About as far past UNBELIEVABLE as it gets

Guest Barrack Road

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

I’m not sure who the online sports editor is, but Geoff Marsh is the editor for the website and can be contacted at online editor

Thesports editor would be one Bill Bradshaw who is a mackem, then it explains a lot doesnt it!

Bill Bradshaw's not to blame, he's a really good bloke* I know him. * For a mackem

You've got a Makem mate?

fuck off

:angry:

:D:) He's not a mate, he's someone I used to work with when I was a kid.

I sent him this email two days ago, he hasn't responded yet.

Hi Bill

I don't know if you remember me but I used to work in your offices when you were editor of The Journal, I was only 17 or so at the time, and you were always a really decent bloke towards me. I was on office junior there and used to assist your PA Sarah, you will remember me because I used to take the piss out of that homosexual Chris Hastings every day and he complained.

I've noticed your career has taken off since then massively and well done, The Express is obviously one of the most widely respected and largest newspapers in the country.

Now I know you're a Sunderland fan, but whenever I used to chat with you, or I've seen you since on the Sunday Supplement, whenever you've mentioned NUFC you have always been fair and balanced, and it could be because you were from an era when Newcastle and Sunderland supporters had a lot more respect for one another.

Which is why I'm shaking my head at the disgraceful vitriolic nonsense from "The Voice of Football", (I know more about football than this cretin and I do) Mick Dennis. Mick Dennis is an idiot, and someone who clearly prostitutes himself as a wind up merchant, or a controversy seeker in order to gain interest in your sports pages. It's either that or The Express have decided to go down an anti-Newcastle United path. Either way he's got no self respect in my view, and no professional integrity.

I would like you to read his article about Newcastle United's disloyal fans Bill, and tell me what you think.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/167776...s-still-deluded

43,000 average gate and we are disloyal, despite this being the largest average any club has had outside a top flight division, anywhere on earth since 1974, despite Premiership ticket prices, despite being utterly dragged through the mud with no money to spend. If you have idiots like this writing nonsense like he has, your captive audience will go down. The Express isn't The Star or The Sport, I'm disappointed that such drivel about my club is allowed to be written in order to pacify a Newcastle United hating nation.

Best Wishes

Steve

He'll tow the party line and defend a fellow journalist, have no doubt about it. I'll be amazed if he says, 'Alright, Stevie mate? Aye, I completely agree, he's a total bell-end and that article is the biggest load of shite I've seen since I had a tonne of manure delivered to my back garden'.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Guest Barrack Road
[

I’m not sure who the online sports editor is, but Geoff Marsh is the editor for the website and can be contacted at online editor

Thesports editor would be one Bill Bradshaw who is a mackem, then it explains a lot doesnt it!

Bill Bradshaw's not to blame, he's a really good bloke* I know him. * For a mackem

You've got a Makem mate?

fuck off

Hi Bill

I don't know if you remember me but I used to work in your offices when you were editor of The Journal, I was only 17 or so at the time, and you were always a really decent bloke towards me. I was on office junior there and used to assist your PA Sarah, you will remember me because I used to take the piss out of that homosexual Chris Hastings every day and he complained.

I've noticed your career has taken off since then massively and well done, The Express is obviously one of the most widely respected and largest newspapers in the country.

Now I know you're a Sunderland fan, but whenever I used to chat with you, or I've seen you since on the Sunday Supplement, whenever you've mentioned NUFC you have always been fair and balanced, and it could be because you were from an era when Newcastle and Sunderland supporters had a lot more respect for one another.

Which is why I'm shaking my head at the disgraceful vitriolic nonsense from "The Voice of Football", (I know more about football than this cretin and I do) Mick Dennis. Mick Dennis is an idiot, and someone who clearly prostitutes himself as a wind up merchant, or a controversy seeker in order to gain interest in your sports pages. It's either that or The Express have decided to go down an anti-Newcastle United path. Either way he's got no self respect in my view, and no professional integrity.

I would like you to read his article about Newcastle United's disloyal fans Bill, and tell me what you think.

43,000 average gate and we are disloyal, despite this being the largest average any club has had outside a top flight division, anywhere on earth since 1974, despite Premiership ticket prices, despite being utterly dragged through the mud with no money to spend. If you have idiots like this writing nonsense like he has, your captive audience will go down. The Express isn't The Star or The Sport, I'm disappointed that such drivel about my club is allowed to be written in order to pacify a Newcastle United hating nation.

Best Wishes

Steve

He'll tow the party line and defend a fellow journalist, have no doubt about it. I'll be amazed if he says, 'Alright, Stevie mate? Aye, I completely agree, he's a total bell-end and that article is the biggest load of shite I've seen since I had a tonne of manure delivered to my back garden'.

I would love to be a journalist me like especially a football journalist. Even if they asked me to write about Spurs or Liverpool I'd be unbiased, because that's how it should be regardless of any individual dislikes.

Guest Barrack Road
Difficult for the Express' readership to shrink much more anyway I'd have thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newsp..._by_circulation

Tells you the country we live in that the only paper who's circulation has went up in the last 10 years is the DAILY STAR.

Tits got better? :angry:

They were alwats great, Maria Whittacker etc..

Went down to 10p for a while.

I would love to be a journalist me like especially a football journalist. Even if they asked me to write about Spurs or Liverpool I'd be unbiased, because that's how it should be regardless of any individual dislikes.

I know what you mean but I don't mind bias as long a it's informed bias. For example, you know (or at least have access to) attendance and can back up your bNewcastle biased posts with hard evidence. If some fan came back with empirical data proving their support was statistically better than ours you'd take it on board. Becausethe guys doe research and hasn't simply plucked opinion from 'twixt his arse hairs.

We don't need our collective arse kissed by the media and if they want to pick faults with our club, let them. As long as they actually fucking do some work and research.

[

You've got a Makem mate?

fuck off

Hi Bill

Best Wishes

Steve

Are you Chris Hastings ????

[

You've got a Makem mate?

fuck off

Hi Bill

Best Wishes

Steve

Dennis and frumpy mackem Taylor obviously let their personal dislike of our club cloud their judgements, whilst others are out for controversy and a reaction, I'd put the prick Adrian Durham in the latter category. The best bet with the likes of Durham is simply not to listen, thats what will get to him, but the likes of Dennis need to be put right as he is virtually 'offering us on' with his past sniping at our support.

[

You've got a Makem mate?

fuck off

:naughty::) He's not a mate, he's someone I used to work with when I was a kid.

Hi Bill

Best Wishes

Steve

Are you Chris Hastings ????

:D

[

You've got a Makem mate?

fuck off

:icon_lol::) He's not a mate, he's someone I used to work with when I was a kid.

Hi Bill

Best Wishes

Steve

:D:naughty::outahere::icon_lol: Excellent

I can't recall which editor I contacted some while back and I got the stock response. We conversed over a few emails and he seemed decent bloke. But the general reply was that columns or blogs are there to provide a discussion point and that as my email showed, it worked. Was nothing about facts but about opinion of the column writer.

Guest Barrack Road
I can't recall which editor I contacted some while back and I got the stock response. We conversed over a few emails and he seemed decent bloke. But the general reply was that columns or blogs are there to provide a discussion point and that as my email showed, it worked. Was nothing about facts but about opinion of the column writer.

That's fine, but this bollocks was printed in yesterdays Express.

The sad little woman has been found out by the rest of the football world , for years other clubs supporters have read her shite about our club and believed it to be true, now she can reap the rewards from around the country, get it reet up ya :angry:

That's fine, but this bollocks was printed in yesterdays Express.

This is what I mean. I'm fine with opinion and controversial views as talking points. But making shit up shouldn't be an acceptible form of journalism.

Re: the hooligan comment, you can pretty much guarantee she didn't even like football back in the 80s. I doubt if she liked it pre-Euro '96.

I'm pretty sure she didn't. In one article a few years ago she slagged Shearer (when he was still playing) something rotten, but began by saying that she had a bit of a thing for him at Euro 96 and that's why she started watching football.

Re: the hooligan comment, you can pretty much guarantee she didn't even like football back in the 80s. I doubt if she liked it pre-Euro '96.

I'm pretty sure she didn't. In one article a few years ago she slagged Shearer (when he was still playing) something rotten, but began by saying that she had a bit of a thing for him at Euro 96 and that's why she started watching football.

Fucking hell :angry: That sums the Guardians football coverage up for me. Incidentally, you know when she's having a go at people for spreading rumours about the Taylor / Carroll thing? What the fuck is she doing by implying it's Carroll's fault / he should be punished? :D What a bint.

If any newspaper were to employ a female football correspondent it would have to be the Guardian. After all, they had Russell Brand. Their Football Podcasts are excellent though, presented by James Richardson. I particularly like the grumpy but frequently funny and spot on guy who sounds like Bob Geldof.

If any newspaper were to employ a female football correspondent it would have to be the Guardian. After all, they had Russell Brand. Their Football Podcasts are excellent though, presented by James Richardson. I particularly like the grumpy but frequently funny and spot on guy who sounds like Bob Geldof.

Didn't Sue Mott write for the Torygraph? She's fucking clueless as well.

Fucking hell :angry: That sums the Guardians football coverage up for me. Incidentally, you know when she's having a go at people for spreading rumours about the Taylor / Carroll thing? What the fuck is she doing by implying it's Carroll's fault / he should be punished? :D What a bint.

I'm not sure what makes it to the paper from the site, but some of the Guardian's footy stuff I really enjoy.

Sid Lowe covers La Liga, and he's great. There's another article every so often on tactics that's a good read.

None of this excuses Louise Taylor, however.

Guest Barrack Road

I've never known anyone sound less like Bob Geldof tbh.