertinent question. "Really, is this how the media works?"

I thimk our favourite makem hasnt quite worked out just who O'Neill was having a pop at, it wasnt the internet or the "hi-tech mischief makers" but the likes of herself, the football journalists too lazy to find out the real stories who just write any old bilge they find on the logic that one in 10 of the stories could be true and they end up with a scoop.

Frequently, it is also a recipe for understandable depression. There is an unfairness inherent in seeing people ridiculed and their reputations trashed by anonymous, factually challenged, half-wits who would probably never dare say "boo" to the object of their vitriol's face. Even worse, the suspicion is that witch-hunts are sometimes manufactured by the same numbskull submitting multiple comments via different usernames.

boo!

The time has come for the game's ruling bodies to initiate a national "Online Respect" campaign designed to modify an uncomfortably harsh climate of web ranting.

Richard Bevan, the impressive chief executive of the League Managers Association, could be the right man to coordinate a project which might involve David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Fabio Capello reminding everyone that cyber bullying is sad. Steven Taylor may even be persuaded to explain what being a victim feels like.

Can you imagine the amount of online abuse that project would get? :angry:

:angry:

what a tart.

If only certain football fans' fingers could be tightly gaffer-taped together whenever the urge to begin blogging or tweeting about their latest bête noire overtook them, the world might become a nicer – and saner – place.

That applies to her more than anyone on the internet.

As a small child I lived in Lebanon for a while. At my strict Beirut school, talking, uninvited, during lessons invariably led to a strip of Sellotape being stuck across your mouth.

Why couldn't it have been gaffer tape and never removed? Fuck off Louise you annoying, repetitive, clueless slut.

At least we get some inkling as to why she was so up on her high horse about Mido.

Fuck off Louise you annoying, repetitive, clueless slut.

:angry:

If Newcastle's enduring, ill-advised, silence on the Taylor-Carroll affair is a pollutant at the heart of an otherwise renascent club

How the fuck has she got the nerve to type such drivel?? Oi Taylor, get your fat arse registered on here and explain to me just how you can suggest that the club's silence was 'ill-advised'??

For too long this club has been dragged through a shit-storm by what has gone on behind the scenes and they way they've handled this incident is both refreshing and commendable. The only people who miss out on this are, surprise surprise, the press. So instead of feeding off scraps thrown out to you - go be a proper journalist and fucking earn your money - better still, fuck off and find a job more suited to you!!

Stupid bint [/stevie]

boo!

:angry::D:naughty:

Guest Barrack Road

She's so fuckin ugly and I think that's the root cause of her problems, you know when people say "I'd need £1000 to shag her", well I would. That's her looking her best as well. Truly the face of Wearside.

If Newcastle's enduring, ill-advised, silence on the Taylor-Carroll affair is a pollutant at the heart of an otherwise renascent club

How the fuck has she got the nerve to type such drivel?? Oi Taylor, get your fat arse registered on here and explain to me just how you can suggest that the club's silence was 'ill-advised'??

For too long this club has been dragged through a shit-storm by what has gone on behind the scenes and they way they've handled this incident is both refreshing and commendable. The only people who miss out on this are, surprise surprise, the press. So instead of feeding off scraps thrown out to you - go be a proper journalist and fucking earn your money - better still, fuck off and find a job more suited to you!!

Stupid bint [/stevie]

Absolutely spot on, Craig.

She's so fuckin ugly and I think that's the root cause of her problems, you know when people say1 "I'd need £1000 to shag her", well I would. That's her looking her best as well. Truly the face of Wearside.

You cheap bastard... it'd take a damned sight more for me to shag her :angry: